-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SunshineAndRainbows
New Member
current ms1, sharing update we just got regarding admissions
“Admissions update: concluded review & accepted 164 (traditional track...30% URM), 18 (PRIME, 82% URM), 40 (MSTP, 35% URM)... Drew counts pending”
I don’t know what the final count will look like but pretty sure there will be waitlist movement to come
“Admissions update: concluded review & accepted 164 (traditional track...30% URM), 18 (PRIME, 82% URM), 40 (MSTP, 35% URM)... Drew counts pending”
I don’t know what the final count will look like but pretty sure there will be waitlist movement to come
I have as well and still haven't heard anything post-IIFwiw I've had a UID in my portal since my interview in Sep
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Happy Thursday!
I am just confused because if they accepted 222 and normally accept 310 (including WL), that is still 88 spots. And they normally accept 50 off of the WL. But I guess it is just out of control now and we have to just hope the WL gods work in our favorLooks like it's around 240 spots not including Drew, so we pretty much done here boys and girls. Most likely they'll drag out the rest until they get the numbers they want.
medstressed
Full Member
Im so sorry for the stupid question but what’s URMcurrent ms1, sharing update we just got regarding admissions
“Admissions update: concluded review & accepted 164 (traditional track...30% URM), 18 (PRIME, 82% URM), 40 (MSTP, 35% URM)... Drew counts pending”
I don’t know what the final count will look like but pretty sure there will be waitlist movement to come
Not a stupid question. 😊 It stands for Underrepresented Minority.Im so sorry for the stupid question but what’s URM
That's a good point. I wonder how many people are still waiting for a post interview decision, and how massive that post interview rejection wave was.I guess I'm not going off of previous years because this one is off. But of course there's still a chance, and I guess if you don't have any As you have to hold on to it. But statistically, it's just low because there are still so many people in limbo post II that the rates are most likely low now.
I just want to know if I'm WL'd or R'd lol
medstressed
Full Member
Thank you! ☺️☺️Not a stupid question. 😊 It stands for Underrepresented Minority.
medstressed
Full Member
Thank you!! I appreciate it 😊More often it means underrepresented in medicine.
So there are 100 more spots that will likely open up once people start making decisions?
The 222 doesn't include Drew so I'd guess their total is more like 240-250. All depends on how many decline their acceptances this year but if this cycle remains similar to previous ones then it'd be another 50-60 admits off the waitlist to hit that 300-310 admitted overall
CastIronKing
Full Member
On MSAR it says there are estimated to be 175 new entrants at DGSOM. So maybe there will be 11 acceptances today?? 🙏🙏
Holding out hope until the bitter end, lol
Holding out hope until the bitter end, lol
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Also there is a lot of waitlist movement at DGSOM!
I don’t know what to think. The admissions and interviewers were telling me that I’d surely get accepted and that they are excited to see me next fall. It looks like they did this to a lot of people though.
And everyone on this forum seems set that the cycle is over
And everyone on this forum seems set that the cycle is over
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
One of mine said that as well. Also, the cycle is not over until May.I don’t know what to think. The admissions and interviewers were telling me that I’d surely get accepted and that they are excited to see me next fall. It looks like they did this to a lot of people though.
And everyone on this forum seems set that the cycle is over
D
deleted1087877
+1 🥴I don’t know what to think. The admissions and interviewers were telling me that I’d surely get accepted and that they are excited to see me next fall. It looks like they did this to a lot of people though.
And everyone on this forum seems set that the cycle is over
onions_w_salt
Full Member
Thank you for sharing this. For me, this gives me some relief, as I now will be expecting a WL/R. Good luck to everyone, gonna take a break from this thread until I hear directly from DGSOM (which may be till June lawl).current ms1, sharing update we just got regarding admissions
“Admissions update: concluded review & accepted 164 (traditional track...30% URM), 18 (PRIME, 82% URM), 40 (MSTP, 35% URM)... Drew counts pending”
I don’t know what the final count will look like but pretty sure there will be waitlist movement to come
Me too but my stats suck so I think they were just being nice to me haha+1 🥴
On MSAR it says there are estimated to be 175 new entrants at DGSOM. So maybe there will be 11 acceptances today?? 🙏🙏
Holding out hope until the bitter end, lol
pretty sure 175 is the total entering for all UCLA programs combined
The cycle's not over yet! I think there is decent WL movement, but the 175 includes MD/PhD, Drew, and PRIME students as well so it's hard to really estimate.On MSAR it says there are estimated to be 175 new entrants at DGSOM. So maybe there will be 11 acceptances today?? 🙏🙏
Holding out hope until the bitter end, lol
SunshineAndRainbows
New Member
I don’t know this for sure so take this with a grain of salt, but there were some rumors that they overenrolled last year and there were more people who deferred than usual due to COVID, so there could be some spots reserved for people who were actually admitted last cycle? Again this is just speculationOn MSAR it says there are estimated to be 175 new entrants at DGSOM. So maybe there will be 11 acceptances today?? 🙏🙏
Holding out hope until the bitter end, lol
It's actually ~200 including MSTPThe cycle's not over yet! I think there is decent WL movement, but the 175 includes MD/PhD, Drew, and PRIME students as well so it's hard to really estimate.
It only says about 2-4 deffered on MSARI don’t know this for sure so take this with a grain of salt, but there were some rumors that they overenrolled last year and there were more people who deferred than usual due to COVID, so there could be some spots reserved for people who were actually admitted last cycle? Again this is just speculation
D
deleted1087877
can someone post a screenshot of the msar
takemercyonme
Full Member
can someone post a screenshot of the msar
This is incorrect according to MSAR. Closer to 175 than 200It's actually ~200 including MSTP
CastIronKing
Full Member
Yup, I heard this too. I'm suddenly not feeling special any moreI don’t know what to think. The admissions and interviewers were telling me that I’d surely get accepted and that they are excited to see me next fall. It looks like they did this to a lot of people though.
And everyone on this forum seems set that the cycle is over
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Did they send out Rs before the WL too like this year? Or both?So based on last year's thread, Feb 19 they sent out a fair amount of WLs (some of which included wording along the lines of "you're at the top of our list" and some didn't...guess who got accepted off the waitlist lol) and then on Feb 24 they sent out many post II Rs. Imo, I think since those WLs haven't come out they're still deliberating (or maybe they'll send it out today?)
Yup, I heard this too. I'm suddenly not feeling special any m
They did send Rs before WL I thinkDid they send out Rs before the WL too like this year? Or both?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year Rs were reported on 2 dates (2/12 and 2/24)
Edit: also the cycle before that Rs were only reported on SDN on one date (3/4). Some WL also came out that day
Edit: also the cycle before that Rs were only reported on SDN on one date (3/4). Some WL also came out that day
I think we have Rs reported on two days so far
D
deleted1087877
So it could be that the rest of us are WL
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Welp I was hoping for an A now I am hoping for a "top of the waitlist" lmao
Yes, 1/7 and 3/9. I am thinking Rs were all sent out but staying cautious since this is all just from my calculations hahaI think we have Rs reported on two days so far
HAHA, same! Maybe they’ll let us know today? Is that too hopeful lolWelp I was hoping for an A now I am hoping for a "top of the waitlist" lmao
studentloans4ever
Full Member
Aren't there too many of us to get waitlisted? How many do they usually send out?Yes, 1/7 and 3/9. I am thinking Rs were all sent out but staying cautious since this is all just from my calculations haha
MSAR said 150 WL spots. I'm not sure if that also accounts for the few who would turn down the spot/aren't interested by then. Also I think SDN reporting of Rs is a very small portion of people, aside from that I do think more are likely to report As over RsAren't there too many of us to get waitlisted? How many do they usually send out?
studentloans4ever
Full Member
That's a really good point. Well, fingers crossed we hear back about WLs then! Let's hope adcom keeps up the Thursday momentumMSAR said 150 WL spots. I'm not sure if that also accounts for the few who would turn down the spot/aren't interested by then. Also I think SDN reporting of Rs is a very small portion of people, aside from that I do think more are likely to report As over Rs
planariaparty
New Member
I still haven't heard anything from the financial aid office, Geffen or otherwise :\Has anyone heard anything about scholarships since this past weekend?
medstressed
Full Member
I feel thatwondering if anything will go out today-waitlist or rejections....clearly im a bit anxious
medstressed
Full Member
Anyone hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
runandmed1
Full Member
+1 does this mean all the geffens have been given out?
Ah, another case of the Thursday angries for me