2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
When they say include a statement of interest does that mean a full on interest letter or just a brief sentence or two saying you still want your spot on the alternate list?
did you just put a sentence for this saying like "I am still interested". thats what I think I am going to do.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When they say include a statement of interest does that mean a full on interest letter or just a brief sentence or two saying you still want your spot on the alternate list?
I interpreted that as a full interest/intent letter but not completely sure.

Where was this NDA?? Interviewed here but don’t recall signing
When you forget to sign the NDA:
fbi fbifam GIF by CBS

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone mind sharing their interview experience? Interviewing here next week. TIA!
Just checked and there wasn’t an NDA I signed lol.

As far as the experience, I thought it was a very standard 1v1 interview (although some have said it felt more rapid fire). I also really appreciated it was just the one interview and nothing else to attend throughout the day — I work full time so taking only 30min off was ideal. I recommend looking at people asking and answering this question earlier in this thread as well as the GW sdn interview experience page. I used the latter to prep and felt prepared.

• Love
has anyone been able to log in to Gweb using the ID and password they gave you? Mine is not working so any help would be great!

When do you get your zoom link and exact time for the interview? Less than a week out rn with no news.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried submitting an update to this school’s application portal and I don’t get any confirmation it actually submitted No email confirmation as well. Does it usually come instantly?

I emailed admissions on if my updates went through and got no response
If I remember correctly, I got an email pretty quickly automatically with the Subject: GW SMHS Update Received. And the email was: [email protected]. Make sure to check your junk folder because somehow GW always ends up in mine.

Is GW still sending IIs? I have been on hold since the summer

I tried submitting an update to this school’s application portal and I don’t get any confirmation it actually submitted No email confirmation as well. Does it usually come instantly?

I emailed admissions on if my updates went through and got no response
I’ve uploaded docs to the portal three times and on the same day (2/3 times), I got a response from medadmit that my submission was received. I assumed the time I didn’t get a notification, that my update was not received (I also got a weird error in the portal that time as well).

what has been the average turnaround time post-interview for decisions?

what has been the average turnaround time post-interview for decisions?
Was looking at the forums and it seemed like about 4 weeks, usually on a Tuesday or Thursday. I didn’t go too far back though, so this isn’t based on too much evidence. Last week would’ve been 4 weeks for me, but it seems like no one heard any decisions last week. I’m hoping to hear back soon.

II yesterday, complete mid July, hold sometime in August/ September. LM 68!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R, after being on hold since July, LM 76, Update sent end of Dec

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Also just caught the pre-II R after being on hold since July

We shouldn't expect any alternate list movement until after at least March 15th, correct?

Just finished my II this morning. Mixed feelings

Is anybody from December still waiting to hear back post-II? It's been 9 weeks now and I am not sure what I should do :(

Interviewed 1/14 and just put on alternate list - does anyone know if MSAR has alternate/waitlist data for GW?

Last edited:
  • Care
Does anyone know if they do post II rejections? All I've seen are alternate list.

Does anyone know if they do post II rejections? All I've seen are alternate list.
I think they rarely do. Very rarely to the point of, if you interview, you should expect alternate list or an acceptance - I only saw one on last years thread.

Fat R yesterday. Complete early July, Hold late July.

Alternate list. Found out yesterday afternoon. Interviewed early January.

• Care
Also got the R yesterday after being on hold since August :( good luck to everyone still in the running!

Is GW still even giving out interviews? Been on hold since early September.

II a few min ago after being out on hold and sending an update. Is there still a chance of me getting an A? Or are all interviewees this late in the cycle waitlisted?

II a few min ago after being out on hold and sending an update. Is there still a chance of me getting an A? Or are all interviewees this late in the cycle waitlisted?
Based on my (limited) reconnaissance into last year’s thread it appeared to me that they block off a certain # of seats for each interview day so no, late ppl shouldn’t only be interviewing for late spots.

But take that with a grain of salt. Could be hella hella wrong.

• Love
Based on my (limited) reconnaissance into last year’s thread it appeared to me that they block off a certain # of seats for each interview day so no, late ppl shouldn’t only be interviewing for late spots.

But take that with a grain of salt. Could be hella hella wrong.
Thanks so much for the info!! :)

Accepted today! Early January interview, 3.9 and 504 MCAT

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
They only send one day of acceptances each week right? And only really on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? I guess I’ll hop back on this thread next week