You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
at this point, silence is no longer a good thing. I emailed them and they told me that they're wrapping up their cycle mid march....Have any post II rejections gone out?
Interviewed in November 😢 and still nothing. would like to think silence is still a good thing but considering they haven't sent post II rejections, means they're just piling them all up to reject soon
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
So it's pretty much game over for the folks that have not gotten an IIat this point, silence is no longer a good thing. I emailed them and they told me that they're wrapping up their cycle mid march....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
yup i think so, at least for kaiser.So it's pretty much game over for the folks that have not gotten an II
although technically there's still some time before "mid march" so i'd give it this next week, and then after that yeah i think we're all due for the mass r wave.
Well then I am very much looking forward to hearing back from them (interviewed in Sept) just for the sake of closure!--even if it's not an A...at this point, silence is no longer a good thing. I emailed them and they told me that they're wrapping up their cycle mid march....
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
i dont know if my statement applies to folks who interviewed though. i think they're just wrapping up the interview cycle mid march.Well then I am very much looking forward to hearing back from them (interviewed in Sept) just for the sake of closure!--even if it's not an A...
bluelikestars
Full Member
No, but it looks like on last years threat people were being wait-listed into the first week of April. 😕Anyone know what the timelien for hearing back is if you did interview?
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
11 A's ? bruh...teach me the ways.Just received the A email! Feb interview, OOS. Best of luck everyone!
Just1chance
Full Member
Would any of the accepted students be willing to share their stats so we can get a better picture of what the school is looking for? Thanks!
Me immediately checking my email and being filled with disappointment with the silence :'(Just received the A email! Feb interview, OOS. Best of luck everyone!
11 A's ? bruh...teach me the ways
Keep the faith! My sense is that they are releasing decisions individually rather than in large groups. That is not based on any evidence, so I could be wrong. But fingers crossed for you!Me immediately checking my email and being filled with disappointment with the silence :'(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
strawberrybubble
New Member
Accepted!!!! 😍😊 I AM SCREAMINGGGG. Interviewed in February and I am also a nontrad applicant. Wishing the best for all of you. Don't lose hope. You guys got this!!
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
congrats fellow old person! you keep winning!Accepted today. My dream school (except for 2 which were always a stretch). My best to all of you, the imposter syndrome is hitting me hard. Interviewed in February. 3.85/524 and I'm 30 years old.
You never know, most A were for students for the past 2 months, so they could have just been trying to catch up. I hope that Im not being delusional)Seeing as there were a few As yesterday, are we just waiting for WLs now? 😲
No, I meant that since they didnt send out A since Jan, they might have been trying to do does first then look at everyone againSo if I interviewed in October, my luck has probably run out?
Just1chance
Full Member
Who else has been waiting 4+ months and no response? A moment of silence for those of us without any interview invitations. It's the end of the road.
Is there a waitlist? There's no info about a waitlist on AAMC.No, but it looks like on last years threat people were being wait-listed into the first week of April. 😕
Do you mind releasing which day in february? CONGRATS btw!!Just received the A email! Feb interview, OOS. Best of luck everyone!
Accepted!!!! 😍😊 I AM SCREAMINGGGG. Interviewed in February and I am also a nontrad applicant. Wishing the best for all of you. Don't lose hope. You guys got this!!
Accepted today. My dream school (except for 2 which were always a stretch). My best to all of you, the imposter syndrome is hitting me hard. Interviewed in February. 3.85/524 and I'm 30 years old.
Congrats on the amazing A!! Do you mind if I ask on which days in February you interviewed?
Wait are they no longer sending ii?Who else has been waiting 4+ months and no response? A moment of silence for those of us without any interview invitations. It's the end of the road.
Anabist
No A, No cane
Tomorrow marks the end of the interview cycle based on the timeline they have on the application portal 😞, unless they mention/mentioned that they are extending itWait are they no longer sending ii?
Does anyone know if people pulled off the waitlist or those accepted last year sent LOI's? Or just whether or not Kaiser is receptive to them?
