2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete on August 2nd and still have not gone under review

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the post-interview stats for this school? I know that there's the interview outcome tracker but Tulane isn't listed. It seems like most schools seem to accept 1.5-2x the amount of people they have in a class so since Tulane interviews around 600 and has a class of around 180-200, it seems like they'll accept around 400-450?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know the post-interview stats for this school? I know that there's the interview outcome tracker but Tulane isn't listed. It seems like most schools seem to accept 1.5-2x the amount of people they have in a class so since Tulane interviews around 600 and has a class of around 180-200, it seems like they'll accept around 400-450?
+1

Keep in mind that last year, their applications rose to a 30% increase from the previous year compared to the normal 3% annual increase. That was pretty standard for all medical schools which meant that WL movement was exceptionally low last year. If there is any sort of turnover from reapplicants from last year applying again this year, it is likely that WL movement will again stagnate this year resulting in a lower total amount of accepted applicants. I'd say that you should expect 250 acceptances total this year

Keep in mind that last year, their applications rose to a 30% increase from the previous year compared to the normal 3% annual increase. That was pretty standard for all medical schools which meant that WL movement was exceptionally low last year. If there is any sort of turnover from reapplicants from last year applying again this year, it is likely that WL movement will again stagnate this year resulting in a lower total amount of accepted applicants. I'd say that you should expect 250 acceptances total this year
but that shouldn't affect the total number of acceptances right? Or are you saying that because applicants last year were holding onto As instead of declining them, they'll just issue less acceptances in general?

but that shouldn't affect the total number of acceptances right? Or are you saying that because applicants last year were holding onto As instead of declining them, they'll just issue less acceptances in general?
It affects the amount of WL movement which in turn affects the overall amount of acceptances they give out. Lower WL movement = less overall acceptances. If in a normal year 100 of Tulane's A's come from the WL, but then one year there is historically low WL movement, that means that there will be less A's given off the WL and lower the total amount of A's they give out for that cycle. Last year since there was a 30% jump in applications, there was historically low WL movement which means the total amount of A's tulane gave out is lower than normal.

It affects the amount of WL movement which in turn affects the overall amount of acceptances they give out. Lower WL movement = less overall acceptances. If in a normal year 100 of Tulane's A's come from the WL, but then one year there is historically low WL movement, that means that there will be less A's given off the WL and lower the total amount of A's they give out for that cycle. Last year since there was a 30% jump in applications, there was historically low WL movement which means the total amount of A's tulane gave out is lower than normal.
Right, but I'm basing most of this on last year's outcomes (2020-21) which was the year with less WL movement. Low yield schools like Georgetown and GW accepted about 1.8x the applicants as they matriculated so I wouldn't necessarily put Tulane at 250 As but maybe 300-350

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my “under review” email today and submitted secondary 8/1.

Reactions: 2 users
II today OOS! Under review 8/17

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Submitted 8/9. No under review email yet
I submitted 8/6 and still haven't gotten the under review email yet. My guess is things are kinda slow because of the hurricane. I'm in Nola rn and my internet isn't the fastest.

you'll probably get it soon, I got my under review email yesterday and I submitted 8/2
Thank you! I am sure they are very backed up due to Hurricane Ida. I am from MS, and the med school there is also very delayed due to COVID pts flooding the hospital. The south is struggling rn

I submitted 8/6 and still haven't gotten the under review email yet. My guess is things are kinda slow because of the hurricane. I'm in Nola rn and my internet isn't the fastest.
I was thinking the same. I am from MS and the med school there is very delayed due to COVID pts

Does the "under review" email suggest you may potentially receive an interview invitation?
Is being placed as "under review" a good thing?

Does the "under review" email suggest you may potentially receive an interview invitation?
I think for Tulane it simply means that they are reviewing your application and will make a decision about how to proceed in the coming weeks (emphasis on plural weeks).

Reactions: 1 users
being under review is a good thing because it means they are actually looking at your file. Could lead to a R or an II. I got my II 10 days after being under review although that was before the hurricane

I think for Tulane it simply means that they are reviewing your application and will make a decision about how to proceed in the coming weeks (emphasis on plural weeks).
Can confirm. Been under review for a month.

Put on hold for possible interview today. Complete on 7/28 and under review on 8/18.

Put on hold? Does this mean they have already filled up all their interview spots? ahhhhhhhh
No some schools give rolling holds. Even to people who they review first. It basically means that they will circle back to your application once they have a better sense of how the cycle is progressing in terms of them meeting their admissions goals

can vary anywhere from a soft R to a genuine re-review.

No some schools give rolling holds. Even to people who they review first. It basically means that they will circle back to your application once they have a better sense of how the cycle is progressing in terms of them meeting their admissions goals

can vary anywhere from a soft R to a genuine re-review.
Thanks for that explanation! I didn't know schools did that, so I was disappointed thinking I had missed my chance!

8/2 complete, still not under review

8/2 complete, still not under review
Last year they did blocks of apps not by date. for this reason, some people went under review very fast, and took longer for others! do not worry.

Complete 8/2 and just received the “under review” email. So weird they’re sending out emails on a Sunday

Also complete 8/2 and still haven't received an "under review" email :unsure: