2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?
I received mine but only because I had emailed the financial aid office to ask if I can receive my award letter before April 15th since aid is important/will help me decide where to withdraw from by the 15ht/30th deadlines. They were really nice and said they hope to send out most packages by April 15th
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are we thinking we will see any deferred decisions turn into actual waitlists/Rs before the April 15th deadline? Or are we truly waiting until the very end of April?
 
So are we thinking we will see any deferred decisions turn into actual waitlists/Rs before the April 15th deadline? Or are we truly waiting until the very end of April?
I think it probably depends on when financial aid come out, I imagine a lot of people are trying to narrow down their lists, but financial aid is a huge factor, so it's also putting things on hold for every other part because they're not sure how many more acceptance to offer etc
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, does anyone know whether tufts offers any sort of merit-based scholarships or extra financial aid if we would like to come to Tufts but the financial aspect is holding us back? My current top choice will only cost me 20k in tuition (yearly) and it's in a low-ish COL area so it would be 200-300k cheaper than Tufts all in.

Debating whether or not it's even worth it at this point to submit all of my (and my parents') financial documents to get the financial aid package since their income will exclude me from any need-based aid. I realize I am also behind their "priority" fin aid deadline (whatever that means) since I thought I had submitted everything but there were a couple forms I forgot.
They do not offer merit based. Only need based from what I know
 
Same. Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist?
Well just going by these posts, it seems like a lot? However, I have heard that deferrals convert to either WL or R at this time. Secondly, last years stats show that they interviewed ~840 and accepted 500 people by the end of the cycle for the entire class. And Dean Neumeyer said in our interview that they aren’t interviewing more people than usual this year. The number of interviews are roughly the same
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well just going by these posts, it seems like a lot? However, I have heard that deferrals convert to either WL or R at this time. Secondly, last years stats show that they interviewed ~840 and accepted 500 people by the end of the cycle for the entire class. And Dean Neumeyer said in our interview that they aren’t interviewing more people than usual this year. The number of interviews are roughly the same
That’s literally my thought process. Seems positive but I do want to err on the side of caution. I’m assuming by April 30th we would have a better idea of how things will look like for the rest of us
 
Just received the WL offer for Maine track. Interviewed 12/4, deferred 1/6. Praying this turns into an A so I don’t have to move across the country for my other A 😭
 
Does anyone know the kind of WL movement tufts gets? I know atleast on MSAR they don't display their actual numbers like some schools.
 
Did Tufts really only interview 167 out-of-state students in 2020? Just 1.4%? That's what MSAR says but I find it hard to believe...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad