You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
medstressed
Full Member
Ugh welp praying we r at the top! I like this squad. We r all pretty cool DGSOM would be missing outI think theres a good chance we are all waitlisted, and they are in the process of determining who is at the "top."
Prayers!Ugh welp praying we r at the top! I like this squad. We r all pretty cool DGSOM would be missing out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1076167
What did they mess up with the curriculum transition?I don't know y'all, before all this UCLA was high on my list. But it's admin has had so many eff ups from admissions treatment to curriculum transition eff ups that it's making me see how it treats its potential future students.
If we had an early interview and dodged both the R waves to this point but have not heard anything I wonder what is awaiting us at the end
I LOOK ONCE MORE JUST AROUND THE RIVERBEND!!!
Is all my dreaming at an end.....?
Or do you still wait for me, UCLA? ... Just around the river---- beeeeeennnddd
I LOOK ONCE MORE JUST AROUND THE RIVERBEND!!!
Is all my dreaming at an end.....?
Or do you still wait for me, UCLA? ... Just around the river---- beeeeeennnddd
I haven't received anythingHas anyone else been accepted but not received their finaid offer? I'm not sure if they just forgot me
Has anyone else been accepted but not received their finaid offer? I'm not sure if they just forgot me
+1I haven't received anything
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Anyone have any idea when the WL email is going to go out
Traveller398
Full Member
I actually emailed the admissions two weeks ago and they responded last week that they're still "fine combing" through interviewees and that more decisions should be released in the "next few weeks" ...
studentloans4ever
Full Member
I guess an LOI at this point would be pointless then? Until we officially hear back about a waitlist position (if it does actually end up as a WL and not an R)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
The plot thickens...So admissions just emailed me back and send they have not finalized their class yet and are still releasing acceptances. Which conflicts with what has been said on this forum
So my understanding is that the class is "filled" if 100% of people who were offered acceptance matriculated. But that never happens so more As will go out before the rest are WL. Then More As will come off waitlistSo admissions just emailed me back and send they have not finalized their class yet and are still releasing acceptances. Which conflicts with what has been said on this forum
D
deleted1087877
Where did the ppl who said initial acceptances are done get their info? My assumption was from admissions themselves 🥴 someone playin usSo admissions just emailed me back and send they have not finalized their class yet and are still releasing acceptances. Which conflicts with what has been said on this forum
Initial acceptances done =/= finalized classWhere did the ppl who said initial acceptances are done get their info? My assumption was from admissions themselves 🥴 someone playin us
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Yeah I feel like "not finalizing class" is not initial acceptance, they won't finalize the class until they are done accepting off of the waitlistInitial acceptances done =/= finalized class
I think this is a misinterpretation, they explicitly stated it’s rolling admissions in their email and they are still releasing acceptances.Yeah I feel like "not finalizing class" is not initial acceptance, they won't finalize the class until they are done accepting off of the waitlist
My question was “Also at the point, is it just waitlist or can applicants still be accepted into the entering class?” And they responded with “it is rolling admissions and there isn’t a specific date to hear back about decisions. I want to inform you we are still releasing acceptances and the class is not finalized yet”A few days ago, an MS1 said all initial acceptances had gone out. Perhaps this all turns on a distinction between initial As and WL—>As?
Last edited:
D
deleted1076167
Anyone hear back about the Geffen recently? 😔
It's been silence for me since I submitted my secondary on 10/12...I feel like this was one of the best secondaries I submitted too, so I'm still hoping to receive that II invite! 🥴 hahaAnyone hear back about the Geffen recently? 😔
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Omg... can you post exactly what it said??Just got an email saying it might take until July to hear back for a decision LOL good luck waiting everyone I know I need it
Sure. It stated “From what I have been hearing end of July may be it, but to be honest I don’t have a date”Omg... can you post exactly what it said??
they're still sending IIs so could be possible hahahah (I'm waiting too)It's been silence for me since I submitted my secondary on 10/12...I feel like this was one of the best secondaries I submitted too, so I'm still hoping to receive that II invite! 🥴 haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they're still sending IIs so could be possible hahahah (I'm waiting too)
Where did you see that they were still sending IIs? I thought they finished interviews end of July
i called the office earlier today and they said that they're meeting every week and still sending interviews, but i assume that they won't be sending very many at this pointWhere did you see that they were still sending IIs? I thought they finished interviews end of July
This was from the admissions office? I feel like in past years they at least sent WL notification to applicants instead of silence by March/April and that's really unfortunate if they mean we could have silence until July :/Sure. It stated “From what I have been hearing end of July may be it, but to be honest I don’t have a date”
D
deleted1087877
WHYJust got an email saying it might take until July to hear back for a decision LOL good luck waiting everyone I know I need it. This makes sense because I remember reading posts that people know of applicants who got accepted in June or July...
Yes. From the admissions officeThis was from the admissions office? I feel like in past years they at least sent WL notification to applicants instead of silence by March/April and that's really unfortunate if they mean we could have silence until July :/
planariaparty
New Member
I still haven't heard anything from the financial aid office 😕..I kinda thought hearing back 'soon/next few weeks' would have meant we heard back by now but I guess not?Anyone hear back about the Geffen recently? 😔
Hello again, Thursday
Thursdays are starting to feel like they're haunting me
D
deleted1039510
I have another offer that I’m really excited about but I guess I’m hanging around for UCLA on the off chance I get a geffen... which seems unlikely at this point
anyone else in the same boat? When do we just call it a day and move on
edit: still waiting for LA decision post interview
anyone else in the same boat? When do we just call it a day and move on
edit: still waiting for LA decision post interview
Hopefully sooooon!!!!
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
My guess is it will be a bit before they send more As because people are waiting on scholarships to make decisions and decline offers
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the alternate list email 🙁 . Is alternate list the same as waitlist ?