2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear this buddy. Just know that REJECTION IS A REDIRECTION!

(sorry for asking you this but when people say "R." does this refer to post-interview rejection?
Sorry I should have specified! This was a pre-interview rejection

Members don't see this ad.

For those with interview invites, can someone please clarify where we submit our headshot on the student portal? It says to upload it on "the photo tab". Does that just mean to upload it as "additional documents" on the document upload page, or am I missing where the photo tab is? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those with interview invites, can someone please clarify where we submit our headshot on the student portal? It says to upload it on "the photo tab". Does that just mean to upload it as "additional documents" on the document upload page, or am I missing where the photo tab is? Thanks.
you will have to wait for a while (2 weeks for me) to have the interview tab uploaded in the portal. Then you can upload your photo in one section of that tab.

Reactions: 2 users
IS Pre-II R. This one hurts. My alma mater, and I did my Master's here too AND it's my hometown.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users
IS pre-II R just now....was my dream school since I was little, life long Wisconsinite. Good thing I have wine at home

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Oh my gosh I feel for all of you who received Rs... keep your head up, and keep trying. I was rejected here last year and have not heard anything back yet this cycle.

However, one thing I do know about UW is that they HIGHLY value extensive clinical experience.

You are all wonderful, and please don't give up, I know how hard it is to be turned town

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Oh my gosh I feel for all of you who received Rs... keep your head up, and keep trying. I was rejected here last year and have not heard anything back yet this cycle.

However, one thing I do know about UW is that they HIGHLY value extensive clinical experience.

You are all wonderful, and please don't give up, I know how hard it is to be turned town
Thanks for the encouragement! Although I'm thinking they must also value something else highly as well because I have 15,000 hours of clinical experience including caring for COVID patients all year haha....I'll be contacting them for feedback for sure because I must have a red flag somewhere. Maybe I'm too old :p

Thanks for the encouragement! Although I'm thinking they must also value something else highly as well because I have 15,000 hours of clinical experience including caring for COVID patients all year haha....I'll be contacting them for feedback for sure because I must have a red flag somewhere. Maybe I'm too old :p
Who knows why, but it's good idea to ask for feedback.

UW is one of few schools that offers thorough application feedback if you did not get in anywhere. It was super helpful for me

Reactions: 1 user
Also, do we dress up for the Wednesday session?

Members don't see this ad :)
What % of interview invites are accepted? And how soon after interview do you hear back?

What % of interview invites are accepted? And how soon after interview do you hear back?
Their IS post-II to A rate is about 45% and OS one is about 53%. Previous comments and somewhere in my interview packet it says 6-8 weeks until we get a response.

Reactions: 1 users
Their IS post-II to A rate is about 45% and OS one is about 53%. Previous comments and somewhere in my interview packet it says 6-8 weeks until we get a response.
I believe according to what the head of admissions said on interview day is that IS% A's are highest, then OS% A's

Congrats to all those who received IIs!

Also, do we know how long Wisconsin's interview season lasts?

Starting to get a little discouraged not hearing anything as an IS complete on day one (8/16) who interviewed during my first cycle two years ago :(

• Care
Starting to get a little discouraged not hearing anything as an IS complete on day one (8/16) who interviewed during my first cycle two years ago :(
Hang in there. Remember, this application cycle is delayed for all schools and previous years' calendar milestones shouldn't be applied to this cycle. Further, Wisconsin seems to be delayed more so than most schools - per their Twitter, they haven't even sent MD acceptances yet. With multiple pre-II IS R's being reported, no news is good news!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. 513 MCAT, 3.68, very non trad background.

• Care
Sorry to hear that :/ IS/OOS? Complete?

IS. Complete end August. Just took a chunk of time to raise some babies after getting into medschool in a previous year, so not sure what to expect this time around. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Pre-interview R just now. OOS (MN), but did undergrad in WI. GPA 3.59 (3.68 for undergrad, less for HS college courses), MCAT 507. LM 65 (4000+ clinical hours). Completed secondary on 10/4/20. This was my first R, but not too shocked :( Good luck everyone!

• Care
Got an email saying that they reviewed my application, but are still waiting to see who they want to interview. Basically, I'm on hold? Soft R?

IS, LM 73, submitted 8/17

Just got an email stating my app has been reviewed by the committee but at this time they are still in the process of selecting individuals for remaining interview slots...so I guess just more waiting

Got an email saying that they reviewed my application, but are still waiting to see who they want to interview. Basically, I'm on hold? Soft R?

same here! but I am OOS, complete 7/20. Also wondering the same question?

+1, completed 8/24. Anyone have an idea if this is a soft R?

+1, completed 8/24. Anyone have an idea if this is a soft R?
The fact that they have been outright rejecting both IS and OOS applicants tells me no, I think they are just trying to get their crap together and buying some time...I mean they haven’t even sent out any regular MD acceptances yet

The fact that they have been outright rejecting both IS and OOS applicants tells me no, I think they are just trying to get their crap together and buying some time...I mean they haven’t even sent out any regular MD acceptances yet
That's what I was thinking. At this point, I'm going to be happy with not getting a rejection. UW is my alma mater and I absolutely love the city and the state. I would jump at the opportunity to go there. Fingers crossed for good news soon!

I was wondering if they did outright rejections. Thanks for the info! I'm also on "hold" I guess heh

That's what I was thinking. At this point, I'm going to be happy with not getting a rejection. UW is my alma mater and I absolutely love the city and the state. I would jump at the opportunity to go there. Fingers crossed for good news soon!
More like "jump around" at the opportunity, am I right?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R a little while ago. OOS, complete 8/16

• Sad
Silence still for me (IS, complete 8/16 btw). IIRC, last cycle I applied (2018-2019), I received that "hold" email around mid-November but ultimately wasn't selected for II. In my post-cycle feedback meeting with their adcom representative I was told I was really close to receiving an II but they just ran out of interview spots.

Point being, have faith. I really don't think that email is a soft R by any means and if you haven't been rejected, you're still in the race.

Edit: highly recommend the post-cycle feedback meeting with UW for any reapplicants revisiting this thread. Super helpful individualized feedback that is second only maybe to Iowa's feedback counseling.

Last edited:
Pre-II R about an hour ago. Complete late September. OOS.

• Care
They just sent me the nicest rejection letter, I'm not even mad

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
How long did it take to hear back for y'all for interview confirmation after replying to the II email?

How long did it take to hear back yall for interview confirmation after replying to the II email?
I don’t think I heard back until close to my interview. Like within a week?

How long did it take to hear back for y'all for interview confirmation after replying to the II email?
I accepted the interview offer on a Friday and got a confirmation email on the following Monday. But they said more details will come closer to the interview (mines 12/2-4)

Has anyone been interviewed/accepted for the WARM program?

OOS applicant and rejected today, Best of Luck to those still in the running!

• Care
  • Sad
Just got the R hammer today as well. Complete 7/24. LM 66, OOS and tons of clinical hours

• Care
  • Sad
R just a few minutes ago; complete 9/1, LM 69 (3.96/507), ORM, OOS w/ heavy ties. Still sitting at 0 IIs but was holding out hope for this school. Seriously thinking of preparing for reapplication now.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Pre II R. OOS with strong ties (undergrad at a UW school, worked for that school, letter of recommendation from UW Madison Alum, work full time in a Madison suburb and live there etc.) Stings because my GF goes to another grad school at UW Madison so it looks like we will have some distance the next 4 years. Good luck to those still in the running.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users