-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wisconsin
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
svainglives
Full Member
anyone complete mid august, oos still waiting to hear back?
sredna4
Full Member
I was complete 7/17 OOS. So.... yes hahaanyone complete mid august, oos still waiting to hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete date?Pre II R today. OOS ORM LM 78 and strong ties to the state
Early Septembercomplete date?
december was all booked up?I completed my secondary 8/10 received an II 11/6 and it’s in January .
They give you a week with 3 dates. They don't give you the direct option to "book," but if you email them then you can reschedule if necessary.december was all booked up?
II today. IS. Complete 8/16
Lakaiss
Full Member
I assume yes , they just gave me the dates. I had no choice in that. So I would say December is booked .december was all booked up?
50%. I finished all the interviews this past week, and the director of the admissions said that.Anyone know percent of II that end up accepted ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
Removed 982794
Have late sept completed heard back?
medgal12345
Full Member
I was told that the first round of A's for the regular MD program will come out early-mid December!Has anyone been accepted yet this cycle?
Lakaiss
Full Member
That’s actually not bad. Can you tell me How your experience with the interviews was? Relaxed ? Hard questions ? Overall how do you feel about the school50%. I finished all the interviews this past week, and the director of the admissions said that.
D
deleted899789
Congrats! When is your interview?II today. IS. Complete 8/16
Jan 13-15Congrats! When is your interview?
Dr.Wisconsin
Full Member
II, IS. Today for the WARM program! Super excited because this is my alma matter. I originally submitted on September 8th, but my last LOR wasn't uploaded until October 26th. GPA 3.56, MCAT 507, 4,000+ Research Hours, 5000+ Clinical Hours!
Interview scheduled for December 9-11.
Interview scheduled for December 9-11.
II, OOS for WARM! I completed the WARM secondaries 11/8.
R
Removed 982794
congrats!! what's warm?II, OOS for WARM! I completed the WARM secondaries 11/8.
im OOS and complete end of Sept but havent heard anything
It’s the rural medicine program. On your primary you had to select the special programs option to apply for it. Good luck with your app!congrats!! what's warm?
im OOS and complete end of Sept but havent heard anything
D
deleted899789
Congrats! When is your interview?II, OOS for WARM! I completed the WARM secondaries 11/8.
December 9-11Congrats! When is your interview?
I think I just received a hold email. Has anyone else received this?
complete date? is/oos? warm program?I think I just received a hold email. Has anyone else received this?
View attachment 323331
complete date? is/oos? warm program?
My complete date was 9/23, OOS with no ties, and I did not apply to the WARM program.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmmm interesting. yeah i match all those specifics that you said, including complete date. and I didn't get anything todayMy complete date was 9/23, OOS with no ties, and I did not apply to the WARM program.
It was super relaxing. I love the school. I'm a minority student so I really appreciate that the school has a tremendous support system for minority students. I really like the curriculum.That’s actually not bad. Can you tell me How your experience with the interviews was? Relaxed ? Hard questions ? Overall how do you feel about the school
Also their interview process is very selective. The director of admissions encouraged us to check out their website and explained that they are very transparent about the process. I don't remember the exact details, so please dont' quote me on this. But it basically goes something like this:
-the faculty and medical student write a review/a letter about you => then the 3 independent evaluators (a staff, a medical student., a person on the admission teams) will evaluate your entire application (primary, secondary, VITA responses, interview reports) and give you a score => the person with the highest score will present you in front of the committee of 25 people. Then the committee will ask the presenter questions as to why he/she thinks this applicant will be an excellent candidate at the school. The presenter has to convince the committee that the applicant is worth a shot here => then the committee will give you an average score from the 25 people on the committee.
*note: the WARM applicants don't have to go through this extensive selective interview evaluation process, since there are not many faculty on the WARM admissions team.
Since I was interviewed early in the second batch, i will not hear back from the school until mid January because they will compare my evaluation and scores with those of other applicants who received and will receive interviews. I'll hear back from them around January 15th or so.
HOpe this helps.
R
Removed 982794
Also match the complete date and OOS and no emailhmmm interesting. yeah i match all those specifics that you said, including complete date. and I didn't get anything today
sredna4
Full Member
It was super relaxing. I love the school. I'm a minority student so I really appreciate that the school has a tremendous support system for minority students. I really like the curriculum.
Also their interview process is very selective. The director of admissions encouraged us to check out their website and explained that they are very transparent about the process. I don't remember the exact details, so please dont' quote me on this. But it basically goes something like this:
-the faculty and medical student write a review/a letter about you => then the 3 independent evaluators (a staff, a medical student., a person on the admission teams) will evaluate your entire application (primary, secondary, VITA responses, interview reports) and give you a score => the person with the highest score will present you in front of the committee of 25 people. Then the committee will ask the presenter questions as to why he/she thinks this applicant will be an excellent candidate at the school. The presenter has to convince the committee that the applicant is worth a shot here => then the committee will give you an average score from the 25 people on the committee.
*note: the WARM applicants don't have to go through this extensive selective interview evaluation process, since there are not many faculty on the WARM admissions team.
