You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know if Kaiser is going to release the stats of students who were admitted/matriculated this year (since MSAR is from 2 years ago, I think)?
i'd like to know this as well. seems like they would be pretty high as a lot of the help me decide threads on here had kaiser paired with high ranking schools.Does anyone know if Kaiser is going to release the stats of students who were admitted/matriculated this year (since MSAR is from 2 years ago, I think)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd expect them to release a class profile sometime this summer/fall when the first years startDoes anyone know if Kaiser is going to release the stats of students who were admitted/matriculated this year (since MSAR is from 2 years ago, I think)?
D
deleted1009115
Does anyone know whether Kaiser requires CASPer exam this cycle? I know it was required in last cycle but cannot find Kaiser on the list of medical schools when registering for the test ...
I don’t think they are requiring it this cycle. Kaiser is no longer on the CASPer website, and I can’t find the CASPer requirement on Kaiser’s website anymore either. You could contact admissions to check for sure.
Thanks so much!I don’t think they are requiring it this cycle. Kaiser is no longer on the CASPer website, and I can’t find the CASPer requirement on Kaiser’s website anymore either. You could contact admissions to check for sure.
Not sure if you've contacted admissions yet, but I did about a week ago and they told me they don't require CASPer this yearThanks so much!
Does anyone know if Kaiser is going to release the stats of students who were admitted/matriculated this year (since MSAR is from 2 years ago, I think)?
Was in an info session with them a few weeks ago. They said they would update MSAR and their website in "early June" once the class is finalized
Did Kaiser disappear on anybody else's MSAR?
Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Did Kaiser disappear on anybody else's MSAR?
Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Nope!
Weird! I checked it yesterday and it was missing but it's back this morning. No idea what happened.Nope!
Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
bananabeauxt
Full Member
I noticed that they state they will require an online Situational Judgement Test, however they aren't one of the 2 schools AAMC mentioned would be piloting their program. I wonder what this means, maybe their own Situational Judgement Test
sillyusername
Full Member
I noticed that they state they will require an online Situational Judgement Test, however they aren't one of the 2 schools AAMC mentioned would be piloting their program. I wonder what this means, maybe their own Situational Judgement Test
Oh no. If that's the case, they might get dropped off my school list.
Where did you see that?I noticed that they state they will require an online Situational Judgement Test, however they aren't one of the 2 schools AAMC mentioned would be piloting their program. I wonder what this means, maybe their own Situational Judgement Test
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's on their websites under "Application Process"Where did you see that?
Did Kaiser yet publicize the stats for their inaugural application process and matriculating class?
I was wondering the same thing. I poked around the website but couldn't find anything. Do you think it would be worth it to email?Did Kaiser yet publicize the stats for their inaugural application process and matriculating class?
Just sent an email to them asking about SJT and stats! Will keep you guys posted
Just sent an email to them asking about SJT and stats! Will keep you guys posted
Got the most useless response. Does anyone else want to try?
I asked about stats and if the AAMC SJT was required and got this response:
"The CASper test is not required. Statistics will be made available via MSAR soon."

How are people answering the third question from last year's secondaries about intellectual exploration? Should we talk about research or maybe some other hobby we have?
I actually addressed both. For me, a hobby became a job became the subject of my undergraduate research.
Notification of 1° from AMCAS. OOS.
+1 ISSecondary. OOS.
my amcas hasnt been verified yet but kaiser sent me an email saying they got my primary app?? im confused
my amcas hasnt been verified yet but kaiser sent me an email saying they got my primary app?? im confused
I just got the same email even though there's no way my application is getting verified any time soon (submitted 7/4/20), super confused as well?
EDIT: Found this post: Secondaries only after verification?
So it looks like Kaiser opted in for that and sent out the primary received email to be courteous I guess lmao
Last edited:
D
deleted1039724
secondary received!! (not just the notification of primary receipt)
Nice! Mind sharing the prompts?secondary received!! (not just the notification of primary receipt)
D
deleted1039724
@TheDataKing
- During your career as a physician, you will potentially encounter many obstacles and be required to overcome many challenges. Resilience is a prerequisite for success in medical school and beyond. Describe your experience with a situation that had an unfavorable outcome. How did you react, and how might you have responded differently? What did you learn about yourself? (250 words)
- Kaiser Permanente is nationally recognized for its achievements in the realm of equity, inclusion, and diversity. How will you contribute to the diversity of the Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine? (250 words)
- Lifelong learning is an essential process for continued professional development in physicians that includes reflection and being open and responsive to constructive feedback. Tell us about an area of intellectual exploration you are passionate about and have sustained over time. What means have you used to explore this area? (250 words)
- Please describe how you have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic (Optional)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it a portal?Just got secondary as Well
Just got secondary as Well
Got mine as well. OOS
currently refreshing my email like a mad man!Got mine as well. OOS
I'm so happy the prompts are the same--we had no precedent to tell if they would've changed haha
Secondary Received! OOS.
joshuamarcus
Full Member
Secondary received... basically 30 minutes after they sent me the email about getting my primary
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
Same, IS ORMSecondary received... basically 30 minutes after they sent me the email about getting my primary
Happy to help if people have questions. I don't know average stats or competitiveness, but just at a glance, most of the OOS students (most, not all!) hail from top OOS schools. However, I think the class is very diverse! From our limited group interactions, minorities, nontrads, LBTQ, big universities, small liberal arts colleges, and more were well-represented.
Also, the inaugural class size has very recently been updated to 50 students. I am not too surprised at the expansion, but I do not know if the upcoming cycle's class size will be the same. I hope so, as more the merrier!
Also, the inaugural class size has very recently been updated to 50 students. I am not too surprised at the expansion, but I do not know if the upcoming cycle's class size will be the same. I hope so, as more the merrier!
Last edited:
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
Anyone else having trouble typing into the essays?
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
Do we submit our letters directly to kaiser? my letters of recommendation/app have been processed by amcas but it still says letter of references not received on the secondary portal
I think they just need to update the system. Mine says the same thing but if you click on the documents tab it has all my letters entered and that page says received.Do we submit our letters directly to kaiser? my letters of recommendation/app have been processed by amcas but it still says letter of references not received on the secondary portal
Yeah its a portalis it a portal?
+1secondary received!! (not just the notification of primary receipt)
Tacocalifornia
Full Member
Do they screen? I received primary notification but no secondary yet. In state.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they screen? I received primary notification but no secondary yet. In state.
I read on the website that they don’t screen. I got the primary notification 4+ hours ago and still haven’t gotten a secondary either. I’m also IS.
+2 IS
Same here, I'm just gonna wait on it and see if it gets updatedDo we submit our letters directly to kaiser? my letters of recommendation/app have been processed by amcas but it still says letter of references not received on the secondary portal
+1 IS ORM
Does anyone else see "Not recevied" next to Letter of Recommendations under the Status tab. But under the Document Status tabs my letters are all there marked as received.
I see this too!Does anyone else see "Not recevied" next to Letter of Recommendations under the Status tab. But under the Document Status tabs my letters are all there marked as received.