2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any post II rejections gone out?
Interviewed in November :cryi: and still nothing. would like to think silence is still a good thing but considering they haven't sent post II rejections, means they're just piling them all up to reject soon

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Have any post II rejections gone out?
Interviewed in November :cryi: and still nothing. would like to think silence is still a good thing but considering they haven't sent post II rejections, means they're just piling them all up to reject soon
at this point, silence is no longer a good thing. I emailed them and they told me that they're wrapping up their cycle mid march....

Reactions: 1 user
at this point, silence is no longer a good thing. I emailed them and they told me that they're wrapping up their cycle mid march....
So it's pretty much game over for the folks that have not gotten an II

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So it's pretty much game over for the folks that have not gotten an II
yup i think so, at least for kaiser.

although technically there's still some time before "mid march" so i'd give it this next week, and then after that yeah i think we're all due for the mass r wave.

Well then I am very much looking forward to hearing back from them (interviewed in Sept) just for the sake of closure!--even if it's not an A...

Reactions: 3 users
Well then I am very much looking forward to hearing back from them (interviewed in Sept) just for the sake of closure!--even if it's not an A...
i dont know if my statement applies to folks who interviewed though. i think they're just wrapping up the interview cycle mid march.

This week (and maybe the week after) is definitely gonna be important, especially for those who have interviewed but haven’t heard back. Good luck to us all!

Last edited:
Anyone know what the timelien for hearing back is if you did interview?

Just received the A email! Feb interview, OOS. Best of luck everyone!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Would any of the accepted students be willing to share their stats so we can get a better picture of what the school is looking for? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
11 A's ? bruh...teach me the ways
Me immediately checking my email and being filled with disappointment with the silence :'(
Keep the faith! My sense is that they are releasing decisions individually rather than in large groups. That is not based on any evidence, so I could be wrong. But fingers crossed for you!

• Love
Accepted today. My dream school (except for 2 which were always a stretch). My best to all of you, the imposter syndrome is hitting me hard. Interviewed in February. 3.85/524 and I'm 30 years old.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted!!!! :love::giggle: I AM SCREAMINGGGG. Interviewed in February and I am also a nontrad applicant. Wishing the best for all of you. Don't lose hope. You guys got this!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today. My dream school (except for 2 which were always a stretch). My best to all of you, the imposter syndrome is hitting me hard. Interviewed in February. 3.85/524 and I'm 30 years old.
congrats fellow old person! you keep winning!

• Care
Seeing as there were a few As yesterday, are we just waiting for WLs now? 😲

Seeing as there were a few As yesterday, are we just waiting for WLs now? 😲
You never know, most A were for students for the past 2 months, so they could have just been trying to catch up. I hope that Im not being delusional)

So if I interviewed in October, my luck has probably run out?
No, I meant that since they didnt send out A since Jan, they might have been trying to do does first then look at everyone again

Who else has been waiting 4+ months and no response? A moment of silence for those of us without any interview invitations. It's the end of the road.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted!!!! :love::giggle: I AM SCREAMINGGGG. Interviewed in February and I am also a nontrad applicant. Wishing the best for all of you. Don't lose hope. You guys got this!!

Congrats on the amazing A!! Do you mind if I ask on which days in February you interviewed?

Who else has been waiting 4+ months and no response? A moment of silence for those of us without any interview invitations. It's the end of the road.
Wait are they no longer sending ii?

• Care
Wait are they no longer sending ii?
Tomorrow marks the end of the interview cycle based on the timeline they have on the application portal 😞, unless they mention/mentioned that they are extending it

Does anyone know if people pulled off the waitlist or those accepted last year sent LOI's? Or just whether or not Kaiser is receptive to them?

Has anyone else not heard from them yet?

I called Admissions today because based on the timeline in the secondary portal, decisions were supposed to have been posted for everyone last week. They said that they are interviewing through the month of March and that everyone would likely have a decision within the next week. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else was wondering why they hadn't heard! (I am post-interview)

Reactions: 13 users
I called Admissions today because based on the timeline in the secondary portal, decisions were supposed to have been posted for everyone last week. They said that they are interviewing through the month of March and that everyone would likely have a decision within the next week. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else was wondering why they hadn't heard! (I am post-interview)
Thanks for doing that!!

Thank you! Yeah I interviewed in February and was getting worried

Did they mention if they are still sending acceptances?

Did they mention if they are still sending acceptances?
They did not mention that specifically, only that they are still sending out decisions. As they are still interviewing and their committee is still reviewing our applications, I would assume they still have acceptances left to give, but they did not say that specifically!

For those accepted so far what were your stats if you don’t mind sharing?

bless you. THANK YOU.

I interviewed back in November and I have also heard absolutely nothing re: A, WL, or R

I interviewed back in November and I have also heard absolutely nothing re: A, WL, or R
+1 September...I'm really hoping they can put me out of my misery with some closure lol. I don't expect any good news for me at this point....
Anyone else also interviewed super early but no response yet?

I never even got an II, but I'm just living in my fantasy world where I still have a chance at one lmao. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never even got an II, but I'm just living in my fantasy world where I still have a chance at one lmao. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly if they cared they would've sent us a rejection letter early on instead of giving us false hope. They're only reviewing applicants who interviewed. I don't understand the delay. Why can't they send a rejection letter to those of us who have been waiting for months.

Honestly if they cared they would've sent us a rejection letter early on instead of giving us false hope. They're only reviewing applicants who interviewed. I don't understand the delay. Why can't they send a rejection letter to those of us who have been waiting for months.
seriously it feels like it was a waste of money to apply and just be ghosted

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
seriously it feels like it was a waste of money to apply and just be ghosted
I’ve learned which schools are going to get my money next cycle. The schools who are semi-decent to their applicants.

Reactions: 6 users
I’ve learned which schools are going to get my money next cycle. The schools who are semi-decent to their applicants.
Im honestly so sick of being ghosted this cycle, it makes it impossible to move on and make plans :/

Reactions: 4 users
I'm just bummed out because I feel like with rolling admissions especially they really just are not going to consider applications further down because they have like 2000 more to go for the last 10 spots or so and when they find 20 good ones the rest just get thrown out as R's. I hated the fact that the school I got into didn't do rolling admissions but at least now I know that system gives everyone a fair shake. At this point getting a big R wave from them will definitely just feel like they got over the leftover apps and just dumped em.

• Care
I hear ya but I was complete in July and have had absolute silence from Kaiser

• Care
Do we still think they’re going to actually give us a decision by the end of the week? Aka tomorrow is the day?