You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry didn't see your question til now! LM 81.5stats?
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
IS II just now!!! Complete mid July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II as well, OOS, complete early August!
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
Can anyone speak on if the interviews typically last all the way until 3 pm or is it more of a ~interview in batches and possibly finish early~ situation?
neuroticprem
Full Member
Also, approx how long is the personal interview? And is it integrated into the MMI as a “long station” or just a separate thing
sassypug101
Full Member
There are two groups of interviews. So for half of the total "interview" time, you'll be on break. You also get a few 10 min breaks in-between MMIs. The entire day does last until 3pm because there's a end-of-day big group session, but it's not so bad with the breaks.Can anyone speak on if the interviews typically last all the way until 3 pm or is it more of a ~interview in batches and possibly finish early~ situation?
sassypug101
Full Member
It is 25-30mins and is integrated into MMIs as a long station.Also, approx how long is the personal interview? And is it integrated into the MMI as a “long station” or just a separate thing
What's your MCAT?IS II just now!!! Complete mid July
MCAT score? congrats!II as well, OOS, complete early August!
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
518/3.54What's your MCAT?
palmtrees1234
Full Member
Does Kaiser like letters of interest post-II? Or do they not really care about them?
purple_hydrangea
Full Member
II just now! OOS and complete early August!
I thought CHSU doesn’t have MMI ?Did anyone not feel great about their MMI and get accepted?
Wrong threadI thought CHSU doesn’t have MMI ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooops sorryWrong thread
Anxiously awaiting a post-II decision
Crying for a IIAnxiously awaiting a post-II decision
Me too.. me too 😞
D
deleted1106140
Is there a final day I can expect to hear back about a post-II decision?
Probably March or early April at the latest
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
This is probably a dumb question but are we expected to be on the zoom call before 7:00 or before 7:30 for our interview? The time is different on the emails they sent and on the portal.
neuroticprem
Full Member
Join the zoom call at 7 for attendance/check in and the actual agenda begins at 7:30!This is probably a dumb question but are we expected to be on the zoom call before 7:00 or before 7:30 for our interview? The time is different on the emails they sent and on the portal.
Any more II?Join the zoom call at 7 for attendance/check in and the actual agenda begins at 7:30!
sassypug101
Full Member
Question of the centuryIs there a final day I can expect to hear back about a post-II decision?
neuroticprem
Full Member
Probably, I think they interview through march. But don’t quote me on it. Good luck!Any more II?
Personally, I believe that they intentionally over-interview for strategic purposes, being a new school. Nobody can tell me that a school needs to interview august-March, 25 kids per week for 48 spots
This! NYULISOM does similar with interviewing many people for a relatively small class because many of the students that they attract will receive competitive offers at other top schools. Waitlist movement is real.Personally, I believe that they intentionally over-interview for strategic purposes, being a new school. Nobody can tell me that a school needs to interview august-March, 25 kids per week for 48 spots
Hi I'ma kid or adult if they needPersonally, I believe that they intentionally over-interview for strategic purposes, being a new school. Nobody can tell me that a school needs to interview august-March, 25 kids per week for 48 spots
That’s true but I’ve heard that kaiser has been able to fill it’s class with 80-100 offers. Not sure how true this is. Tuition + living expenses is a powerful incentiveThis! NYULISOM does similar with interviewing many people for a relatively small class because many of the students that they attract will receive competitive offers at other top schools. Waitlist movement is real.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
What strategic purposes though?Personally, I believe that they intentionally over-interview for strategic purposes, being a new school. Nobody can tell me that a school needs to interview august-March, 25 kids per week for 48 spots
Plus a good amount of CA people that want nothing more than to stay in CA!Tuition + living expenses is a powerful incentive
Applicant 1: “I heard NYU only has a 25% post II acceptance rate”What strategic purposes though?
