2020-2021 Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just called - they said they are sending a batch of A/WL/R by the end of next week. They said to call if you don't hear anything after that.

Edit: I mentioned I interviewed in Jan so not sure if that applies to Feb people
Thanks for calling and giving an update!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So if we haven't received an II at this point we're waiting for the R?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So if we haven't received an II at this point we're waiting for the R?
Don't quote me on this but I think someone said they would stop interviewing after Feb 25th, but then I think someone else got an II in early March, so I think there's still hope?

Don't quote me on this but I think someone said they would stop interviewing after Feb 25th, but then I think someone else got an II in early March, so I think there's still hope?
I guess we really just don't know and hope for the best. Fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 users
Does Hackensack have guaranteed residency within their network if you do the three year track?
I don't think it's guatenteed but one of the current students can probably answer better. During my interview one of the people said they have a lot of IM spots so you would almost be guatenteed a spot if you tried for that one at least.

does anyone know if there is a match list out from hackensack for this year??

does anyone know if there is a match list out from hackensack for this year??
There is no one in the regular match this year since this is the third year of HMSOM. I posted the specialties people matched into in the 3-year program a page or two ago.

Does Hackensack have guaranteed residency within their network if you do the three year track?
They have enough spots in IM to basically guarantee you a spot. Every other specialty is going to be more competitive for the three-year program. Can give more details if you want, not sure if I can post the actual numbers publicly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, does anyone know if the commit to enroll deadline for Hackensack is April 30? I know schools have their own specific deadlines regardless of the 4/30 AMCAS CTE deadline.

Edit: nvm, just saw I missed the email that says its 6/1.

Last edited:
They sent an email saying their CTE deadline was June 1st

So for those who interviewed in Jan and earlier, we can expect to hear back this week??

So for those who interviewed in Jan and earlier, we can expect to hear back this week??
I guess by "the end of the week" they meant Friday. Here's hoping we get the A call soon! iA

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got a missed call from a 201-878-**** number this afternoon! Wished they had left a message.... from Jersey City New Jersey!

Has anyone reached out about when we should be expecting financial aid packages? It’s getting a little late isn’t..?

I probably need to stop checking this thread everyday lool. Every time I get a notification, I hope it's calls going out for As!😭

Reactions: 5 users
Excited to see their match results. Hoping they post them soon!

I thought someone said they don't have anybody matching this year?
Yeah no one will "Match." At least to my knowledge. Everyone that went the 3 year residency route was already matched through the HMH system. The others who chose the 4th year ILP route will undergo the regular match process next year.

Yeah no one will "Match." At least to my knowledge. Everyone that went the 3 year residency route was already matched through the HMH system. The others who chose the 4th year ILP route will undergo the regular match process next year.
This is accurate, the students matched within the HMH system a long time ago. 18 students matched and the specialties are: IM(7) 4 JS, 3 HUMC, neuro(1) JFK, psych (2) Jersey Shore + Ocean Medical, anesthesia(4) HUMC, peds(2) HUMC, emergency med(2) HUMC

Last edited:
Anyone know if classes will be in person for M1s this year?

I hope they release the average STEP 1 scores as I think the M3s have taken it already

and for those accepted congrats!!
join the Facebook group here: Facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just called - they said they are sending a batch of A/WL/R by the end of next week. They said to call if you don't hear anything after that.

Edit: I mentioned I interviewed in Jan so not sure if that applies to Feb people
Did you end up hearing back? I also interviewed in Jan and have yet to receive a call.

Did you end up hearing back? I also interviewed in Jan and have yet to receive a call.
No, I didn’t hear back and seems like no one else did either.
Can someone else please follow up with them today? They took my name down last time and I don’t wanna get blacklisted lol

Anybody still not hear after completing secondary? I was done with the secondary 9/28 and I've heard nothing. I still am in the preliminary review stage, have not received the complete email yet. This is a joke.

Does anyone know when the committee actually meets to make decisions? I need some good news in my life lol

Does anyone know when the committee actually meets to make decisions? I need some good news in my life lol
I think they meet on Tuesdays. But as we all know, meeting doesn't guarantee you'll hear anything back in a timely manner. My interviewer told me he was meeting the committee in 2 days and its been 2 months of radio silence.

I think they meet on Tuesdays. But as we all know, meeting doesn't guarantee you'll hear anything back in a timely manner. My interviewer told me he was meeting the committee in 2 days and its been 2 months of radio silence.
Wow

Just emailed about when we should expect financial packages. Let’s hope I get an answer to let y’all know 🤞🏻

Reactions: 3 users
Update: financial aid packages should be sent out by the end of this month

Reactions: 7 users
I called and they said acceptances and decisions being released by end of March. They told me to call back if i didn’t hear back by then.
Thank you so much for calling! They’ve been pushing their decision release since the end of February. I really hope this is the last time lol