-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Seton Hall
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm sorry to say this, but that's the most likely conclusion.So if we haven't received an II at this point we're waiting for the R?
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
I don't think anyone knows for sureI'm sorry to say this, but that's the most likely conclusion.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't quote me on this but I think someone said they would stop interviewing after Feb 25th, but then I think someone else got an II in early March, so I think there's still hope?So if we haven't received an II at this point we're waiting for the R?
I guess we really just don't know and hope for the best. Fingers crossedDon't quote me on this but I think someone said they would stop interviewing after Feb 25th, but then I think someone else got an II in early March, so I think there's still hope?
medschoolapplicant122
New Member
Has anyone heard back from the 2/21 interview date or any other February interviews around that date?
lessiknowthebetter
Full Member
Does Hackensack have guaranteed residency within their network if you do the three year track?
I don't think it's guatenteed but one of the current students can probably answer better. During my interview one of the people said they have a lot of IM spots so you would almost be guatenteed a spot if you tried for that one at least.Does Hackensack have guaranteed residency within their network if you do the three year track?
does anyone know if there is a match list out from hackensack for this year??
There is no one in the regular match this year since this is the third year of HMSOM. I posted the specialties people matched into in the 3-year program a page or two ago.does anyone know if there is a match list out from hackensack for this year??
They have enough spots in IM to basically guarantee you a spot. Every other specialty is going to be more competitive for the three-year program. Can give more details if you want, not sure if I can post the actual numbers publicly.Does Hackensack have guaranteed residency within their network if you do the three year track?
I was late jan and haven't heard back yetHas anyone heard back from the 2/21 interview date or any other February interviews around that date?
They sent an email saying their CTE deadline was June 1st
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess by "the end of the week" they meant Friday. Here's hoping we get the A call soon! iASo for those who interviewed in Jan and earlier, we can expect to hear back this week??
nothing for me.did anyone receive info on financial aid/package from school?
confused--
Full Member
I hope so lol, I interviewed on 1/22, and still silence.I guess by "the end of the week" they meant Friday. Here's hoping we get the A call soon! iA
does anyone know if there is an excepted student facebook page yet?
Got a missed call from a 201-878-**** number this afternoon! Wished they had left a message.... from Jersey City New Jersey!
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
I probably need to stop checking this thread everyday lool. Every time I get a notification, I hope it's calls going out for As!😭
AlicetheDuck
Full Member
Another week of nothing it seems like?
I thought someone said they don't have anybody matching this year?Excited to see their match results. Hoping they post them soon!
AlicetheDuck
Full Member
Yeah no one will "Match." At least to my knowledge. Everyone that went the 3 year residency route was already matched through the HMH system. The others who chose the 4th year ILP route will undergo the regular match process next year.I thought someone said they don't have anybody matching this year?
This is accurate, the students matched within the HMH system a long time ago. 18 students matched and the specialties are: IM(7) 4 JS, 3 HUMC, neuro(1) JFK, psych (2) Jersey Shore + Ocean Medical, anesthesia(4) HUMC, peds(2) HUMC, emergency med(2) HUMCYeah no one will "Match." At least to my knowledge. Everyone that went the 3 year residency route was already matched through the HMH system. The others who chose the 4th year ILP route will undergo the regular match process next year.
Last edited:
Anyone know if classes will be in person for M1s this year?
Currently up in the air at this point.Anyone know if classes will be in person for M1s this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my acceptance, best of luck everyone!
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Thank you. You got your acceptance Today?Just withdrew my acceptance, best of luck everyone!
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Any one got acceptance email? Give us updates please.
No, back in JanuaryThank you. You got your acceptance Today?
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Ok.No, back in January
Medical school journey1
Full Member
I forgot to congratulate Sorry.Congratulations to you whichever medical school you go.Best of Luck! 👍
confused--
Full Member
Did you end up hearing back? I also interviewed in Jan and have yet to receive a call.Just called - they said they are sending a batch of A/WL/R by the end of next week. They said to call if you don't hear anything after that.
Edit: I mentioned I interviewed in Jan so not sure if that applies to Feb people
No, I didn’t hear back and seems like no one else did either.Did you end up hearing back? I also interviewed in Jan and have yet to receive a call.
Can someone else please follow up with them today? They took my name down last time and I don’t wanna get blacklisted lol
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
Does anyone know when the committee actually meets to make decisions? I need some good news in my life lol
AlicetheDuck
Full Member
I think they meet on Tuesdays. But as we all know, meeting doesn't guarantee you'll hear anything back in a timely manner. My interviewer told me he was meeting the committee in 2 days and its been 2 months of radio silence.Does anyone know when the committee actually meets to make decisions? I need some good news in my life lol
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
WowI think they meet on Tuesdays. But as we all know, meeting doesn't guarantee you'll hear anything back in a timely manner. My interviewer told me he was meeting the committee in 2 days and its been 2 months of radio silence.
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students for Hackensack SOM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students for Hackensack SOM?
Has anyone followed up with admissions?
medschoolapplicant122
New Member
I called and they said acceptances and decisions being released by end of March. They told me to call back if i didn’t hear back by then.Has anyone followed up with admissions?
Thank you so much for calling! They’ve been pushing their decision release since the end of February. I really hope this is the last time lolI called and they said acceptances and decisions being released by end of March. They told me to call back if i didn’t hear back by then.
Wouldn't be surprised if they push it back again XDThank you so much for calling! They’ve been pushing their decision release since the end of February. I really hope this is the last time lol