2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS secondary received!

here are the prompts @TheDataKing

During the stress of the pandemic, what was the one thing you learned about yourself? How has that affected your outlook on the role of medicine?

Are empathy and sympathy the same? Please discuss their importance in the practice of medicine.

Describe what specific opportunities/resources are offered at Wayne State University School of Medicine that you plan to utilize as a medical student, and why?

each 1000 characters
do they send seconaries to everyone?

The website says 7654 applications have been submitted. Is that completed secondaries or number of primary applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
Aight guys its mid next week and 2 weeks until they have to let EDP applicants know a decision. I have faith that IIs will be sent today *hopes this energy will magically send interviews invites*

*mentally prepares for disappointment*

Reactions: 8 users
Aight guys its mid next week and 2 weeks until they have to let EDP applicants know a decision. I have faith that IIs will be sent today *hopes this energy will magically send interviews invites*

*mentally prepares for disappointment*

PSA: there is an EDP GroupMe chat rn for anyone not in it and wanting to join.

Reactions: 1 users
Totally bananas that they haven’t sent out IIs. Especially since they want to dramatically increase the number of interviewed applicants this year!

Reactions: 1 user
Totally bananas that they haven’t sent out IIs. Especially since they want to dramatically increase the number of interviewed applicants this year!

where did you read that they want to increase the number of interviews this year?

where did you read that they want to increase the number of interviews this year?
A seminar they had back in August. The main points were:

- first invites were to be sent out in the last week of August (lol)

- first interview was scheduled for 9/2/20 (whoops)

- 1200-1500 applicants (!!) are expected to be interviewed this cycle

- still planning to utilize MMI stations (which MSU-CHM just cancelled today because of how many issues they had being virtual)

Reactions: 4 users
A seminar they had back in August. The main points were:

- first invites were to be sent out in the last week of August (lol)

- first interview was scheduled for 9/2/20 (whoops)

- 1200-1500 applicants (!!) are expected to be interviewed this cycle

- still planning to utilize MMI stations (which MSU-CHM just cancelled today because of how many issues they had being virtual)

Looks like we are right on schedule! :lol:

• Haha
I can’t wait till they bombard us with II’s :’)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized my payment for this school never went through, so my secondary. has been sitting untouched since 7/23. Is it even WORTH submitting at this point? I'm OOS and missed the 2 week deadline heavily (ON ACCIDENT, meant to submit day of receiving :/ )

I don't wanna waste however much it costs, so I'd be fine not to apply if they're a hard 2 week turn arounder. (which makes my signature a LIE now)

I just realized my payment for this school never went through, so my secondary. has been sitting untouched since 7/23. Is it even WORTH submitting at this point? I'm OOS and missed the 2 week deadline heavily (ON ACCIDENT, meant to submit day of receiving :/ )

I don't wanna waste however much it costs, so I'd be fine not to apply if they're a hard 2 week turn arounder. (which makes my signature a LIE now)

I’ve seen people apply later and still receive an II. Maybe email and explain? Nothing to lose.

I'd say submit it knowing that they haven't even sent out IIs.

I'd say submit it knowing that they haven't even sent out IIs.
Ugh, I kinda agree I just don't wanna pay if they aren't gonna seriously consider me. I took someone's advice and emailed them about my situation. I appreciate ur positivity haha

Ugh, I kinda agree I just don't wanna pay if they aren't gonna seriously consider me. I took someone's advice and emailed them about my situation. I appreciate ur positivity haha
I honestly don't think mid-september submission is late!

I honestly don't think mid-september submission is late!
It's not so much about it being LATE as it is 2 months past me receiving the secondary if that makes sense? I received the secondary on 7/23. So it has been quite some time and I know some schools (WSU included) like a two week turn around. Definitely not trying to stress anyone out about right now being late it certainly isn't. TY. :)

Should we expect only EDP folks get IIs for the next couple of weeks?

And congrats to all that do!

Should we expect only EDP folks get IIs for the next couple of weeks?

And congrats to all that do!
Considering there’s only at most two dozen EDP applicants, I would imagine they would get through them in a week or so. Hopefully general admissions IIs go out soon!

Considering there’s only at most two dozen EDP applicants, I would imagine they would get through them in a week or so. Hopefully general admissions IIs go out soon!

Oh for real? I thought there were like 50 last year.

I BET U ALL 10$ THAT TODAY IS THE DAY FOR WAYNE LOOL (SEPT 18TH)

When is the interview date? They have to let you guys know a decision in like 2 weeks lol
EDP applicant here! The MMI, current med student, and faculty interviews were all scheduled for different date/time slots, but my last one is on the 28th. Along with that, we were told we need to complete our VITAs by September 30th, which is one day before we're supposed to receive our final admission decisions... So a very interesting timeline indeed.

• Wow
EDP applicant here! The MMI, current med student, and faculty interviews were all scheduled for different date/time slots, but my last one is on the 28th. Along with that, we were told we need to complete our VITAs by September 30th, which is one day before we're supposed to receive our final admission decisions... So a very interesting timeline indeed.
wow. that's so many things to do for an "interview day"...

• Haha
wow. that's so many things to do for an "interview day"...
isn't an MMI and 2 traditional interviews normal for many schools? VITA aside at least.

Also would feel bad if everyone doing EDP have their VITAs done on the evening of September 29th? Do they have to get your decision to you BY October 1st or before October 1st?

Does any one know if they accept MCAT scores in January and February 2021 for this cycle??
I need to retake it and January or February would be ideal but by the time the score comes out I’m thinking I’ll probably need to reapply next year.

Last edited:
Does any one know if they accept MCAT scores in January and February 2021 for this cycle??
I need to retake it and January or February would be ideal but the the score comes out I’m thinking I’ll probably need to reapply next year.
Not sure if this is helpful:

I need to retake it and January or February would be ideal but by the time the score comes out I’m thinking I’ll probably need to reapply next year.

I think the last scores they accept this cycle is a 9/28 test date

Not sure if this is helpful:

I saw this but wasn’t sure if they would make exceptions. Thank you for your help!

Tracker updated 8000+ apps and 40 II (probably all EDP)

Tracker updated 8000+ apps and 40 II (probably all EDP)
ready for the first II wave to hit like a tidal wave given that they have received most of their applications by now.
Bets that first regular MD IIs will be sent on October 2nd?

Reactions: 3 users
ready for the first II wave to hit like a tidal wave given that they have received most of their applications by now.
Bets that first regular MD IIs will be sent on October 2nd?

Goodness I hope so. The anxiety is (slowly) killing me. Though I guess thats just par for the course. xD

What could possibly by their reasoning for actually wanting to interview over 1000 applicants? How do they even afford that resources-wise :oops:

What is LIE if you don't mind me asking?

• Haha
  • Love