2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also just got my first A (here)! Interviewed 2/16

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am soooo excited for all of you who got the A today! It's been a long wait for all of us and am just very glad to hear some of you got in :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to all those who go the A and especially exciting those who got their first A!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted!!!!! My one and only A in this cycle so far....

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Has anyone found Facebook page for incoming class of 2025 UTCOM? Now I need to work on finding roommate haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, but has Toledo always done MMIs in the past or is this their first year doing interviews this way? On the interview feedback page, almost everyone said their interview was open file, and I've never heard of an open file MMI.

Just curious, but has Toledo always done MMIs in the past or is this their first year doing interviews this way? On the interview feedback page, almost everyone said their interview was open file, and I've never heard of an open file MMI.
They've always done MMI, but idk whether the open-file thing is new or not

Did they give any more II or R this past week? Certainly they have a couple lo the of offering interviews still to come.

Actually one of my older friends gra
A friend of mine who attended med school there told me that they used to do traditional iis and he interviewed in 2014. So they have changed it since around that time to mmi.

Actually one of my older friends gra

A friend of mine who attended med school there told me that they used to do traditional iis and he interviewed in 2014. So they have changed it since around that time to mmi.

Weird, I thought they'd been doing them longer. I've had people warn me about them, lol

I have a friend who matriculated in 2016 and they did them then. So it has been at least 5 years or more that they've been doing MMI.

"Updates and additional documents for your application are not required at this time unless we specifically request them. However, if you have any updates that you feel you would like to share with the admissions committee you may upload them in the Document Upload tab in your application portal. (Please note that interviews are closed file, so interviewers will not see these updates.)"

Has anyone found Facebook page for incoming class of 2025 UTCOM? Now I need to work on finding roommate haha
I think they have done MMI in the past as well. It is a closed file interview ( they specifically told us that during the interview)/. I know few people are M1 and M3 they also had MMI.

I think I will be hearing back from this possibly this week. Please manifest good vibes for me.....

Reactions: 3 users
Did they give any more II or R this past week? Certainly they have a couple lo the of offering interviews still to come.

This thread only contains a small amount of the total applicant pool. I think there is a high possibility more decisions have been sent that we just don‘t know about. I remember someone saying they are interviewing till May as well.

I don’t know how they could interview open file with their current MMI format. I didn’t get the impression that any of my interviewers knew my story beforehand either.

Sorry if this has already been asked. I couldn’t find the below info in the ii invite email. How many mmi stations are in the 2 hr interview and how much time is there for prep and response respectively?

Also, I know this could vary from person to person, but were the stations interactive where the interviewer would ask several questions about the stations topic? Or do you just have to speak continuously about the topic for a certain period of time? Also were there any role playing situations? Or just a combination of all of the above?

thanks

MMI is closed file. I think there were 8 stations and each is 3 minutes to read the prompt (although you are able to hop on earlier) and then it was 6-8 minutes to respond with a 5 minute break between each session. You do not need to talk continuously as they have a few probing questions. You may find that some sessions will end a little earlier, which is okay because it is better to concisely make your points than ramble on. There are no actor scenarios, just discussion-based scenarios. I thought the interview was really enjoyable because I was able to relate each prompt to a topic I was passionate about although some prompts were more obscure than others. You are allowed to have paper so my advice would be to use the 3 mins to map out your response, which helped me stay on topic.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone from 02/19 hear yet? based on past threads it seems like they release decisions on any day of the work week

anyone from 02/19 hear yet? based on past threads it seems like they release decisions on any day of the work week
Also interviewed 02/19, waiting just like you...and kinda freaking out in the meantime...I think I really need to get off this page lol

Does anyone know if decisions are by phone call or email?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Also interviewed 02/19, waiting just like you...and kinda freaking out in the meantime...I think I really need to get off this page lol

Does anyone know if decisions are by phone call or email?

Email

Congrats!! When did you interview?
I interviewed on 2/16, and I got the A through email!
Interviewed 2/12 and haven't heard anything. Am I waitlisted lol
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. During my interview day, the admissions team said that they were sending the files from my interview day and the previous interview days out for review the following Friday. And they wouldn't necessarily review those files in chronological order. So keep up the hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 2/12 and haven't heard anything. Am I waitlisted lol
Just to add to the other response, in past years not everyone heard back the same time who interviewed the same day. Some people heard back weeks apart from people on the same interview day and they were accepted. They may just send apps to different groups of people and maybe some raters take longer to send their responses back. Keep your head up until you hear!

Just to add to the other response, in past years not everyone heard back the same time who interviewed the same day. Some people heard back weeks apart from people on the same interview day and they were accepted. They may just send apps to different groups of people and maybe some raters take longer to send their responses back. Keep your head up until you hear!
This same sentiment was shared by Toledo on interview day. They that that the earliest we may hear back is in a few weeks, but it may take more than that!

7 Acceptances. wow !!!! congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! It has been a fruitful cycle thus far and is much appreciated after not receiving a single II last cycle. I have one more big one coming up in two weeks and after that I will probably be done!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah so they send out your apps to a bunch of different faculty who are chosen to sit on the adcom that cycle - the faster the faculty member, the sooner you get your decision.