Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh man how do you know they accepted 150?But haven’t they already accepted 150 and the class is 118 🙃 I’m just trying not to get my hopes up at this point. I hope your right tho!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oh man how do you know they accepted 150?But haven’t they already accepted 150 and the class is 118 🙃 I’m just trying not to get my hopes up at this point. I hope your right tho!
The AAMC traffic rules dictate that all schools must accept enough students to fill their incoming classes by March 15. This doesn't mean schools need to release all acceptances, only enough to fill their classes. A large fraction of those accepted before March 15 hold multiple acceptances and will choose other schools.I read online that schools need to accept their entire class by March 15th? Unless I misinterpreted that....
so maybe we will hear back this week?
DGSOM's class is typically 160-180 students and historically has accepted 300-320 people. There are definitely more As to go out, but I agree that you shouldn't get your hopes up. It helps the mental to assume an R rather than the possibility of an ABut haven’t they already accepted 150 and the class is 118 🙃 I’m just trying not to get my hopes up at this point. I hope your right tho!
I thought a person friends with an MS1 sent that in earlieroh man how do you know they accepted 150?
MS1 in contact with admissions here. Roughly 190-200+I thought a person friends with an MS1 sent that in earlier
There is still hope!!!MS1 in contact with admissions here. Roughly 190-200+
So that means they will be accepting that many or that many has already been accepted??MS1 in contact with admissions here. Roughly 190-200+
Thank you for your help and insight! Have you heard if acceptances are being given out at other times and days then Thursdays like the geffens?MS1 in contact with admissions here. Roughly 190-200+
YikesYes but it's all a stats game right. So there might be 100 more spots, but it seems like they've given only a few post II R's and WL's, that means there's probably like 800 people still waiting? 1/8 does not make me so hopeful....
I don't think they interview 1000. I thought it was closer to 600 last year but I could be wrongYes but it's all a stats game right. So there might be 100 more spots, but it seems like they've given only a few post II R's and WL's, that means there's probably like 800 people still waiting? 1/8 does not make me so hopeful....
That would be upsetting 🙃Part of me wonders if the new curriculum is affecting admissions like the class of 2025 will be the first with the new curriculum of only 1 preclinical year. It’s a trial run essentially so maybe they’ll do a smaller class size because they’ll have 3 different classes doing rotations at the same time? M2, M3 and M4 will all be in clerkship years in fall 2022
Just speculation! I’m just curious and am interested how they’re gonna make adjustments with 3 classes all rotating in the hospitals and clinics. I wonder if it’s going to take away from how involved we can be with actual stuff during clerkshipThat would be upsetting 🙃
Current student here, I believe the plan is to keep the class size the same (~175 across all programs)Part of me wonders if the new curriculum is affecting admissions like the class of 2025 will be the first with the new curriculum of only 1 preclinical year. It’s a trial run essentially so maybe they’ll do a smaller class size because they’ll have 3 different classes doing rotations at the same time? M2, M3 and M4 will all be in clerkship years in fall 2022
Thank you for clarifying!Current student here, I believe the plan is to keep the class size the same (~175 across all programs)
Not a current student but it's unlikely that any institution would choose to reduce their class size because fewer students means less revenue from tuition which would throw off their whole budgetCurrent student here, I believe the plan is to keep the class size the same (~175 across all programs)
Where did you get that number? I'm going off of
and also they started interviewing so early and ended so late. My interviewing group did not seem small. I doubt it's 600.
OOF so sorry to hear that... I suppose they are moving now then...Post-II R just now 🙁
+1Post-II R just now 🙁
Np at all. I interviewed Sept. 11thMy condolences...would it be too much to ask you guys to post your Interview date?
Jan 15thMy condolences...would it be too much to ask you guys to post your Interview date?
LOLI’m so sorry guys! I hope you all get into amazing schools. Was it an email or a phone call? Sending positive vibes ur way
Oh my god that’s so traumatic. I am so sorry an email would be a much better option 🥺🥺LOL
"hi is this XYZ? I'm calling from UCLA DGSOM"
*excitement* "Yes!!! its me"
"hi we're just calling to let you know you've been rejected. bye"
nah I haven't heard back yet, but I was just demonstrating why calls would be a terrible idea 🤣Oh my god that’s so traumatic. I am so sorry an email would be a much better option 🥺🥺
I realized that after I replied 🙃🙃🙃🙃 my brain doesn’t work when I’m stressed I guess. That makes logical sense but applying to medical school doesn’t seem to make any logical sense so I feel like anything is possiblenah I haven't heard back yet, but I was just demonstrating why calls would be a terrible idea 🤣
no school rejects people by phone 😛 would just be a waste of both parties' time and energy
Wait, these Rs are trickling in? Or are the people posting just doing so a bit afterwards? That's so mean if UCLA isn't sending it at the same time...
Is this happening rn or was this all earlier in the day?also got the post-ii R earlier today. just came onto the thread one last time to wish yall good luck! a little disappointed because i did think it was my best interview this cycle and one of my favorite schools, but still feeling thankful because i really ended up loving a different t20 school and was lucky enough to be accepted - we're all going to become great physicians wherever we end up. what may feel like the end of the world now might just turn out to be a blessing in disguise and i hope all of us end up in places that are truly the "best fit" for us 🙂
Post-II R as well. It's been fun folks, all the best to everyone on this thread 🙂
so sorry to hear this 🙁 when did you both interview?Post-II R just now 🙁
are the R's trickling in??Just caught the post-ii R as well. Interviewed 12/4. This one stings but good luck everyone.
I got mine at 2:56 PST. I was just out and didn't have a chance to check until now.are the R's trickling in??
Sorry to hear this homie. This cycle has been a **** show and the criteria has changed big time! I give you credit for giving it your all and even reaching the interview stage at schools like ucla! Some day when you’re sitting comfortably in a med school, I’m sure you’ll look back on this and be proud of yourself! Take care!Currently sitting on zero acceptances, which also doesn't help.
I didn’t get the R yet but I’m sitting at 1 waitlist and 2 post-II silences. I feel you :/To anyone else who's having a bad day after this news...same.
Currently sitting on zero acceptances, which also doesn't help.
+1I didn’t get the R yet but I’m sitting at 1 waitlist and 2 post-II silences. I feel you :/
+1 its been real everyonePost-II R just now 🙁
back in august I forget the dateMy condolences...would it be too much to ask you guys to post your Interview date?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.