You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations!Accepted! Interviewed late October.
ACCEPTED! FIRST A EVER. Got the email to check the portal today, no call.
Edit: OOS, ties to state, interviewed second week of November.
Edit: OOS, ties to state, interviewed second week of November.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1103863
Quite late to report this, but also got an II on Dec 3rd as an OOS applicant! Stats in signature
I applied at the end of July, and it has been radio silence? Anyone else experiencing this?
SameI applied at the end of July, and it has been radio silence? Anyone else experiencing this?
D
deleted1123884
Congrats! Complete date and IS/OS?Received an II, an hour ago!
OOS, complete radio silence, does anyone know if UMSOM accepts updates letters?
glutenfreebabe
Full Member
Just got the A!!!!!! My student interviewer called me 🙂 totally wasn't expecting an answer so soon as I interviewed on 12/8/21!
Congrats!! That’s so amazing they obviously really wanted you to call so fast!Just got the A!!!!!! My student interviewer called me 🙂 totally wasn't expecting an answer so soon as I interviewed on 12/8/21!
A yesterday as well. Student interviewer called me. OOS URM II- 12/01
pintobeana
Beans
Is there an accepted students Facebook or chat group? ☺️
Has anyone heard from financial aid yet?
noodlechicken1
Full Member
Just got a hold email, pre-II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lieseldiesel
Full Member
+1. Is there any consensus on what a pre-II hold means here?Just got a hold email, pre-II.
+1, my 4th hold pre-II, on top of two more pre-II WL's. Ugh.Just got a hold email, pre-II.
When were you complete?Just got a hold email, pre-II.
+2 pre-II hold, complete end of July+1, my 4th hold pre-II, on top of two more pre-II WL's. Ugh.
End of July/Early AugustWhen were you complete?
Complete early September and haven't heard anything.Anyone complete end of Aug and just not heard anything?
What exactly did the hold email say? Did it explicitly say your application was on hold or was it an update that your application was under active review?
I just got an email that said my application was still under active review. I'm not sure if that is different than the hold email people are referencing above.What exactly did the hold email say? Did it explicitly say your application was on hold or was it an update that your application was under active review?
MotorLover
Full Member
Why do some people get holds / "active review" while others get silence? What does that mean?
I was complete in August. Radio silence.Anyone complete end of Aug and just not heard anything?
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
I was wondering the same thing. Does active review mean that they haven't yet reviewed our apps and plan to soon or that they are currently reviewing our app as we speak?Is the under active review email the same thing as the hold email? Or does the hold email actually say that you are on hold?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted late in Nov and got the review email today as well. Maybe that helps answer your question :\I was wondering the same thing. Does active review mean that they haven't yet reviewed our apps and plan to soon or that they are currently reviewing our app as we speak?
I got the email too and it seemed like a bulk email. Like it's probably not app-specific they're just emailing everyone who applied and hasn't heard back letting them know the committee is behind but still going?I was wondering the same thing. Does active review mean that they haven't yet reviewed our apps and plan to soon or that they are currently reviewing our app as we speak?
Seems odd that we got it at different times though.I got the email too and it seemed like a bulk email. Like it's probably not app-specific they're just emailing everyone who applied and hasn't heard back letting them know the committee is behind but still going?
It said that, its been a long time since you submitted and wanted to provide you with an update. “At this time, your app is under active review.”can anyone copy and paste this active review email if they're comfortable doing so? Just want to see if it's similar to the hold email many of us received a few weeks ago in November
It doesn’t mention anything about being on hold.
Yeah can confirm mine said this too.It said that, its been a long time since you submitted and wanted to provide you with an update. “At this time, your app is under active review.”
It doesn’t mention anything about being on hold.
lostkoalas
Full Member
Should I give up hope of receiving an II now if I haven’t even been reviewed yet? No R or hold or anything, as of now…and submitted 08/30. Does anyone know what criteria they use to determine order of app review?
Got an email saying my app is still under active review
When were u complete?Got an email saying my app is still under active review
9/5When were u complete?
premed0005
Full Member
was placed on hold back in November. is there still a chance to get an interview this late in the game?? has anyone been taken off of hold recently?
I dont think they are done getting through the people who were not placed on hold yet.was placed on hold back in November. is there still a chance to get an interview this late in the game?? has anyone been taken off of hold recently?
siloaddict
Full Member
Any tips for UMaryland interview? They emailed me that the interview was going to be in the afternoon (RIP I like morning times). How did that go for you all? (And was it only one interviewer?)
Thanks and best of luck to you all
Thanks and best of luck to you all
siloaddict
Full Member
also, it seems like many november applicants got interviews for feb? I got my invite later than this and earliest date was late jan. any thoughts to why?unexpected II just now! OOS. Scheduled for Feb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they are. It wouldnt make sense for them to send out those active review emails in end of Dec/early Jan and have no II waves after it. But again, only the adcoms know lolIs Maryland still sending out interview invites? I know they finish their interview session in February.
there were probably some cancellations from applicants who withdrew after getting into another school they liked better so you were able to grab one of those newly opened slots!!also, it seems like many november applicants got interviews for feb? I got my invite later than this and earliest date was late jan. any thoughts to why?
next week and into first week of Feb, looking at prev. yearsDo you all know when Maryland will release the admissions decision for the January 10th interviews?