2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who interviewed/accepted (first off congrats!), was the interview closed or open file? And did you send thank you letters? It seems that they don't make the contact info of your interviewers available to you so I'm wondering if those who were accepted did some digging to send thank you letters or not

Open file

Yes I did, I sent them to the interview coordinator who forwarded them to the interviewers! I didn't do any digging.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick Question-- for those who got the acceptance email they asked us to reply with an Intention to enroll. This is a non-binding offer right where you can still hold acceptances from other places? I just wanted to make sure, thanks!
 
maybe applying early september was still too late for this cycle, or hopefully my time still comes. but my own damn undergrad really ghosting me rn big time hurts
 
maybe applying early september was still too late for this cycle, or hopefully my time still comes. but my own damn undergrad really ghosting me rn big time hurts

Literally how I feel :/ stony's my undergrad and grad institution so not hearing back HURTS
 
For those who have interviewed already - how was the structure? Were the interviews open or closed file?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, I understand that SBU doesn't release interview times until the week of, but does anyone know how long the interview takes approximately? Need to schedule for PTO :/
 
Also, I understand that SBU doesn't release interview times until the week of, but does anyone know how long the interview takes approximately? Need to schedule for PTO :/
I think it depends what time each of your interviews are scheduled for. Mine got scheduled back to back for two consecutive hours. So it seems like each interview will last less than an hour, but I suppose the length of your day will depend the times at which each of your interviewers are available.
 
I think it depends what time each of your interviews are scheduled for. Mine got scheduled back to back for two consecutive hours. So it seems like each interview will last less than an hour, but I suppose the length of your day will depend the times at which each of your interviewers are available.

So it's two one-hour long interview??
 
Kind of a dumb question but I'm trying to add stony for my fafsa and the only school coming up is SUNY at Stony Brook which seems like the undergrad institution...does anyone know if this is what we select? Or does the school of medicine have a separate school code (that i cannot find)
SUNY at Stony Brook is the official name of Stony Brook
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad