2020-2021 Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much for calling! They’ve been pushing their decision release since the end of February. I really hope this is the last time lol
Wouldn't be surprised if they push it back again XD

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
I think this might be the final push back only because interviews ended in late Feb. At least im praying this is the case.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think this applies for those of us who interviewed in early March?
I think it might. I called after reading @medschoolapplicant122's post just to confirm. I didn't mention I interviewed in Jan and I was told that would send out decisions by the end of next week. The admissions rep apologized for the delay because "it's a big group"

Reactions: 1 users
I think it might. I called after reading @medschoolapplicant122's post just to confirm. I didn't mention I interviewed in Jan and I was told that would send out decisions by the end of next week. The admissions rep apologized for the delay because "it's a big group"
sounds great! The wait has been killing me.

Just called admissions--apparently they still don't know if classes will be in person next year, nor could they tell me when they will decide that information.
As someone who has to decide whether I will have to sign a new lease, this is very frustrating. Any ideas what I can do?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
They’re really trying to keep us waiting huh

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just called admissions--apparently they still don't know if classes will be in person next year, nor could they tell me when they will decide that information.
As someone who has to decide whether I will have to sign a new lease, this is very frustrating. Any ideas what I can do?
Yup, we here don't know either. They also won't let you know till the last minute, talking about like a month before. My bet would be at least small groups when you guys enter so I'd bet on y'all needing an apartment. Also, we have clinical skills in-person so you'd need to come in person about once a week during the first course.

Reactions: 2 users
Yup, we here don't know either. They also won't let you know till the last minute, talking about like a month before. My bet would be at least small groups when you guys enter so I'd bet on y'all needing an apartment. Also, we have clinical skills in-person so you'd need to come in person about once a week during the first course.
Thank you! Do you know how often the small groups meet?

I emailed them and they just said we should be getting packages “soon”.
They told me end of March, and I don’t know if they know but it’s the end of March 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I Interviewed in early January and have not been contacted once since the interview. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I’m skeptical about calling, but this is a long time without hearing anything.

Reactions: 4 users
I Interviewed in early January and have not been contacted once since the interview. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I’m skeptical about calling, but this is a long time without hearing anything.
Yup interviewed late Dec and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully we get the decision we've all been waiting for.

+1! interviewed 01/08 & nothing since!

I guess we should all wait until the end of the week since March ends tomorrow :(

Received the accepted student day email today but still no financial aid package - anyone else receive it yet?

Also got the accepted srudent thing. No financial aid yet. It's the only thing i need before making my final selection at this point

Also got the accepted srudent thing. No financial aid yet. It's the only thing i need before making my final selection at this point
Literally is as just about to say. I saw Hackensack and freaked.

Is this like an April fools joke? I see a lot of messages changed to an Easter theme with jelly beans, Easter bunnies, Easter egg baskets, and the like LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Is this like an Easter joke? I see a lot of messages changed to an Easter theme with jelly beans, Easter bunnies, Easter egg baskets, and the like LOL.
And even this message was changed to Easter Joke from 4/1 f O_0Ls LOL.

Just called today, they said it's gonna be another week.
Please tell me you are joking/april f00ls
Edit: sorry did you mean another week for A/W.L/R decisions or for financia| aid?

Last edited:
  • Haha
So I guess they don't know what end of march is huh?
wait, is website changing words automatically? let me try lol: financial aid, anybody, interview

Received the accepted student day email today but still no jelly beans package - anybunny else receive it yet?
I followed up on my february email thread with the finaid office where they told me packages would be sent out mid-March and they said we should be receiving in a few weeks. lol i hope they don't dock aid the number of times i pester them but i figured it was just a one-time follow-up on that email back in feb so should be fine

this school has been one of the worst in terms of communication and fulfilling their estimated timelines. i wonder why thats the case. anybody have any insight?

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Do we know if II's are still being sent? I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see a response.

I also want to try this Easter thing: MCAT, interview, LOL

• Haha
Do we know if II's are still being sent? I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see a response.

I also want to try this Easter thing: flowers, Easter egg hunt, LOL
There was someone who said last invites were sent late Feb I believe, so likely not? hard to know for certain

• Sad
Updates for y'all

In-person classes- again still up in the air, depends on state regulations for room capacity, seems unlikely at this point. Small group classes seem more and more likely, no official word but the school is pushing for clubs to return in-person activities in July.

Building- they are building new spaces for HMSOM students on the 4th floor, which will be done next winter for you guys to use.

Cost of attendance- recently approved and updated- find it here Financial Aid and Costs – Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine

Reactions: 8 users
Looking like another week without decisions :(. Let us know if you call @vrz !

this school has been one of the worst in terms of communication and fulfilling their estimated timelines. i wonder why thats the case. anybody have any insight?
Doesn't get any better when you get here. Just wait till ur waiting a month for grades.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone here who interviewed in February hear back from this school with an A or an R?

Did anyone here who interviewed in February hear back from this school with an A or an R?
I saw someone did a few weeks after her interview, but I haven’t. Tbh last year they were giving out A’s well into May so I feel like no news is good news?? lol