2021-2022 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they send that to the email associated with AMCAS? Wondering because I never got that one
From AMCAS yea.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when SLU starts accepting people off the waitlist? I think last year it was in April, but not sure.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
According to their website, they DO reject applicants post interview. It's just weird how it rarely (if ever) gets reported here...

Reactions: 1 user
According to their website, they DO reject applicants post interview. It's just weird how it rarely (if ever) gets reported here...
This seems to be pretty common at many of the schools where I interviewed. On the websites for these schools, it says that they do reject post interview but they are never really reported on SDN. I think many schools might use them for extremely egregious behavior during the interviews (more applicable when they were in person)

Accepted today, interviewed early Feb., was pleasantly surprised by how much I fell in love with SLUSOM during the interview process!

• Love
Is there normally a lot of movement for the alternate list at SLU? Alternate list today, interview February 1st.

Withdrew my acceptance a few days ago, best of luck to you all 💛

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know approximately what % of the WL that they accept? Or accepted last year?

Does anyone know when financial aid packages are being released?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance, hoping one of y’all get good news earlier than expected!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone. I accepted my offer back in mid Oct but have decided to attend another medical school. I want one of you to get that A from the WL, so does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance officially? I cannot really find out how to do that online.

Hey everyone. I accepted my offer back in mid Oct but have decided to attend another medical school. I want one of you to get that A from the WL, so does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance officially? I cannot really find out how to do that online.
PMed you, but just in case others would like to know: You can email admissions directly at [email protected]

Have any of those accepted received or still not received their financial aid package? I spoke with admissions and they said they do not think most of those packages have been sent out however the kind lady I spoke with in the financial aid office seemed confused and acted as if all federal aid offers had already been made available.

Have any of those accepted received or still not received their financial aid package? I spoke with admissions and they said they do not think most of those packages have been sent out however the kind lady I spoke with in the financial aid office seemed confused and acted as if all federal aid offers had already been made available.
I was accepted in November and I haven’t received any info about a financial aid package!

I was accepted in November and I haven’t received any info about a financial aid package!
Does anyone know when financial aid packages are being released?
My financial aid package is now listed on my Banner account under the "Student" --> "Financial Aid" tab at this time. I do not know if they've finalized merit-based scholarships or anything need-based yet however. Everything now on there is just full COA covered by FAFSA related federal aid. Thought I would update you both!

My fin aid is also on the portal. I did not get an email but my package does show a merit scholarship!

Reactions: 1 users
My fin aid is also on the portal. I did not get an email but my package does show a merit scholarship!
@Mikiras that's awesome! Just curious; were you accepted normally or off of the alternate list? I'm on the WL and wondering if schools consider waitlist-ees for scholarships.

@Mikiras that's awesome! Just curious; were you accepted normally or off of the alternate list? I'm on the WL and wondering if schools consider waitlist-ees for scholarships.
they consider those on the waitlist for scholarships. My close friend got off the waitlist last year and got a scholarship

Attended Slusom second look. They did a great job making acceptees feel welcome. Impressive hospital facilities and picturesque new research building! Faculty was very helpful even reaching out and spending time answering questions from my folks as they picked me up.

PS: Faculty member said only 3 out of around 181 didn't get their match this year!

Short Video on SLUSOM: Watch!

Last edited:
I gotta say I've had some really disappointing interactions with the admin at SLU. I don't want to put it down but it's definitely not a good fit for me so I will be withdrawing from the WL. Hopefully it helps someone out.

I gotta say I've had some really disappointing interactions with the admin at SLU. I don't want to put it down but it's definitely not a good fit for me so I will be withdrawing from the WL. Hopefully it helps someone out.
If I can ask, what makes you feel this way?

You are the first I have heard say this and with no explanation. Perhaps getting accepted at USF changed your mind?

You are the first I have heard say this and with no explanation. Perhaps getting accepted at USF changed your mind?
TBF I think it was things mostly associated with the MD/PhD program and not the regular MD admissions but I don't want to get into it too much and dox myself. Very uncommunicative in general (super delayed/no responses to normal questions) and it was just frustrating. Particularly when compared to other schools I was WLed/Accepted to.

TBF I think it was things mostly associated with the MD/PhD program and not the regular MD admissions but I don't want to get into it too much and dox myself. Very uncommunicative in general (super delayed/no responses to normal questions) and it was just frustrating. Particularly when compared to other schools I was WLed/Accepted to.
The new research building is phenomenal. I visited it a couple weeks ago. I had nothing but great communication from them throughout. Best wishes to you in your journey!

SLU has been nothing but amazing in my experience since receiving an II from them.

Anybody else got an email confirming alternate list status? Whew my heart was racing. 😭

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody else got an email confirming alternate list status? Whew my heart was racing. 😭
I also received it, but I didn't get excited because I'm ~low key~ very dead on the inside lol

Last edited:
Just withdrew my A -- good luck to the SLUSOM c/o 2026!

• Care
To the SLU class of 2026, we reluctantly have to bid you adieu as we are in process of giving up our acceptance. SLU is such a fine school and we know 100% you will be highly successful in your quest to become a fine physician.

Hence another seat is now available. Best wishes

Last edited:
I was planning on committing to enroll today, but I don't see the button in the portal. I withdrew my WL spot from a different school yesterday (and I got the confirmation from them that they withdrew me), but they're still showing up in the portal as "alternate list." Is the button not available because SLU makes it available on a different day, or could it be due to this WL thing still being there?

I was planning on committing to enroll today, but I don't see the button in the portal. I withdrew my WL spot from a different school yesterday (and I got the confirmation from them that they withdrew me), but they're still showing up in the portal as "alternate list." Is the button not available because SLU makes it available on a different day, or could it be due to this WL thing still being there?
commit to enroll opens on may 2nd since april 30th fell on a weekend