Applicant 2: “Really, that’s low but I hear kaiser has a post II rate of 15%”
Applicant 1: “wow, I didn’t know kaiser was that selective. It must be elite”
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
I mean. Do they even release their post II acceptance rate because I’ve never seen an official source for the 15% number? If they don’t, there’s math and assumptions that go into coming to an estimate like 15%. Most people won’t go through all of that. So this conversation likely doesn’t happen very often.Applicant 1: “I heard NYU only has a 25% post II acceptance rate”
Applicant 2: “Really, that’s low but I hear kaiser has a post II rate of 15%”
Applicant 1: “wow, I didn’t know kaiser was that selective. It must be elite”
I’m not sure if Kaiser Permanente is spending tens of thousands of dollars (maybe more) to interview 720 applicants just for the possibility of having a little extra clout among the SDN math geek population.
If someone does have a source for the 15% number, I very much would like to see it. I’m interviewing with them pretty soon.
D
deleted1106140
This comes from what the dean says during their interview, that they normally interview around 750 and accept around 100 for a 50 seat class. I heard this at my interview from the Kaiser Permanente dean and she'll probably repeat it for you too.I mean. Do they even release their post II acceptance rate because I’ve never seen an official source for the 15% number? If they don’t, there’s math and assumptions that go into coming to an estimate like 15%. Most people won’t go through all of that. So this conversation likely doesn’t happen very often.
I’m not sure if Kaiser Permanente is spending tens of thousands of dollars (maybe more) to interview 720 applicants just for the possibility of having a little extra clout among the SDN math geek population.
If someone does have a source for the 15% number, I very much would like to see it. I’m interviewing with them pretty soon.
Also if a school interviews and rejects a lot of students who go on to other top schools, these students will always remember kaiser as a school that didn’t accept them (and therefore give a perception of selectively)
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
Welp. When I got the II, I had an apathetic immediate reaction since I didn’t think I was going to get in. It’s days before another interview for a school I really want to get into that has a similar interview format, and it seems like good practice for that interview.This comes from what the dean says during their interview, that they normally interview around 750 and accept around 100 for a 50 seat class. I heard this at my interview from the dean and she'll probably repeat it for you too.
Not really. It's new. Not established. Someone who gets into HMS really gonna say damn Kaiser more selective? LolAlso if a school interviews and rejects a lot of students who go on to other top schools, these students will always remember kaiser as a school that didn’t accept them (and therefore give a perception of selectively)
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
I think people are underestimating the value of free tuition/CoA scholarships.
After they stop providing those, their acceptance rate will likely go up a little.
After they stop providing those, their acceptance rate will likely go up a little.
Maybe not more selective, but selective nonetheless.Not really. It's new. Not established. Someone who gets into HMS really gonna say damn Kaiser more selective? Lol
A's have already been given out - 6-7 or so reported on SDNIs Kaiser rolling admissions? Would it advantage someone to pick an earlier interview date?
What options?Is Kaiser rolling admissions? Would it advantage someone to pick an earlier interview date?
lakerslover777
Full Member
does anyone have any insight when there may next be As sent out? or have they been consistently doing a few every other wk and just not reported here?
When you interviewed?does anyone have any insight when there may next be As sent out? or have they been consistently doing a few every other wk and just not reported here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lakerslover777
Full Member
oo do you mean when did i interview? or they announced something specific during the interview (and i missed it)...?When you interviewed?
When did youoo do you mean when did i interview? or they announced something specific during the interview (and i missed it)...?
lakerslover777
Full Member
oh very recently, 1/18, so i wouldn't imagine anything soon but just wanting to know how "rolling" it isWhen did you
D
deleted1106140
I haven’t been accepted but have interviewed, and from what I’ve seen, they will call you or leave a voicemail. Otherwise, you’re on unknown status until you receive an email saying you’re waitlisted/rejected.oh very recently, 1/18, so i wouldn't imagine anything soon but just wanting to know how "rolling" it is
II just now!