You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Seton Hall
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
My interview was early March
futureOBGYN!
Full Member
Are they still interviewing candidates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kissmy_asthma_99
Full Member
Do we think this applies for those of us who interviewed in early March?I called and they said acceptances and decisions being released by end of March. They told me to call back if i didn’t hear back by then.
I think it might. I called after reading @medschoolapplicant122's post just to confirm. I didn't mention I interviewed in Jan and I was told that would send out decisions by the end of next week. The admissions rep apologized for the delay because "it's a big group"Do we think this applies for those of us who interviewed in early March?
sounds great! The wait has been killing me.I think it might. I called after reading @medschoolapplicant122's post just to confirm. I didn't mention I interviewed in Jan and I was told that would send out decisions by the end of next week. The admissions rep apologized for the delay because "it's a big group"
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
Hoping for good news for us all!
drsukiyaki
New Member
Does anyone know if Hackensack is still interviewing students?
Not a clue, will let y'all know if I find out.@SlickMDS do you know when Hackensack will release average step 1 scores?
Just called admissions--apparently they still don't know if classes will be in person next year, nor could they tell me when they will decide that information.
As someone who has to decide whether I will have to sign a new lease, this is very frustrating. Any ideas what I can do?
As someone who has to decide whether I will have to sign a new lease, this is very frustrating. Any ideas what I can do?
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
Likeeeeeeeee!!!!They’re really trying to keep us waiting huh
Yup, we here don't know either. They also won't let you know till the last minute, talking about like a month before. My bet would be at least small groups when you guys enter so I'd bet on y'all needing an apartment. Also, we have clinical skills in-person so you'd need to come in person about once a week during the first course.Just called admissions--apparently they still don't know if classes will be in person next year, nor could they tell me when they will decide that information.
As someone who has to decide whether I will have to sign a new lease, this is very frustrating. Any ideas what I can do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Do you know how often the small groups meet?Yup, we here don't know either. They also won't let you know till the last minute, talking about like a month before. My bet would be at least small groups when you guys enter so I'd bet on y'all needing an apartment. Also, we have clinical skills in-person so you'd need to come in person about once a week during the first course.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday typicallyThank you! Do you know how often the small groups meet?
Good to know, thank youMonday, Wednesday, Friday typically
I emailed them and they just said we should be getting packages “soon”.Has anyone heard from financial aid?
They told me end of March, and I don’t know if they know but it’s the end of March 😭I emailed them and they just said we should be getting packages “soon”.
JimmyJohnny
Full Member
Are II still being sent?
Yup interviewed late Dec and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully we get the decision we've all been waiting for.I Interviewed in early January and have not been contacted once since the interview. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I’m skeptical about calling, but this is a long time without hearing anything.
tana98
Full Member
+1! interviewed 01/08 & nothing since!I Interviewed in early January and have not been contacted once since the interview. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I’m skeptical about calling, but this is a long time without hearing anything.
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
I guess we should all wait until the end of the week since March ends tomorrow 🙁
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
Is anyone planning to call today?
vrz
New Member
I’m gonna call by the end of the week if I don’t hear anything and I will report back here.Is anyone planning to call today?
Also got the accepted srudent thing. No financial aid yet. It's the only thing i need before making my final selection at this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Literally is as just about to say. I saw Hackensack and freaked.Also got the accepted srudent thing. No financial aid yet. It's the only thing i need before making my final selection at this point
And even this message was changed to Easter Joke from 4/1 f O_0Ls LOL.Is this like an Easter joke? I see a lot of messages changed to an Easter theme with jelly beans, Easter bunnies, Easter egg baskets, and the like LOL.
RiseofTheMD
Full Member
Imagine getting a call today LOL
Just called today, they said it's gonna be another week.Is anybunny planning to call today?
Please tell me you are joking/april f00lsJust called today, they said it's gonna be another week.
Edit: sorry did you mean another week for A/W.L/R decisions or for financia| aid?
Last edited:
I followed up on my february email thread with the finaid office where they told me packages would be sent out mid-March and they said we should be receiving in a few weeks. lol i hope they don't dock aid the number of times i pester them but i figured it was just a one-time follow-up on that email back in feb so should be fineReceived the accepted student day email today but still no jelly beans package - anybunny else receive it yet?
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
this school has been one of the worst in terms of communication and fulfilling their estimated timelines. i wonder why thats the case. anybody have any insight?
spiritcat13
Full Member
Do we know if II's are still being sent? I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see a response.
I also want to try this Easter thing: MCAT, interview, LOL
I also want to try this Easter thing: MCAT, interview, LOL
There was someone who said last invites were sent late Feb I believe, so likely not? hard to know for certainDo we know if II's are still being sent? I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see a response.
I also want to try this Easter thing: flowers, Easter egg hunt, LOL
Updates for y'all
In-person classes- again still up in the air, depends on state regulations for room capacity, seems unlikely at this point. Small group classes seem more and more likely, no official word but the school is pushing for clubs to return in-person activities in July.
Building- they are building new spaces for HMSOM students on the 4th floor, which will be done next winter for you guys to use.
Cost of attendance- recently approved and updated- find it here Financial Aid and Costs – Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
In-person classes- again still up in the air, depends on state regulations for room capacity, seems unlikely at this point. Small group classes seem more and more likely, no official word but the school is pushing for clubs to return in-person activities in July.
Building- they are building new spaces for HMSOM students on the 4th floor, which will be done next winter for you guys to use.
Cost of attendance- recently approved and updated- find it here Financial Aid and Costs – Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
Doesn't get any better when you get here. Just wait till ur waiting a month for grades.this school has been one of the worst in terms of communication and fulfilling their estimated timelines. i wonder why thats the case. anybody have any insight?
Already had this experience in undergrad. Kinda readyDoesn't get any better when you get here. Just wait till ur waiting a month for grades.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Wow congrats! Are you from out of state? Interview date please?Received the accepted student day email today but still no financial aid package - anyone else receive it yet?
oh a while ago II: 11/17 and accepted: 12/22; in-state - just following up re: pending financial aid infoWow congrats! Are you from out of state? Interview date please?
Did anyone here who interviewed in February hear back from this school with an A or an R?
I saw someone did a few weeks after her interview, but I haven’t. Tbh last year they were giving out A’s well into May so I feel like no news is good news?? lolDid anyone here who interviewed in February hear back from this school with an A or an R?
Medical school journey1
Full Member
Wow congrats! Are you from out of state? Interview date please?
Great! Thank you 😊oh a while ago II: 11/17 and accepted: 12/22; in-state - just following up re: pending financial aid info