2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is unusual though that people who interviewed on later dates already heard back with their acceptances.
yep that's the part that worries me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any MD/PhD applicants already interview / get accepted? Interviewing in 2 weeks but wondering how far along they are.

Interview Invite this morning! OOS with no ties, LM 69.5, ORM, Complete 7/24

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Goddamnit, and here I am complete 9/14 and radio silence.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed/accepted (first off congrats!), was the interview closed or open file? And did you send thank you letters? It seems that they don't make the contact info of your interviewers available to you so I'm wondering if those who were accepted did some digging to send thank you letters or not

Open file

Yes I did, I sent them to the interview coordinator who forwarded them to the interviewers! I didn't do any digging.

Last edited:
  • Care
Quick Question-- for those who got the acceptance email they asked us to reply with an Intention to enroll. This is a non-binding offer right where you can still hold acceptances from other places? I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

\\
Did you upload it onto the portal?
I uploaded it in the portal and sent an email. Got an II a few weeks after, and they encouraged more updates if you have them

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back about your status after interview?

Reactions: 1 users
maybe applying early september was still too late for this cycle, or hopefully my time still comes. but my own damn undergrad really ghosting me rn big time hurts

maybe applying early september was still too late for this cycle, or hopefully my time still comes. but my own damn undergrad really ghosting me rn big time hurts

Literally how I feel :/ stony's my undergrad and grad institution so not hearing back HURTS

• Sad
II just now, complete 7/25, LM 77

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
For those who have interviewed already - how was the structure? Were the interviews open or closed file?

For those who have interviewed already - how was the structure? Were the interviews open or closed file?
Open file, one student, one admissions person. Both were super friendly and conversational

II :)
In-state, complete 8/5

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also, I understand that SBU doesn't release interview times until the week of, but does anyone know how long the interview takes approximately? Need to schedule for PTO :/

Also, I understand that SBU doesn't release interview times until the week of, but does anyone know how long the interview takes approximately? Need to schedule for PTO :/
I think it depends what time each of your interviews are scheduled for. Mine got scheduled back to back for two consecutive hours. So it seems like each interview will last less than an hour, but I suppose the length of your day will depend the times at which each of your interviewers are available.

Yeah mine were more spread out, so it was like 9-11, and then 2-3

I think it depends what time each of your interviews are scheduled for. Mine got scheduled back to back for two consecutive hours. So it seems like each interview will last less than an hour, but I suppose the length of your day will depend the times at which each of your interviewers are available.

So it's two one-hour long interview??

So it's two one-hour long interview??
I haven’t had mine yet, so I don’t know if they last a full hour each, but definitely no longer than an hour each, as mine are scheduled for 10 and 11am. Sorry I can’t be more specific!

Kind of a dumb question but I'm trying to add stony for my fafsa and the only school coming up is SUNY at Stony Brook which seems like the undergrad institution...does anyone know if this is what we select? Or does the school of medicine have a separate school code (that i cannot find)
SUNY at Stony Brook is the official name of Stony Brook

II today, complete mid-Sept, LM 74 (high mcat/OK gpa)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten an acceptance yet? If so, how long was the turnover time since your interview? Thanks xx