2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received today. Was on hold since July.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I interviewed today and some how I cannot remember the name of my interviewer. does anyone know if there is anyway to access this name or has anyone else had this problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed today and some how I cannot remember the name of my interviewer. does anyone know if there is anyway to access this name or has anyone else had this problem?
It happens more than you think! Don't be afraid to just email admissions and ask.

Do you know if it's okay to send more letters of recommendation now? I am on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
complete early august. been on hold for several months with no news. anyone know when the last ii's usually go out? i sent a pretty big application update but still no movement at all...

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I just had my interview here and felt very meh about it. Did anyone else who interviewed feel that way??
Very meh, my interviewer didn’t use the full time. Cut our interview short at 20ish minutes and was rapid-fire style from the beginning. Really didn’t feel conversational or relaxed at all unfortunately. Got alternate listed too despite being my top choice, preparing well, and generally being extremely excited about the school. Luck of the draw I guess

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Is it pretty common to get an II after submitting an update? Just wondering if anyone here has gotten an II without submitting an update. I’ve been working the same clinical job since I submitted in July so there’s really nothing to update on

Reactions: 1 user
Is it pretty common to get an II after submitting an update? Just wondering if anyone here has gotten an II without submitting an update. I’ve been working the same clinical job since I submitted in July so there’s really nothing to update on
They also like letters of interest, but we are getting later in the season to send these.

Complete early september, put on hold october, sent update/interest letter beginning of december, still nothing

Pre-II R right now
Complete 10/9. Was on hold for hella long.

Sent update letter and accidentally called them the wrong school, received rejection 12 hours later

YALL, please re-read your updates letters lol :bigtears:.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
Pre-II R right now

Sent update letter and accidentally called them the wrong school, received rejection 12 hours later

It happens to the best of us :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R right now

Thats rough buddy

• Care
Thats rough buddy
its all good my man. It's 100% my fault so i aint even tripping.
My application cycle has given me some funny a** stories just like this, so i look forward to reflecting on these moments next year.

Does GW usually release decisions on a certain day of the week/ month? Waiting to hear back from a December date

I got an ii last week without sending an update, so I assume updates/LOIs are not necessary but could help you

• Love
Interview in Feb. Interviewing for a WL spot at this point? Excited as it is close to home but have no delusions about interviewing so late.

Was placed on the alternate list today. Interviewed 12/10. I was accepted to a school closer to home, so I'll be withdrawing myself from consideration. Best of luck to everyone!!

• Care
Waitlisted today, interviewed 12/21. Anyone know how many people get accepted from the waitlist?

• Care
II today! I’ve been on hold since like September so it was very unexpected! Complete in late August.

Reactions: 5 users
Idk if I'm allowed to post this, but does anyone want to exchange update letters/ letters of intent for peer editing?

For those who have already interviewed, did they send any informational material before your interview day? I'm thinking like some introductory video/ curriculum overview/ campus tour type thing-- or is it just the 30 min faculty interview?

For those who have already interviewed, did they send any informational material before your interview day? I'm thinking like some introductory video/ curriculum overview/ campus tour type thing-- or is it just the 30 min faculty interview?
just the 30 min interview, they also sent an invite to a student q & a session but I'm not sure how often they have those

When y'all responded to accept the interview, did you receive a confirmation email? I responded to the II with the info they requested on Thursday as well as uploading to the portal and I did not receive a confirmation or anything else. Is this normal?

Just received confirmation
Did you respond on Thursday as well? Or when did you respond?

EDIT: Emailed them and followed up. Apparently they lost my confirmation email and they updated me manually. Very nice about it! If you are having the same problem just email admissions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-II R right now

I wrote "GWSOM" by mistake in my update letter a few months ago and never got a rejection 😭still on hold

• Haha
Did you receive a call or email? Did your portal status change?
I was notified via email and my portal status changed as well but it did not reflect an acceptance, it just said that correspondence was sent to me via email

I was notified via email and my portal status changed as well but it did not reflect an acceptance, it just said that correspondence was sent to me via email
Thank you for the response and congratulations!! Interviewed late December, still waiting to hear back!

II last night. Scheduled a week from now. Probably a cancellation but I’ll take it!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
What was the interview day like? Do they assign you a time and you just show up for your interview? No info sessions, etc? Or is it a full day?