2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when they will start putting people on a waitlist? Or is a deferred list the same as a waitlist at tufts?

Does anyone know when they will start putting people on a waitlist? Or is a deferred list the same as a waitlist at tufts?
should be around end of april where defer -> R or defer -> WL decisions happen. after that, we hope that the bigly chads will drop tufts A for the movement

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?
I received mine but only because I had emailed the financial aid office to ask if I can receive my award letter before April 15th since aid is important/will help me decide where to withdraw from by the 15ht/30th deadlines. They were really nice and said they hope to send out most packages by April 15th

Reactions: 1 users
So are we thinking we will see any deferred decisions turn into actual waitlists/Rs before the April 15th deadline? Or are we truly waiting until the very end of April?

So are we thinking we will see any deferred decisions turn into actual waitlists/Rs before the April 15th deadline? Or are we truly waiting until the very end of April?
I think it probably depends on when financial aid come out, I imagine a lot of people are trying to narrow down their lists, but financial aid is a huge factor, so it's also putting things on hold for every other part because they're not sure how many more acceptance to offer etc

Just received FA offer, not the most generous but got a small grant that makes Tufts just slightly more expensive than my state school. Better than all loans, which I was expecting!
Did you email them about it or it just came to you. Thanks.

Anyone know how to withdraw? is it somewhere on the portal or do we need to email someone?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got placed on the waitlist! I interviewed in January and was deferred in February.

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on the waitlist via email, interviewed in September and was deferred in October.

Hey guys, does anyone know whether tufts offers any sort of merit-based scholarships or extra financial aid if we would like to come to Tufts but the financial aspect is holding us back? My current top choice will only cost me 20k in tuition (yearly) and it's in a low-ish COL area so it would be 200-300k cheaper than Tufts all in.

Debating whether or not it's even worth it at this point to submit all of my (and my parents') financial documents to get the financial aid package since their income will exclude me from any need-based aid. I realize I am also behind their "priority" fin aid deadline (whatever that means) since I thought I had submitted everything but there were a couple forms I forgot.
They do not offer merit based. Only need based from what I know

Just got a waitlist offer for Maine Track. Interviewed in January, Deferred in March

Same. Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist?
Well just going by these posts, it seems like a lot? However, I have heard that deferrals convert to either WL or R at this time. Secondly, last years stats show that they interviewed ~840 and accepted 500 people by the end of the cycle for the entire class. And Dean Neumeyer said in our interview that they aren’t interviewing more people than usual this year. The number of interviews are roughly the same

Well just going by these posts, it seems like a lot? However, I have heard that deferrals convert to either WL or R at this time. Secondly, last years stats show that they interviewed ~840 and accepted 500 people by the end of the cycle for the entire class. And Dean Neumeyer said in our interview that they aren’t interviewing more people than usual this year. The number of interviews are roughly the same
That’s literally my thought process. Seems positive but I do want to err on the side of caution. I’m assuming by April 30th we would have a better idea of how things will look like for the rest of us

Just received the WL offer for Maine track. Interviewed 12/4, deferred 1/6. Praying this turns into an A so I don’t have to move across the country for my other A 😭

ii maine track in october -> deferred -> rejected today

• Care
Anyone get deferred —-> Accepted today?

Does anyone know the kind of WL movement tufts gets? I know atleast on MSAR they don't display their actual numbers like some schools.

Did Tufts really only interview 167 out-of-state students in 2020? Just 1.4%? That's what MSAR says but I find it hard to believe...

Just withdrew my A for the Boston track--hope it goes to one of you guys!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also withdrew my A for the Boston track. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone. I am a M1 at Tufts! Feel free to ask me things related to courses. I will try to answer other things or maybe lead you to the right direction. I am in the Boston track who lives off campus.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone. I am a M1 at Tufts! Feel free to ask me things related to courses. I will try to answer other things or maybe lead you to the right direction. I am in the Boston track who lives off campus.
Any insight/anecdotes on typical WL movement here?