2020-2021 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to hop on here and say to those still waiting for an interview, don't give up hope. I interviewed today after getting an invite last week (completed 7/18). My interviewers thoroughly read my application and were very conversational. If you think think you have a good application and have some type of upward trend in GPA or MCAT, they definitely notice that and talk about it. Don't give up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Pre match! Interviewed 10/15

Reactions: 3 users
Is there an admitted students group for this school yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the EnMed tuition is the same as the normal medical school tuition? Or is it more with the dual degrees?

Does anyone know if the EnMed tuition is the same as the normal medical school tuition? Or is it more with the dual degrees?
That information was surprisingly hard to find!

Here's a link to the page. The cost is more for EnMed than regular MD, and more for OOS then IS.
SFAID - Cost of Attendance

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So it kind of sounds like, on average, they tend to extend a prematch/acceptance offer within three weeks of interviewing. Does that sound right?

I prematched on October 15th and filled out all of my forms (acceptance acknowledgement, student registration, core residency) on the 16th. My application portal says accepted. Is there anything else I need to do in order to confirm the acceptance? I called and couldn't get through to the admissions office, and received no reply to my email.

Last edited:
I rematched on October 15th and filled out all of my forms (acceptance acknowledgement, student registration, core residency) on the 16th. My application portal says accepted. Is there anything else I need to do in order to confirm the acceptance? I called and couldn't get through to the admissions office, and received no reply to my email.
You've done what you need to!
You still need to go through the TMDSAS Match procedure and rank Texas A&M number 1 :)

Has anyone sent any transcripts? I thought after you received an acceptance we were suppose to hear from TMDSAS to send transcripts. Just making sure Im not missing anything.

Has anyone sent any transcripts? I thought after you received an acceptance we were suppose to hear from TMDSAS to send transcripts. Just making sure Im not missing anything.
I haven't heard anything from TMDSAS after receiving my pre-match offer on October 15th either. My TMDSAS hasn't been updated to show I have a pre-match offer though so I would imagine that has to do with it. I wouldn't worry too much about it for now!

You've done what you need to!
You still need to go through the TMDSAS Match procedure and rank Texas A&M number 1 :)
If I put in my rankings now, can I change them once I have my next interview in December? Or should I just wait until all my interviews are done

If I put in my rankings now, can I change them once I have my next interview in December? Or should I just wait until all my interviews are done
You can change them lots of times or you can wait until February and rank them then

Has anyone who has interviewed tell me a little be about the atmosphere of the interview/your impressions? I would really appreciate it! Feel free to dm me if you would prefer as well, thanks so much!

Anyone know when the next interviews are scheduled? My app complete early September, LM 77, not heard anything yet...

Anyone know when the next interviews are scheduled? My app complete early September, LM 77, not heard anything yet...
They have December dates available next. All November are filled from what I saw.

So, I am very blessed to have prematched here, and I am fairly certain this is where I want to attend. As a nontrad, I am trying to figure out quitting, moving, wife finding a job, and preparing as best as I can for this enormous life change.
Now, for my inquiries:
  • When exactly is day 1? Best I can see from other years is last Monday in July? With possibly an orientation on the second to last Monday.
    • So best guess would be orientation of July 19 and first day of classes on July 26, 2021.
  • MedCamp? I have seen that many years have this feature with like a four week, free mini-camp starting early June to get a jumpstart into med school. Will this happen in 2021? Did this happen in 2020 or was it cancelled? If this is offered, I will probably do it.
I know I am probably jumping the gun and need to practice patience, but if anyone has more info on this, it will be appreciated.

Lol - I'm replying to myself, but I assume with the likes and lack of replies, no one really know the answers to my questions :)
I emailed admissions, and this was their response:

"We appreciate your interest in Texas A&M College of Medicine.

· Orientation – July 19-23, 2021. Orientation is managed by the Office of Student Affairs and the staff person that directs orientation is Rachel Hohlt, her email is [email protected].

· First day of class – July 26, 2021.

· MedCamp – This three-week pre-matriculation program usually starts the second week of June but we are unaware if the date has been set. MedCamp was hosted virtually this past summer and the likelihood that we will host it this way again is very high. The program is directed by Dr. Angie Hairrell, her email is [email protected]."

