2021-2022 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @mole-cool for sharing this year's questions!

2021-2022 Michigan State Secondary Essay prompts: (different than last year's)
  1. Describe where you envision yourself and what you’ll be doing in 10 years. What do you realistically hope will be your most significant accomplishment by that time? (500 words)
  2. American society may be facing a watershed moment as it reckons with various systemic injustices. Use the space below to share your thoughts about this statement (500 w)
  3. Use the space below to reflect upon your COVID-19 public health crisis experiences, challenges, and/or insights. (500 w)
  4. If you could present yourself to the Committee on Admissions, what would you want to make sure they knew about you? (500 w)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spectrum Health will be merging with Beaumont Health (OUWB)! Could be big news especially for those at the Grand Rapids campus

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Received at 3 AM—but the transaction page for the fee isn't working :/

Hi, can someone please post the secondary questions here? I’m having IT issues and so I can’t proceed to seeing the prompts. Thank you!

Hi, can someone please post the secondary questions here? I’m having IT issues and so I can’t proceed to seeing the prompts. Thank you!
  1. Describe where you envision yourself and what you’ll be doing in 10 years. What do you realistically hope will be your most significant accomplishment by that time? (500 words)
  2. American society may be facing a watershed moment as it reckons with various systemic injustices. Use the space below to share your thoughts about this statement (500 w)
  3. Use the space below to reflect upon your COVID-19 public health crisis experiences, challenges, and/or insights. (500 w)
  4. If you could present yourself to the Committee on Admissions, what would you want to make sure they knew about you? (500 w)

Am I dumb? I can't see how to access the prompts or how to pay the fee

Am I dumb? I can't see how to access the prompts or how to pay the fee
I’m having the same issue but I thought it was just an IT issue with my profile! I sent them an email already but no response yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Our application vendor was working on updates for the 2022 cycle, and they accidentally turned on the auto-invite for the secondary application. However, the secondary application will not be available until Monday, July 12, 2021."

Reactions: 7 users

Were these the questions from last year? This thread just mentioned that secondary applications won't be available until July 12th so I'm just curious on how you know these are the right questions for this cycle.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Were you able to access the questions? These seem to be very different from their past questions both in length and content.

Reactions: 1 user
Were you able to access the questions? These seem to be very different from their past questions both in length and content.
Legit, if this is real my prewriting is certainly not gonna cut it lol

"Our application vendor was working on updates for the 2022 cycle, and they accidentally turned on the auto-invite for the secondary application. However, the secondary application will not be available until Monday, July 12, 2021."
Does this mean that everyone received that email so we don't know who will actually be invited to complete a secondary?

Does this mean that everyone received that email so we don't know who will actually be invited to complete a secondary?
From what I know, they do not screen before secondaries. So if you submitted a primary and are above their gpa and MCAT cutoff you’ll get a secondary

I can still access the portal and questions. I also just received the email regarding their "accidental" invite, not sure if this means anything or if the prompts will be the same :/

I can still access the portal and questions. I also just received the email regarding their "accidental" invite, not sure if this means anything or if the prompts will be the same :/
That’s so strange, thanks for sharing them though!

What's the deal with the altus group tests for MSU CHM? Do they consider the snapshot and duet component or are they just looking at the Casper test itself?

What's the deal with the altus group tests for MSU CHM? Do they consider the snapshot and duet component or are they just looking at the Casper test itself?
I actually emailed them about this cause I didn't want to do snapshot and duet if I didn't have to and they said that they only look at the Casper score, not the other two.

Reactions: 1 users
How do I pay for the secondary? I am so confused.

Assuming the 'Describe where you envision yourself and what you’ll be doing in 10 years. What do you realistically hope will be your most significant accomplishment by that time?' question is legit, do you guys think roping in some 'why MSU' would be appropriate, as in how their school would help you accomplish x, y, and z?

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else not able to pay for the secondary on the portal? I can't seem to find the Payment button under the Secondary Application Fee tab.

Secondary accessed and submitted, but CASPer still marked unreceived. I'm assuming they will download them on their own time!

I am still unable to access the portal for secondaries. Anybody else having issues?

What are the questions?
The ones listed above!

For those waiting on CASPer receipt:

“There is a technical issue between CASPer and our application vendor, that is not allowing any scores to be downloaded. It should be resolved next week!”

From Admissions!

Did any of you receive an email yesterday or did you just log into the portal from the link they accidentally sent a couple weeks ago?

Did any of you receive an email yesterday or did you just log into the portal from the link they accidentally sent a couple weeks ago?
I am still able to access the portal link they sent a couple weeks ago and I have not received another link for secondary invite since then. So I guess I can just submit my secondary using this link??

I am still able to access the portal link they sent a couple weeks ago and I have not received another link for secondary invite since then. So I guess I can just submit my secondary using this link??
same, but I still can't access the questions

Hey guys, I have received secondaries for all school but for MSU. Is it possible that I have been screened out?

1. Use the space below to reflect upon your COVID-19 public health crisis experiences, challenges, and/or insights. (500 w)
^ I can't tell if this is a classic explain your COVID19 disruptions (academic, research, work) or if they want us to reflect on the world events that took place... anyone else?

1. Use the space below to reflect upon your COVID-19 public health crisis experiences, challenges, and/or insights. (500 w)
^ I can't tell if this is a classic explain your COVID19 disruptions (academic, research, work) or if they want us to reflect on the world events that took place... anyone else?
Agreed. Unclear. I think I will just mention some thoughts and life changes. Nothing impacted studies etc but small reflection just in case??

It says YOUR experiences, challenges, and or insights. It’s about you - not the world.

Does anyone have any ideas about how are we supposed to approach the 2nd prompt?

I paid my application fee and still cannot access the prompts. What should I do?

any body else submitted the secodnary last week and dont have their casper score checked off?