2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what attire is recommended for the Alternate Webinar happening today? I'd assume we don't have to dress up like the interview?

Reactions: 1 user
I can’t make the webinar because of work either. If someone is willing to write a summary that would be amazing!

Reactions: 2 users
I missed the beginning of the alternate webinar. I remember they referenced we’re put in tiers towards the end. Do they tell us what tier were in/ when we are placed?

Can anyone comment on the GW SMHS campus and buildings? How are the classrooms, libraries, studying places, etc.? I was told by someone that everything is SO old that it’s low-key depressing.

I missed the beginning of the alternate webinar. I remember they referenced we’re put in tiers towards the end. Do they tell us what tier were in/ when we are placed?
I really don't think so. He basically said it would not be useful for us to know our place on the list, so they do not intend to disclose that info to us. I think once you are on the alternate, you have your ranking. From what he said the rankings do not really change based on anything you do, but I am guessing they can change if people drop off the alternate list. But he also said it's good if you show interest. Overall, the alternate list seems like a very abstract experience lol

Reactions: 4 users
I really don't think so. He basically said it would not be useful for us to know our place on the list, so they do not intend to disclose that info to us. I think once you are on the alternate, you have your ranking. From what he said the rankings do not really change based on anything you do, but I am guessing they can change if people drop off the alternate list. But he also said it's good if you show interest. Overall, the alternate list seems like a very abstract experience lol
Sounds like the translation is: if you’re on the alternate list, don’t hold your breath

Members don't see this ad :)
I missed the alt webinar due to travel. Is there a chance that reflects poorly on me as an applicant?

I missed the alt webinar due to travel. Is there a chance that reflects poorly on me as an applicant?
Tbh I didn't even receive an invite to the webinar, I only found out it existed because of this thread

Reactions: 1 users
Whats the best way to send a thank you letter, post interview?
Through the medical interview email. Just send the thank you note as an attachment and tell them to send it to the person you interviewed with

does anyone know the best way to send a letter of intent, email or portal? has anyone sent one?

Need y'all's opinion. I already sent a letter of interest a few months ago. I'm alternate now and for their statement of interest should I just say briefly I still feel the same or rewrite it/add stuff? Thank you

Need y'all's opinion. I already sent a letter of interest a few months ago. I'm alternate now and for their statement of interest should I just say briefly I still feel the same or rewrite it/add stuff? Thank you
If I was in your boat I'd definitely try to send the same message, but maybe come up with other stories/narratives that match up with why you feel GW is a good fit for you (if that makes sense). Eg if you talked about X clinical experience in the prior letter, now talk about Y, if you want to vary it up. But overall tone should remain the same. Source: another person on the GW waitlist

for anyone who submitted financial aid forms, did you receive an email confirming they received it?

Was on the alternate list and just withdrew my app! Best of luck you all and I hope you end up where you all want to go :)!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Placed on alternate list this morning, complete early August and interviewed 1/18. Cautiously optimistic still :/

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Finally got the Pre-II R after being on hold since October lol

Let’s gooooo! Pre II-R. Just wanted the pain to end.

Reactions: 2 users
just got hit with the pre-II R. I was complete late July and put on hold sometime in November I think.

• Care
If I interviewed on Feb 18, do you think its a good idea to send in an Letter of Intent sometime this week or next week? I'm not entirely sure when one should be writing LOI's haha

Did anyone get accepted this week at all? I only see waitlists/alternates (and is this the same thing?).