2021-2022 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the wait-list today!
Congrats! I’m jealous. When did you interview? Update letter?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I’m jealous. When did you interview? Update letter?
Thanks! I interviewed on 12/8. I didn't send an update letter but I did send a thank you letter when I interviewed if that matters. If you have other questions just let me know!

Reactions: 5 users
Admitted off the waitlist today too. 1st and only MD acceptance, absolutely stoked to be going.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just committed to enroll the other week and I'm pretty excited to start. I got a confirmation email from AMCAS but I haven't heard anything from SLU directly. Is there anything more for me to do or do I just wait now?

Just committed to enroll the other week and I'm pretty excited to start. I got a confirmation email from AMCAS but I haven't heard anything from SLU directly. Is there anything more for me to do or do I just wait now?
I’m unsure of the timeline for this, but in the days following my amcas confirmation I got an email for fin aid. If you had your fafsa filled out to include SLU and your file is complete then I think that email should be coming shortly. You should also get an email sometime soon to get you connected to SLU’s student portal as well as their Facebook group.

Are there any current medical students here that are willing to answer some of my questions about the school? I'm especially interested to hear more about the research opportunities available for students (have been reading that there's not as much as compared to WashU) :(

Are there any current medical students here that are willing to answer some of my questions about the school? I'm especially interested to hear more about the research opportunities available for students (have been reading that there's not as much as compared to WashU) :(

Not a medical student but I am PTE’d here. I think firstly you have to realize you're attempting to compare SLU to a T5 school. Yes, WashU has more research opportunities than essentially 99% of USMD programs.

I think the better way to look at it is that SLU has a home program for essentially every specialty which allows you to connect and network early to look for research in whatever specialty interests you have. IN ADDITION, SLU neighbors a T5 institution (literally a park separating the two). I'd bet with a bit of self-driven initiative you could finesse some research in partnership with students and faculty at WashU

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just got off the WL last night! I interviewed in early November. I’ll be declining this one, but good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone just get an email reconfirming their place on the waitlist?

Got off the waitlist yesterday and accepted my offer on AMCAS today! Interviewed early Feb. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for SLU to send along forms?

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew from the waitlist today, good luck to everyone else SLU seems like an amazing school!

Not a medical student but I am PTE’d here. I think firstly you have to realize you're attempting to compare SLU to a T5 school. Yes, WashU has more research opportunities than essentially 99% of USMD programs.

I think the better way to look at it is that SLU has a home program for essentially every specialty which allows you to connect and network early to look for research in whatever specialty interests you have. IN ADDITION, SLU neighbors a T5 institution (literally a park separating the two). I'd bet with a bit of self-driven initiative you could finesse some research in partnership with students and faculty at WashU
"I'd bet with a bit of self-driven initiative you could finesse some research in partnership with students and faculty at WashU" Yeah the M2s I talked to on my interview day said SLU students regularly do research at WashU

SLU is the only school I didn’t get an R from, and I interviewed in Mid-February and it seemed to go well. I’m also a St. Louis native, to here’s to hoping we all have turn our alternate lists to acceptances.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got off the waitlist right now. Interviewed feb 1st

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the acceptance email, only acceptance and I am STOKED. I woke up early thismorning to submit apps to TMDSAS and I was gearing up for CASPER, AMCAS and AACOMAS.

• Love
Congrats!! Did you guys submit updates?

Congrats!! Did you guys submit updates?
Yeah, I probably went overboard but I sent updates throughout the cycle and last Friday I sent a letter of intent, sprinkled wit updates. My logic was that it couldn’t hurt, and even if it wouldn’t help it was a way that I could get my name out there a month before AMCAS opens

Yeah, I probably went overboard but I sent updates throughout the cycle and last Friday I sent a letter of intent, sprinkled wit updates. My logic was that it couldn’t hurt, and even if it wouldn’t help it was a way that I could get my name out there a month before AMCAS opens
How did you find new things to tell them for every update lol? I sent like 3, last one a few months ago, but I have nothing new to say.

How did you find new things to tell them for every update lol? I sent like 3, last one a few months ago, but I have nothing new to say.
I’ve sent at least 8 since my interview. New grades, application updates, a research poster I presented, a letter of continued interest(since I sent my LOI before I even got an interview), the honors and scholarship I’ve won during the cycle, and my last update is gonna be my grades for this semester(but I got my first B(+) in a philosophy course ever, so it couldn’t have come at a worse time)

By far the hardest school to Withdraw from. Withdrew today, hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

WOOOO I just got accepted off the waitlist!! 🔥🔥🔥

I absolutely love this school, but I have another acceptance that fits me a little better, so I'm withdrawing my A. Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know conclusively if we’ll need to take a drug test? I know a lot of med schools require them, but I haven’t heard anything from SLU about it officially

I’m feeling movement has basically stopped correct? I was talking to a friend who went to Notre Dame and he said he’s waitlisted at SLU even tho he’s already gotten into IU… not taking that as a good sign

• Sad
I flew out to St Louis a few days ago to finalize housing, and I gotta say, the city is awesome, the school is awesome. Class of 2026 I’m so excited for this!