Since I was interviewed early in the second batch, i will not hear back from the school until mid January because they will compare my evaluation and scores with those of other applicants who received and will receive interviews. I'll hear back from them around January 15th or so.
HOpe this helps.
This is very informative, thanks! You mention that you interviewed early in the second batch. Did you get a sense of how many more interviews they are sending out (like 50% more, 20% more, etc)?
oh my lord this is intenseIt was super relaxing. I love the school. I'm a minority student so I really appreciate that the school has a tremendous support system for minority students. I really like the curriculum.
Also their interview process is very selective. The director of admissions encouraged us to check out their website and explained that they are very transparent about the process. I don't remember the exact details, so please dont' quote me on this. But it basically goes something like this:
-the faculty and medical student write a review/a letter about you => then the 3 independent evaluators (a staff, a medical student., a person on the admission teams) will evaluate your entire application (primary, secondary, VITA responses, interview reports) and give you a score => the person with the highest score will present you in front of the committee of 25 people. Then the committee will ask the presenter questions as to why he/she thinks this applicant will be an excellent candidate at the school. The presenter has to convince the committee that the applicant is worth a shot here => then the committee will give you an average score from the 25 people on the committee.
*note: the WARM applicants don't have to go through this extensive selective interview evaluation process, since there are not many faculty on the WARM admissions team.
Since I was interviewed early in the second batch, i will not hear back from the school until mid January because they will compare my evaluation and scores with those of other applicants who received and will receive interviews. I'll hear back from them around January 15th or so.
HOpe this helps.
solotravelingpremed
Full Member
Pre II rejection today
Tbh this method - or something similar - is probably employed at a lot of schools but very few are as transparent as UW in describing their evaluation processoh my lord this is intense
TOTALLY AGREEDTbh this method - or something similar - is probably employed at a lot of schools but very few are as transparent as UW in describing their evaluation process
i honestly have no idea. They told us that we were in the second batch. There are 2 types of interview-they gave me 3 specific dates in Nov for me to choose an interview with a faculty, and then they gave me a pre-determined group interview date.This is very informative, thanks! You mention that you interviewed early in the second batch. Did you get a sense of how many more interviews they are sending out (like 50% more, 20% more, etc)?
is/oos? warm program? complete date?Pre II rejection today
Lakaiss
Full Member
Wow , yes! It does help! Thank you so much for all that information! The process is indeed intimidating. I am a minority too and nontrad. My intervie is scheduled for January hopefully that’s not kind of late .It was super relaxing. I love the school. I'm a minority student so I really appreciate that the school has a tremendous support system for minority students. I really like the curriculum.
Also their interview process is very selective. The director of admissions encouraged us to check out their website and explained that they are very transparent about the process. I don't remember the exact details, so please dont' quote me on this. But it basically goes something like this:
-the faculty and medical student write a review/a letter about you => then the 3 independent evaluators (a staff, a medical student., a person on the admission teams) will evaluate your entire application (primary, secondary, VITA responses, interview reports) and give you a score => the person with the highest score will present you in front of the committee of 25 people. Then the committee will ask the presenter questions as to why he/she thinks this applicant will be an excellent candidate at the school. The presenter has to convince the committee that the applicant is worth a shot here => then the committee will give you an average score from the 25 people on the committee.
*note: the WARM applicants don't have to go through this extensive selective interview evaluation process, since there are not many faculty on the WARM admissions team.
Since I was interviewed early in the second batch, i will not hear back from the school until mid January because they will compare my evaluation and scores with those of other applicants who received and will receive interviews. I'll hear back from them around January 15th or so.
HOpe this helps.
best of luck ! And maybe we might be classmates. This one of my top choices!
NOT late at all. They wanted to interview you for a reason. remember that! and yes Hopefully if I get in haha. 🙂Wow , yes! It does help! Thank you so much for all that information! The process is indeed intimidating. I am a minority too and nontrad. My intervie is scheduled for January hopefully that’s not kind of late .
best of luck ! And maybe we might be classmates. This one of my top choices!
Lakaiss
Full Member
Thank you ☺️. And yes hopefullyNOT late at all. They wanted to interview you for a reason. remember that! and yes Hopefully if I get in haha. 🙂
R
Removed 982794
Have they reached up to end of September?
II just now! Complete late August. Interview scheduled for late January. OOS no ties. LM ~70
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did you by chance get an email sometime before your II saying your application had been reviewed but they were still deciding who to put in the remaining interview dates? I’m just trying to gauge my chances of receiving an II as an IS after receiving this “hold” email a few weeks back...II just now also. IS, complete late August, interview also scheduled for late January. c/sGPA/MCAT: 3.57/3.37/520
This was the first communication I had received from them since my complete email.Congrats! Did you by chance get an email sometime before your II saying your application had been reviewed but they were still deciding who to put in the remaining interview dates? I’m just trying to gauge my chances of receiving an II as an IS after receiving this “hold” email a few weeks back...
II today for late January! Completed late August, IS, LM 74, non trad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K