2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.5ish cgpa 3.4ish sgpa, 506 mcat, IS. I received 9 interview invites so far and 2 A's, so at least ik I have somewhere to be next year. Wish I could get in somewhere in-state tho.
All you need 1 Acceptance. Hopefully you will get into IS school also. Yes being going to IS is an advantage as far as logistics and rotations. Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

whats your Stat, IS or OOS and when your portal changes . Lets hope AL have some movement this year. If AL has no movement then they end up in WL.
Portal changed Tuesday I believe as well

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted :D
Portal changed sometime Friday

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Portal changed Tuesday I believe as well
This is a super newbie question, but what exactly is the difference between waitlist and alternate list, if there even is a difference? From what I gather, it's better to be on the alternate list?

This is a super newbie question, but what exactly is the difference between waitlist and alternate list, if there even is a difference? From what I gather, it's better to be on the alternate list?
From what I've seen in previous years, there is no difference

Reactions: 1 user

The way it was explained to me by 1 MD Admission councilor is that they look at the AL every month when they come up with next set of acceptances but WL folks are looked at the end of cycle like in May if they have any open slots left. If a person stays on AL till the end then he or she moved to WL also.
To them a person on AL is qualified to be accepted but there are better qualified applicants who got accepted before that person. So if its me I would rather be on AL then WL.

79FD158D-60FE-44FD-90AD-0E5D512CDD27.jpeg

Should I be concerned about all these documents showing they aren't yet received?I completed my interview and my information session.

Just got the letter and my first acceptance! Best of luck to everyone waiting and I’m hoping for AL some movement!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
hey guys, alternate list & portal changed Tuesday. It looks like if it changed on Tuesday it’s alternate

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Mine changed Friday and I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet (Philadelphia). With my luck, I’ll probably ruin this theory and get an R 😂 but we’ll see!
I guess my theory has some weight. Happy for your acceptance.. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got mine, alternate list as well :/
So the next phase of acceptances will be coming out in mid Nov which they call regular acceptance and not early acceptance. i think some of the folks who are on AL might get accepted if they are better candidates then the folks in next group. Lets don't loose the hope.

Finally got my decision, got alternate list as well which honestly is better than an R xD. Good luck to everyone else

• Care
Just finished my asynchronous interview... jeez that was nerve-wracking... I feel like I fumbled a few answers, but overall I would say right down the middle... now I just wait? Will a decision be made before I attend the info session in October?
Do you remember any of the questions?

How can I prepare for the LECOM info session? Will applicants mostly just listen to the seminar? What should I be expecting?

How can I prepare for the LECOM info session? Will applicants mostly just listen to the seminar? What should I be expecting?
Read the pathway selection and maybe think of some questions. Its mostly just listening but a nice QnA with the Vice Chair and PBL students.

Should we send thank you notes after the info session?

Same here, nothing in the mail either. I wonder how the early decision deposit is going to work, we'd only have like 3 or 2.5 weeks to submit a deposit if they go through with the Nov 1st date :/

I have no words of advice just wanted to say your username and propic make me laugh every time they come up on my screen

I have been complete since 08/19. Would this be an appropriate time to call them about the status of my application or still wait for a while?

Portal just updated to:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

Anyone else receive the on-campus day email? Could that be a good sign lol

Portal just updated to:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

looks to me they doing acceptances in waves.

I got the on-campus email today and I was accepted last week. If you got that email I would say it’s safe to assume you got an A.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone who was alternate get the on campus email today? Or did only the accepted people get it?

Portal just updated to:

when was your zoom session?

If any of yall end up attending hit me up.. would love to get to know you guys :)

I’m still on the alternate list BUT I moved to Tampa this December after graduating with my boyfriend and after studying for the MCAT and applying I have no friends. If anyone wants to be friends please HMU 😭

I’m still on the alternate list BUT I moved to Tampa this December after graduating with my boyfriend and after studying for the MCAT and applying I have no friends. If anyone wants to be friends please HMU 😭
Hi friend! 🥰 I’m in largo. Would love to go out to dinner or something!