You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Finally got that Pre-II R after 7 months of being ghosted! Lol good luck everyone
An A is an A!Pre II R just now. Finally! Only got one A this cycle but it was the only one I really needed. Best of luck to everyone still vying for a spot here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
confidence_is_key_
Full Member
Meningeezy
Full Member
This is very true. It's hard because you see people with their 18 A's and all, but the reality of being a military spouse means there were only about 5 schools I could have attended without having to move away from my wife, so the one A i got is really the absolute best one for me and for that I am extremely grateful.An A is an A!
nervousnelly126
New Member
Got the post II rejection. At least the waiting is over.
Post II R just now! This was my top choice but honestly I'm just relieved to have closure after interviewing in November haha. Best of luck to all others still waiting!
Crates12345
Full Member
when was your interview?Post II R. 🙂🙂🙂. Relieved it's off the table
end of janwhen was your interview?
fullofbeanz
Full Member
Post-II R interviewed late Jan
bluelikestars
Full Member
Post-II R, interviewed mid December
Post-II R...is Kaiser not doing WLs? I didn't recall seeing any reported on this thread
Edit: interviewed September
Edit: interviewed September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SAME. Moving on! Good luck y'allFinally got that Pre-II R after 7 months of being ghosted! Lol good luck everyone
Crates12345
Full Member
literally wondering the same.. I keep going back and forth from this forum to refreshing my email to see if i get that post II RAre they sending these out at the same time?
According to last year I believe, they gave WL after R's. But I'm not sure if the R's are coming out in one wave or slowly.Post-II R...is Kaiser not doing WLs? I didn't recall seeing any reported on this thread
Edit: interviewed September
Got the post-II R, a bit crushed since no A's yet this cycle but at least I have closure :'(
Same boat :/ We'll get thru it.
llamawhisperer
Full Member
Still haven't gotten an R or WL email post-II....
irishtomed97
Full Member
Me neither!Still haven't gotten an R or WL email post-II....
+1. Waitlist potentially??Me neither!
Same and interviewed in October!Still haven't gotten an R or WL email post-II....
+2. Is it weird that I'm hoping for an R at this point because I can't wrap my head around any more uncertainty?+1. Waitlist potentially??
Anabist
No A, No cane
Yes, I believe soThese are the first reported post-II R’s right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
m3dskoolpls
Full Member
pre-ii R, complete 8/24
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Pre-II R today, complete 7/21!
strawberrybubble
New Member
Just out of curiosity, did they say how many applications they received for this year?
Wanna say in the ballpark range of 13k-14k? They said it during interview day but I forgot exactly what was said.Just out of curiosity, did they say how many applications they received for this year?
antibody123
Full Member
interviewed in jan and no news- is it an R at this point?
llamawhisperer
Full Member
Honestly, with everything else we've heard from them this year with how they treated Dr. Khoury, this is just another blow of unprofessionalism that makes the school not look great. It's common decency to let interviewees know once their interview season is over.
strawberrybubble
New Member
Honestly, with everything else we've heard from them this year with how they treated Dr. Khoury, this is just another blow of unprofessionalism that makes the school not look great. It's common decency to let interviewees know once their interview season is over.
I understand how frustrating it can be waiting for a response back from schools especially this time of the year. I just want to state the fact that I honestly see the delay in response/inactivity NOT just for KP SOM, but across other top-tier institutions as well due to the unprecedented time. I believe KPSOM and all the other schools are working hard towards giving everyone a response soon.
neverpremed
New Member
This hasn't been my experience. Every school I applied to gave me a decision by early March, except for one place that gave me a decision last week... and Kaiser. Many of those were top-tier. This is definitely unusual.I understand how frustrating it can be waiting for a response back from schools especially this time of the year. I just want to state the fact that I honestly see the delay in response/inactivity NOT just for KP SOM, but across other top-tier institutions as well due to the unprecedented time. I believe KPSOM and all the other schools are working hard towards giving everyone a response soon.
llamawhisperer
Full Member
Same, I have heard back from every other school in a timely manner and I feel that this is unique to KPSOM unfortunately.This hasn't been my experience. Every school I applied to gave me a decision by early March, except for one place that gave me a decision last week... and Kaiser. Many of those were top-tier. This is definitely unusual.
Do you think Kaiser is still deciding who to keep on WL vs who to reject? Really curious as to why they dropped a few post-II R's then left everyone else waiting earlier this week.
I thought for sure we would get the axe today.... but now I'm not so convinced
Crates12345
Full Member
just got waitlisted via email, interviewed Nov
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL. Interviewed 12/8
WL
takemercyonme
Full Member
WL interviewed in Jan & low stats