Reactions: 8 users
II for EnMed today for December 7! Complete mid-September and 68LM. I'm freakin excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Also got an II for EnMed! Super excited. Complete late October (but submitted EnMed app in November), OOS. Keep your head up, fellow later applicants—I’m rooting for you!!

Reactions: 4 users
Lol - I'm replying to myself, but I assume with the likes and lack of replies, no one really know the answers to my questions :)
I emailed admissions, and this was their response:

"We appreciate your interest in Texas A&M College of Medicine.

· Orientation – July 19-23, 2021. Orientation is managed by the Office of Student Affairs and the staff person that directs orientation is Rachel Hohlt, her email is [email protected].

· First day of class – July 26, 2021.

· MedCamp – This three-week pre-matriculation program usually starts the second week of June but we are unaware if the date has been set. MedCamp was hosted virtually this past summer and the likelihood that we will host it this way again is very high. The program is directed by Dr. Angie Hairrell, her email is [email protected]."
Thanks for this. I was wondering about MedCamp as well.

II earlier today! Set for early December Complete July LM 70

Reactions: 3 users
Sooooo.... I got my interviewers today & I have 3 and not 2 interviewers.. I didnt apply EnMed or any other special program, only MD. Did anyone else get the same as well? Wondering if I should email/call them to see if it was a mistake cause I know MD applicants only get 2.

Edit: Nvm got it resolved :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Sooooo.... I got my interviewers today & I have 3 and not 2 interviewers.. I didnt apply EnMed or any other special program, only MD. Did anyone else get the same as well? Wondering if I should email/call them to see if it was a mistake cause I know MD applicants only get 2.
are you an engineering major?

Talk to whoever they assign you!

Edit: Nvm got it resolved :)
Are you interviewing this Thursday? I am scheduled to but have not received any information about my interviewers or interview day, and I am wondering if I need to email them. They mentioned they would send information the Monday of as well. Thanks in advance!

Are you interviewing this Thursday? I am scheduled to but have not received any information about my interviewers or interview day, and I am wondering if I need to email them. They mentioned they would send information the Monday of as well. Thanks in advance!
Yea I am lol. I would email them about your interview email cause it was supposed to be sent already! I just got mine after my SPE today. Did you do the SPE? They send the interview emails after you do your SPE I think

Yea I am lol. I would email them about your interview email cause it was supposed to be sent already! I just got mine after my SPE today. Did you do the SPE? They send the interview emails after you do your SPE I think
I did mine yesterday! Thank you for letting me know—I’ll send an email then

What are y'alls thoughts on the Temple campus going away from Texas A&M? Is this going to affect your decision making when deciding on whether to attend A&M or not?

What are y'alls thoughts on the Temple campus going away from Texas A&M? Is this going to affect your decision making when deciding on whether to attend A&M or not?

Wait so the temple campus is splitting from TAMU? Also, does anyone know what’s going on with the Round Rock campus?

Did they tell you this during an interview day? Their web page is soooo out of date it still lists Round Rock as a campus, and it isn't any more.

Did they tell you this during an interview day? Their web page is soooo out of date it still lists Round Rock as a campus, and it isn't any more.

Just saw this article: Baylor COM will be taking over the Temple campus to make it their own regional campus. Texas A&M will be investing more in Dallas campus

Wait so the temple campus is splitting from TAMU? Also, does anyone know what’s going on with the Round Rock campus?
BCM will be staring a regional medical school in Temple and that will be BCM's primary clinical site and no longer Texas A&M's. A&M students can still use Temple for electives, but it will no longer be a main campus site for students. The email says that A&M will be expanding in Dallas.

So they will only have the Bryan, Dallas, and Houston regional campuses if I understand correctly?

I was quite disappointed at the news. Temple seemed like the perfect fit me and I was excited to go there. I still plan on attending over my other acceptances and will likely go to Dallas, where my family is, but I could also see myself staying in BCS.

This was A&M's original clinical campus dating back to the school's inception. Even though A&M is planning to expand in Dallas, this still feels like a massive blow for A&M. Am I missing some perspective?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users