2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone who applied to the MSTP program heard back post-interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Is Tufts still sending out II? Or r they only rolling out rejections at this point

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is Tufts still sending out II? Or r they only rolling out rejections at this point
wondering same thing. I think they're interviewing for a few more weeks so maybe theres a slight chance if we haven't gotten R yet at least I hope :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How does it feel like being interviewed here (Boston Track)? Would love to hear what y'all have to say. If this question has already been answered, can someone direct me to which page? Thank you!! :)

How does it feel like being interviewed here (Boston Track)? Would love to hear what y'all have to say. If this question has already been answered, can someone direct me to which page? Thank you!! :)
I interviewed back in November so my memory might be a bit foggy but both of my interviews were very friendly and conversational! Half my faculty interview was spent talking about one of my hobbies lol. Open file so I would know your application well, but other than that be yourself and try your best to relax!

• Care
I loved my interview! The day is a bit long because you go through the info sessions at the beginning then your 2 interviews in the afternoon, but its all engaging. The 2 interviews in the afternoon were my favorite! They are so personal bc they truly STUDY your application, all aspects of it. I've had many open file interviews, but this one was definitely like they knew me to a T, like all aspects of me as a person it was a bit scary lol (good scary, very touching). With that being said, its serves you well to really know all the ins and outs of your application.

• Care
I interviewed back in November so my memory might be a bit foggy but both of my interviews were very friendly and conversational! Half my faculty interview was spent talking about one of my hobbies lol. Open file so I would know your application well, but other than that be yourself and try your best to relax!
I loved my interview! The day is a bit long because you go through the info sessions at the beginning then your 2 interviews in the afternoon, but its all engaging. The 2 interviews in the afternoon were my favorite! They are so personal bc they truly STUDY your application, all aspects of it. I've had many open file interviews, but this one was definitely like they knew me to a T, like all aspects of me as a person it was a bit scary lol (good scary, very touching). With that being said, its serves you well to really know all the ins and outs of your application.
Thank you so much for this insight @pineapple21 @singingMDtobe ! I feel excited about my interview on Monday :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I am taking a day to drive up to boston and see what the area is like, any reccs on where to go/what to see?

I am taking a day to drive up to boston and see what the area is like, any reccs on where to go/what to see?

Due to the pandemic, most public places have limited opening, however I would recommend the following place:
1. Downtown area:
- Tufts medical campus is 2 minutes away from here.
- Also houses the Boston Common garden, and the state house.

2. Copley square:
-Prudential malls: where the designer stores are + Apple,
-Boston Public Main Library.

3. Fenway areas: where BU and colleges are located.

4. There are multiple museum, however they might be temporary closed.

SINCE YOU ARE DRIVING, YOU WILL NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO PARK YOUR CAR. THIS IS AN ISSUE IN BOSTON IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF A PARTICULAR NEIGHBORHOOD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R for Boston just now. Complete mid July. Both immensely sad but thankful they let me out of waiting purgatory.

Best of luck to everyone here :)

• Care
Cue "Yesterday" by the Beatles. Pre-II R....lived in Boston for the past 5 years. Was really hoping on staying...but guess this is my cue to leave.
1615918135058.png

Kidding, this has been fun though. Wishing the rest of you the best of luck!

Edit: Complete 10/27, LM 69

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
pre II R finally, surprised they kept me around this long. congrats to everyone who got A's!!!

• Care
+1 Pre-II R, complete end of August. Felt like this was months overdue hahahaha (tears). Big congrats to all who've been accepted (to Tufts or elsewhere), and I wish the absolute best of skill and luck to all of us patiently still chasing the dream! Cheers, future docs :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also Pre-II R while riding the R train in NYC today. I blame my commute. I should probably move somewhere along the A line.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone get positive news after being deferred? Anyone want to give the people hope 😀

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else not received that Pre-II R yet? I'm holding on to hope that I might get a last-minute II for Boston!

Did I hallucinate that they said 3/3 interviews would hear back by 3/20

Are we thinking those deferred for Maine track post II will almost certainly turn into WL or R at this point?

Are we thinking those deferred for Maine track post II will almost certainly turn into WL or R at this point?
Tbh my theory is that they have probably extended all 40 of their offers at this point but as people turn down spots in the coming weeks they'll start sending out more As

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know if the MD/MPH program is full? got wrapped up with life and forgot to apply after I was accepted but planning to do so this week and want to know if I still have a shot.

Have any deferred Maine Trackers submitted update letters? I'm wondering if I should submit mine under "additional documents" in the Tufts application portal, or if I should email it directly to the Maine Track admissions committee. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey guys, does anyone know whether tufts offers any sort of merit-based scholarships or extra financial aid if we would like to come to Tufts but the financial aspect is holding us back? My current top choice will only cost me 20k in tuition (yearly) and it's in a low-ish COL area so it would be 200-300k cheaper than Tufts all in.

Debating whether or not it's even worth it at this point to submit all of my (and my parents') financial documents to get the financial aid package since their income will exclude me from any need-based aid. I realize I am also behind their "priority" fin aid deadline (whatever that means) since I thought I had submitted everything but there were a couple forms I forgot.

Withdrew my acceptance from the Boston Track, I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 5 users