2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the curriculum changing in the Fall?

Members don't see this ad.

What was the interview day like? Do they assign you a time and you just show up for your interview? No info sessions, etc? Or is it a full day?
No info sessions, or any of that. Unless they sent the information for the student panel, the only other thing they offer you is the intranet link to browse resources and watch previous info sessions.

The interview itself is quick. They assign you a time, you get on zoom and the interviewer will most likely already be logged on. It is 20-30 minutes mine was around 30 and it is rapid-fire, for the most part. That's it. The school will send a follow-up thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if getting an II to GW late/now could result in an A or if GW has a lot of waitlist/alternate movement??

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if getting an II to GW late/now could result in an A or if GW has a lot of waitlist/alternate movement??
Stalked last years thread and if truthful some people who interviewed in February did get in. Honestly, this school waitlists a lot in general so it’s hard to say. I think at this point we just interview the best we can and hope for the best.
To vent: 6 IIs, no A, and a lotttt of waiting, so I’m ready to expect a lot more waiting 😭😭

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
FREAKING OUT JUST GOT AN II AFTER BEING ON HOLD SINCE JULY!!! Living in DC now, this is definitely my top choice 😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Anyone with a december interview still waiting to hear back?! The average turnaround is 4 weeks... next week makes 6 for me. Nervous about it since I've seen people from my interview day get WL!

Anyone with a december interview still waiting to hear back?! The average turnaround is 4 weeks... next week makes 6 for me. Nervous about it since I've seen people from my interview day get WL!
Same here! I’m still waiting

Reactions: 2 users
Just curious, but is there any correlation between getting an A vs WL and having a conversational vs rapid fire interview? It probably depends on the interviewer’s style but as I was reading through the thread the thought crossed my mind.

Just curious, but is there any correlation between getting an A vs WL and having a conversational vs rapid fire interview? It probably depends on the interviewer’s style but as I was reading through the thread the thought crossed my mind.
Mine definitely felt conversational here. Probably one of my favorite interviews so far because I actually felt heard.

Although, I have to imagine there’s some standardization given there’s only one interview and the range of experiences during the interview from people in this thread is pretty diverse. I still ended up getting all of their standard interview questions and it’s a lot to pack into such a short interview, so I’m guessing your actual answers rather than your connection to the interview matter more here. I think as long as you stayed friendly and approachable through the rapid fire than you should be okay?

Last edited:
Since people tend to describe their GW interviews as either conversational or rapid fire, I just wanted to add that my interview was kind of a hybrid between the two. It wasn't exactly conversational, but I didn't feel like I was being grilled. Plus, my interviewer had a like sentence long follow-up to most of my answers lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean there definitely has to be some interviewer bias. The same interviewers who maybe choose rapid fire may not be as amenable to “story-like” answers or may be more prone to giving lower scores to interviewees. More conversational interviewers may just be more amiable and positive. Obviously this is just speculation but given the very low post-II A % I feel that they must have a higher Interviewer bar that’s coupled with a small time constraint, likely booked interview slots, and interviewers who have a certain style that doesn’t give many a chance to shine.

pre II R complete july right before a diff interview today :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the Pre-II R after being placed on hold for a few months. Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Pre-II R just now, complete and on hold since Mid Oct., good luck to those of you who missed this R wave!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I also sent a letter, but in January. Didn't help apparently! :dead:

• Care
Are these Pre-II Rs coming through email or portal? I was also complete late Aug and have been on hold for a few months

pre-II R, complete early July and put on hold late July

• Care
does anyone know how late into the cycle they will send interview invites?

if you check the previous page some people announced getting interview invitations on Jan 20, 26, and 28.
That hurts. This was a top choice school for me. Silence sent update recently.

• Care
That hurts. This was a top choice school for me. Silence sent update recently.
I'm with you on that one. If it makes you feel any better, there were was a reported II (maybe 2) on 2/3 last year! I don't know how much hope I should put in that but at least a little, right?

• Love
  • Care
Yeah they have a ton of applicants. Gonna take this L.

• Care
yeh this one's over for me too.
Hey I didn't say they were done, just the dates that people recently announced invitations.
Here's what their site says:
"Each year the Admissions Office offers approximately 800 interviews to selected applicants. Each interviewee will participate in an interview — with a faculty member which will last approximately 25 minutes. Interviewees will have the opportunity to connect with current students throughout the interview process. All interviews are Eastern Standard Time. These interviews are "blind," meaning that the interviewers do not read the applicants' files prior to the interview and that the applicants are not notified of their interviewer's information in advance.

Our interview season typically runs from August through March, with our first invitations being sent out in July. Files may be read multiple times before a decision is made with regards to extending an interview, and it is quite common that files are put on hold before an interview invitation is extended. We recommend that applicants keep their file updated by using the online Application Portal throughout the application season."

• Wow
anyone else willing to do anything to get that acceptance? it feels like its been such a long year of waiting. im so hopeful, but i feel silly. i just know this school is the perfect one for me

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the alternate list update email

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the alternate list update email
When they say include a statement of interest does that mean a full on interest letter or just a brief sentence or two saying you still want your spot on the alternate list?

When they say include a statement of interest does that mean a full on interest letter or just a brief sentence or two saying you still want your spot on the alternate list?
I assume they mean that you're confirming you want to continue to be considered and want to remain on the alternate list but someone else please correct me if I'm wrong

Mine definitely felt conversational here. Probably one of my favorite interviews so far because I actually felt heard.

Although, I have to imagine there’s some standardization given there’s only one interview and the range of experiences during the interview from people in this thread is pretty diverse. I still ended up getting all of their standard interview questions and it’s a lot to pack into such a short interview, so I’m guessing your actual answers rather than your connection to the interview matter more here. I think as long as you stayed friendly and approachable through the rapid fire than you should be okay?
That's good perspective, thank you! I've been getting nervous about what type of interviewer have, but that's some good perspective and I'll try to be friendly regardless! Thanks!

Since people tend to describe their GW interviews as either conversational or rapid fire, I just wanted to add that my interview was kind of a hybrid between the two. It wasn't exactly conversational, but I didn't feel like I was being grilled. Plus, my interviewer had a like sentence long follow-up to most of my answers lol
Good to know, thank you! I've been getting ril nervous about being grilled haha.
I mean there definitely has to be some interviewer bias. The same interviewers who maybe choose rapid fire may not be as amenable to “story-like” answers or may be more prone to giving lower scores to interviewees. More conversational interviewers may just be more amiable and positive. Obviously this is just speculation but given the very low post-II A % I feel that they must have a higher Interviewer bar that’s coupled with a small time constraint, likely booked interview slots, and interviewers who have a certain style that doesn’t give many a chance to shine.
That's a really good point and while we don't know for sure, I feel like what you said makes a ton of sense. Thank you!