Not a peep. Complete mid-JulyHas anyone else not heard from them yet?
irishtomed97
Full Member
I called Admissions today because based on the timeline in the secondary portal, decisions were supposed to have been posted for everyone last week. They said that they are interviewing through the month of March and that everyone would likely have a decision within the next week. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else was wondering why they hadn't heard! (I am post-interview)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for doing that!!I called Admissions today because based on the timeline in the secondary portal, decisions were supposed to have been posted for everyone last week. They said that they are interviewing through the month of March and that everyone would likely have a decision within the next week. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else was wondering why they hadn't heard! (I am post-interview)
libraman
Full Member
Thank you! Yeah I interviewed in February and was getting worriedI called Admissions today because based on the timeline in the secondary portal, decisions were supposed to have been posted for everyone last week. They said that they are interviewing through the month of March and that everyone would likely have a decision within the next week. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else was wondering why they hadn't heard! (I am post-interview)
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
+1 AugNot a peep. Complete mid-July
Did they mention if they are still sending acceptances?I called Admissions today because based on the timeline in the secondary portal, decisions were supposed to have been posted for everyone last week. They said that they are interviewing through the month of March and that everyone would likely have a decision within the next week. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else was wondering why they hadn't heard! (I am post-interview)
irishtomed97
Full Member
They did not mention that specifically, only that they are still sending out decisions. As they are still interviewing and their committee is still reviewing our applications, I would assume they still have acceptances left to give, but they did not say that specifically!Did they mention if they are still sending acceptances?
AnduraBandura
New Member
For those accepted so far what were your stats if you don’t mind sharing?
bless you. THANK YOU.I called Admissions today because based on the timeline in the secondary portal, decisions were supposed to have been posted for everyone last week. They said that they are interviewing through the month of March and that everyone would likely have a decision within the next week. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else was wondering why they hadn't heard! (I am post-interview)
excitedfuturedoc
Full Member
I interviewed back in November and I have also heard absolutely nothing re: A, WL, or R
bluelikestars
Full Member
+1 Interviewed in December.I interviewed back in November and I have also heard absolutely nothing re: A, WL, or R
Anabist
No A, No cane
+1 NovemberI interviewed back in November and I have also heard absolutely nothing re: A, WL, or R
+1 September...I'm really hoping they can put me out of my misery with some closure lol. I don't expect any good news for me at this point....I interviewed back in November and I have also heard absolutely nothing re: A, WL, or R
Anyone else also interviewed super early but no response yet?
nervousnelly126
New Member
Also September. This wait is brutal+1 September...I'm really hoping they can put me out of my misery with some closure lol. I don't expect any good news for me at this point....
Anyone else also interviewed super early but no response yet?
Meningeezy
Full Member
I never even got an II, but I'm just living in my fantasy world where I still have a chance at one lmao. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just1chance
Full Member
Honestly if they cared they would've sent us a rejection letter early on instead of giving us false hope. They're only reviewing applicants who interviewed. I don't understand the delay. Why can't they send a rejection letter to those of us who have been waiting for months.I never even got an II, but I'm just living in my fantasy world where I still have a chance at one lmao. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
seriously it feels like it was a waste of money to apply and just be ghostedHonestly if they cared they would've sent us a rejection letter early on instead of giving us false hope. They're only reviewing applicants who interviewed. I don't understand the delay. Why can't they send a rejection letter to those of us who have been waiting for months.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve learned which schools are going to get my money next cycle. The schools who are semi-decent to their applicants.seriously it feels like it was a waste of money to apply and just be ghosted
Im honestly so sick of being ghosted this cycle, it makes it impossible to move on and make plans :/I’ve learned which schools are going to get my money next cycle. The schools who are semi-decent to their applicants.
Meningeezy
Full Member
I'm just bummed out because I feel like with rolling admissions especially they really just are not going to consider applications further down because they have like 2000 more to go for the last 10 spots or so and when they find 20 good ones the rest just get thrown out as R's. I hated the fact that the school I got into didn't do rolling admissions but at least now I know that system gives everyone a fair shake. At this point getting a big R wave from them will definitely just feel like they got over the leftover apps and just dumped em.
fullofbeanz
Full Member
Do we still think they’re going to actually give us a decision by the end of the week? Aka tomorrow is the day?