-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WL, interviewed late Feb!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tacoavocadocat
Full Member
hopping on the WL train. accepted the spot but eeeeek I doubt there will be much movement.
I bee waitlisted after mid jan interview xD
jmarie99
New Member
MSAR says waitlist data is not available:/Anyone have MSAR/can see how many WL spots there were last year?
emynicole_123
Full Member
Just got the WL email as well!
irishtomed97
Full Member
Waitlisted, interviewed 10/13.
Yea definitely a lot of WL, hard to imagine too much movement off of it as well tbhWL at 4:20pm lol
seems like a lot of WL in this thread...?
Crates12345
Full Member
yea out of all schools, this is probably the worst waitlist to be on... 50 spots.. free tuition.. so many WLs!
does anyone know how they accept off the waitlist, is it ranked?
does anyone know how they accept off the waitlist, is it ranked?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
More than 50 spots this year, I think it’s closer to 100yea out of all schools, this is probably the worst waitlist to be on... 50 spots.. free tuition.. so many WLs!
does anyone know how they accept off the waitlist, is it ranked?
Crates12345
Full Member
oh no way.. im dumb.. thanks!!More than 50 spots this year, I think it’s closer to 100
llamawhisperer
Full Member
WL as well! Glad to have heard back from all 25 schools now!
Unfortunately it's still more or less 50.More than 50 spots this year, I think it’s closer to 100
Oh really? Could swear that during the interview they mentioned that this years matriculating class would be largerUnfortunately it's still more or less 50.
+10 lol, given how fat the WL looks like it must be from this thread alone I'm not really holding my breathWL as well! Glad to have heard back from all 25 schools now!
Class size will stay 50 until at least the inaugural class graduates. But they have accepted more than 50 applicants (because all schools accept over their class size).Oh really? Could swear that during the interview they mentioned that this years matriculating class would be larger
kittensneezes
Full Member
WL, interviewing in Sept. Turned down the spot!
Doctor Sues Med School for Discrimination
Aysha Khoury, MD, MPH, was fired after leading a medical school discussion about racism in medicine.
![]()
Doctor Sues Med School for Discrimination
Aysha Khoury, MD, MPH, was fired after leading a medical school discussion about racism in medicine.www.medscape.com
Discussion:
Do you still want to attend Kaiser Permanente Medical School?
Short Medscape article dated March 5, 2021 I suggest this is a Must Read for any student considering attendance. After reading the short article, you Must read the Lawsuit Details link that spells everything out in rather plain English. After reading it, once the suit is eventually settled, I...
forums.studentdoctor.net
Last edited:
Discussion related to Dr. Khoury can be followed in this thread from Jan 2021:
Crates12345
Full Member
sorry for the dumb Q.. but who do we send LOIs to?
YOOOOOO got in off the WL just now!!! What!
Crates12345
Full Member
congrats that is soo exciting! did you send an LOI by any chance?YOOOOOO got in off the WL just now!!! What!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Nope, got WL'ed 2 weeks ago and I didn't send anything!congrats that is soo exciting! did you send an LOI by any chance?
CONGRATS! sorry for the barrage of questions- but when did you interview and how did they notify you?Thank you! Nope, got WL'ed 2 weeks ago and I didn't send anything!
Doesn’t it feel like you just won a $400,000 lottery?YOOOOOO got in off the WL just now!!! What!
Last edited:
Thanks! I interviewed back in mid/late Jan and got an email to check portal!CONGRATS! sorry for the barrage of questions- but when did you interview and how did they notify you?
hasn't hit me yet-tough choices ahead!Doesn’t it feel like you just won’t a $400,000 lottery?
cuteundocu
New Member
Congratulations!!!! 🙂Thanks! I interviewed back in mid/late Jan and got an email to check portal!
hasn't hit me yet-tough choices ahead!
Did they call you?YOOOOOO got in off the WL just now!!! What!
They answered this like one post above haha- an email to check the portal!Did they call you?
I’m curious if anyone eventually called to discuss the acceptance, FA, etc?They answered this like one post above haha- an email to check the portal!
Congrats! Any idea if it is still full COA this year for everyone or is it only guaranteed tuition?Got off the waitlist earlier today! This feels like a dream
I got a call a few days after I was accepted! Mostly just to answer questions and stuffI’m curious if anyone eventually called to discuss the acceptance, FA, etc?
I got full COA and pretty sure everyone does. Was surprised since the language on the website made me think otherwiseCongrats! Any idea if it is still full COA this year for everyone or is it only guaranteed tuition?
I got off the waitlist earlier today! I feel like they accepted me by mistake, and I'm scared to be completely happy about it until I hear from an actual admissions staff member. Also, shoutout to the person who declined their acceptance. You literally changed my life.
They have it all on their website here: Class of 2024 | Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicinemy MSAR expired and I never checked, can anyone tell me the percentiles for the gpa and mcat at Kaiser?
Crates12345
Full Member
do we think any more WL movement is gonna happen.. anyone got any intel into how many members in a fb group or groupme or whatever?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s awesome! congrats 🙂 a member of the 2024 class told me they waitlisted hundreds of peopleI got off the waitlist earlier today! I feel like they accepted me by mistake, and I'm scared to be completely happy about it until I hear from an actual admissions staff member. Also, shoutout to the person who declined their acceptance. You literally changed my life.
Crates12345
Full Member
JUST GOT OFF WAITLIST holy this isnt real
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY LETS GOOOOO CONGRATSSSS SEE U IN JULY????????JUST GOT OFF WAITLIST holy this isnt real
JUST GOT OFF WAITLIST holy this isnt real
LOL me tooooo!!! Hope to see u in July 😉thank you!!!!
nope i legit had no acceptances until May 3 when I was accepted to CUSM but still didn't PTE or CTE bc i was holding onto hope, thank god.
Good luck to everyone!! 🙂