2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to confirm, we dont have to do PTE and CTE isn't required till 6/14? Thats correct right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone have any stats about how many students match into their 1st, 2nd and so on choice residency? Or does Wayne publish this info anywhere?

Does anyone know if the clinical years are H/P/F or just P/F? If H/P/F, what percentage of students get honors in each rotation?

Does anybody know if there is still chance to get merit-based scholarship in case someone else who got one withdraw? Or the aid we have received is not gonna change?

Does anybody know if there is still chance to get merit-based scholarship in case someone else who got one withdraw? Or the aid we have received is not gonna change?
I think I saw somewhere that there may be another scholarship decisions in May?

I think I saw somewhere that there may be another scholarship decisions in May?
Yes this is true! Next batch is going out first week of May (from what I was told). Would be nice to know before we have to narrow everything down though lol

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the classes will be online or in person? How many in person sessions should we attend during the week?

Does anyone know if the classes will be online or in person? How many in person sessions should we attend during the week
They are planning on having in person classes as of now. I do not know the exact number of in person sessions, but on a guide for M1s that is posted in the Facebook group, there will be 1-2 CBL and PBL for each unit, typically at the end of the unit. There will be occasional TBL, which are interdisciplinary, but not every unit will have them. There is also anatomy lab for M1 and histology lab (I think this is done at the computer lab) for each unit as well. Lectures are not mandatory

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hey waitlisted friends, how are we feelinggggggggg :cool:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is anybody going to the coffee chat today? I kept trying to sign up but there was never an option to RSVP, but now it says that RSVP is closed....

As someone with multiple WLs with no As I feel that LOL. Last two weeks went by so slowly that I could literally feel myself aging by every second
Same here buddy, 4 WL strong😭 Hopefully we’ll see some movement in May.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’m taking solace in the fact that atleast we survived two rounds of rejections from the waitlist

Reactions: 10 users
Would any current students be willing to elaborate on the P/F/HP grading system for the pre clinical and clinical years? Maybe this was already elaborated on by a current WSU student earlier in this thread... any direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Would any current students be willing to elaborate on the P/F/HP grading system for the pre clinical and clinical years? Maybe this was already elaborated on by a current WSU student earlier in this thread... any direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
Would like to know the same info!

I don't know about clinical years, but preclinical is graded S/U. There is an option to get honors in basic sciences if you score more than 2 standard deviations above the mean for the entire segment. Pre-COVID, you could also get honors for clinical skills, CEC, and P4 (which if you got honors in all would give you comprehensive honors). I do not know if/when those courses will return to giving out honors.

I don't know about clinical years, but preclinical is graded S/U. There is an option to get honors in basic sciences if you score more than 2 standard deviations above the mean for the entire segment. Pre-COVID, you could also get honors for clinical skills, CEC, and P4 (which if you got honors in all would give you comprehensive honors). I do not know if/when those courses will return to giving out honors.
Thank you so much!

what is s/u?

Are we predicting waitlist movement from next week?

• Hmm
Just withdrew my A! Good luck y'all

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
If we are just holding the one acceptance now (Wayne) and selected commit to enroll on CYMS, is there any further communication required with the school to let them know you're going to attend and hold on to that acceptance?

If we are just holding the one acceptance now (Wayne) and selected commit to enroll on CYMS, is there any further communication required with the school to let them know you're going to attend and hold on to that acceptance?
Yes, just know if you eo CTE, you are 100% commiting to wayne and you will have to drop ur WLs (if you have)

May 1st onward.... We're in the Endgame now. *fading to dust*

Reactions: 5 users
How many people are still on the WL approximately? :unsure:

And how many seats are we estimating to open up?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if the Board of Governor's Scholarship is renewable for all 4 years of medical school? I tried emailing admissions and the financial aid office a week ago, but no reply.

Does anyone know if the Board of Governor's Scholarship is renewable for all 4 years of medical school? I tried emailing admissions and the financial aid office a week ago, but no reply.
a current student told me it is renewable for all four years

Someone want to call Wayne and ask when they’re predicting WL movement to start?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I second the Nomination. But dont As typically come on Thursdays? Or am I making that up?
I assume it will be more random from now on. Wayne’s WL moved almost right away after 4/30 last year, so I am hoping the admissions is prepping on the list of As or something 🥲

I am losing my sanity with each hourly SDN check and no waitlist movement!

Reactions: 13 users
There is no way that the movement began without us knowing right... im kinda confuzzled here

Reactions: 5 users
Starting to wonder if they over accepted before May 1st... hope that’s not the case

Reactions: 4 users
Starting to wonder if they over accepted before May 1st... hope that’s not the case
i mean, all med schools over accept (usually 2x the class size)..in fact, WSU accepted less people so far compared to last cycle (675 vs 722ish). I think the worst case scenario would be WSU having a way better yield than expected :'( i hope not though

i mean, all med schools over accept (usually 2x the class size)..in fact, WSU accepted less people so far compared to last cycle (675 vs 722ish). I think the worst case scenario would be WSU having a way better yield than expected :'( i hope not though
I’m actually concerned since last movement was well before the 30th.

• Sad
I’m actually concerned since last movement was well before the 30th.
yea I am pretty surprised that we haven't seen any movement since WSU's waitlist usually moved quite actively in the past. I say we probably should wait around for this week and if we still don't see any movement by next week, it would be fair to go into panic mode. LOL, but just not yet.

• Haha