2021-2022 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean it took a potato amount of time to get under review so idk if a race of speed is on a list of things I could win right now chief 😆
certainly not with that attitude
Canelo Alvarez Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports
 
How do you guys know when you are under review? I was complete 9/20, and received the email saying I would see a "red exclamation point" next to my status until my app was assigned to a reviewer, at which point my status would turn to a green check and I am considered "under review". I have never seen a red exclamation point - it has always just been a green check....
 
How do you guys know when you are under review? I was complete 9/20, and received the email saying I would see a "red exclamation point" next to my status until my app was assigned to a reviewer, at which point my status would turn to a green check and I am considered "under review". I have never seen a red exclamation point - it has always just been a green check....
If you read some of the earlier posts in this thread. The red exclamation point or check mark or whatever isn't a thing this year. They will email you when you are under review.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
been under review since 9/30 after being complete 9/1. think i should send an update? maybe mention that started a new research position, had some great clinical experiences, and that i got engaged and were moving to nola bc she got accepted to nursing school? or is that too personal
 
been under review since 9/30 after being complete 9/1. think i should send an update? maybe mention that started a new research position, had some great clinical experiences, and that i got engaged and were moving to nola bc she got accepted to nursing school? or is that too personal


One thing I’ve noticed about Tulane (from an applicant perspective) is that they just do their own thing and in their own time lol. That is honestly one of the things I find most attractive about TU. They are comfortable in their own brand. Never trying to be the Harvard or Yale of the South. Just Tulane and their brand of excellence for the Gulf region. In all seriousness, When it comes to UR, II and other decisions they move at their own pace.

In terms of providing updates, I’m unsure of whether or not it actually helps. But none of us here are on the admissions team to give a definitive answer.

I do recommend an email of interest with academic updates. Pre-interview invite however I would probably stay away from talking about the new engagement and romance stuff. But congrats nonetheless!


If it makes you feel any better , I saw someone on instagram asking for an interview in the comment section.

No shame in this process. Closed mouths don’t get fed or however the saying goes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an idea of the post-II acceptance %?
I have searching high and low for that information. I'm anticipating that they will accept 2x matriculation number (roughly 380). With that in mind, I would assume a 63% post-II Acceptance rate. Does anyone have objections to that theory?
 
Those stats also probably include the ED people so it's probably lower, granted so does the 600 total interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad