You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
songbird779
New Member
II 11/10 OOS so I'm pumped!
workingpremed
New Member
Congrats!!! When did you go under review??II 11/10 OOS so I'm pumped!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
msssjuicybabayy
Full Member
yes I am still not under review 😳Anyone else complete 8/12 and still not under review? Any suggestions on if I should I reach out?
songbird779
New Member
8/12, secondary completed on 8/4Congrats!!! When did you go under review??
Phase Rush
Full Member
Submitted late August, still not under review
Pretty sure the class of 2026 will complete residency before my app gets looked at
Pretty sure the class of 2026 will complete residency before my app gets looked at
Yes, web site states my application is ready, nothing about under review yet, was complete mid August. Would love the chance to attend Tulane.Anyone else complete 8/12 and still not under review? Any suggestions on if I should I reach out?
I was complete 8/12 as well! Just went under review this evening. Did not reach out or anything.Anyone else complete 8/12 and still not under review? Any suggestions on if I should I reach out?
Last year a little over 600 people interviewed and 190 matriculatedDoes anybody know how many students a year typically interview and accept?
D
deleted1113018
Complete 08/22, silence (still not under review)
+1 I'm curious too. I saw a few people saying it's very laid back but I interviewed with Shreveport a while back and I don't know how you get more laid back than that. LolPreparing for my interview! Was wondering how it was for everyone (strictly formal, professional but conversational, etc.) and approximately how long it was? Was it with professors, administrators, med students, etc?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have an idea of what the post II acceptance rate is? I’ve looked and it’s not published. Some suggest it’s above 70% but I’m not sure if this a result of certain guaranteed programs
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
I'm not familiar with the lingo, do you mean after the interview?Does anybody have an idea of what the post II acceptance rate is? I’ve looked and it’s not published. Some suggest it’s above 70% but I’m not sure if this a result of certain guaranteed programs
it seems to be about 30%, no?
I think it was 600 invite and 190 accepted
Check my post history I linked the MSAR image there.
Last edited:
Mine was after 5 weeksFor those of you that got accepted regular MD: did you receive your acceptance within 3-6 weeks of interviewing or was it outside that window?
You have to also take into account the people who got accepted and did not ultimately matriculate (they got multiple A's). Some med schools can take up to 2-3 accepts for one eventual matriculant.I'm a boomer and not familiar with the lingo, do you mean after the interview?
it seems to be about 30%, no?
I think it was 600 invite and 190 accepted
Check my post history I linked the MSAR image there.
Is what Shreveport's was like but this one has been the most laid back one I've had so far. Everyone very very friendly and time went by very quickly and I left excited about the opportunity! (I interview back in September and got the A 5 weeks after)+1 I'm curious too. I saw a few people saying it's very laid back but I interviewed with Shreveport a while back and I don't know how you get more laid back than that. Lol
I was thinking 400 acceptances for ~190 spots. However, I know that there are linkage programs and guaranteed acceptance programs for tulane undergrads (ex. Creative scholars). So by the time people interview, there could significantly less than 190 open spots left.I'm a boomer and not familiar with the lingo, do you mean after the interview?
it seems to be about 30%, no?
I think it was 600 invite and 190 accepted
Check my post history I linked the MSAR image there.
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
ah youre right!You have to also take into account the people who got accepted and did not ultimately matriculate (they got multiple A's). Some med schools can take up to 2-3 accepts for one eventual matriculant.
complete 8/26 and still not under review. I'm assuming they're still reviewing secondaries for early august based on the chain?
they don't go in chronological ordercomplete 8/26 and still not under review. I'm assuming they're still reviewing secondaries for early august based on the chain?
D
deleted1075526
Does anyone know why Tulane gets so many applications each year? I'm really curious.
Does anyone know why Tulane gets so many applications each year? I'm really curious.
They’re a really good medical school in a desirable location.
D
deleted1075526
True. But I've done some research and there are also a lot of schools in similar (and perhaps, better?) locations that don't get over 10k+ applications.They’re a really good medical school in a desirable location.
True. But I've done some research and there are also a lot of schools in similar (and perhaps, better?) locations that don't get over 10k+ applications.
This is 100% all speculation and probably wrong but
Maybe there aren’t that many schools with those stat ranges in the south, compared to the northeast or the west?
So they will get more apps cause there’s less schools to apply to for someone who has good stats and wants to live in a “desirable” area in the south.
D
deleted1075526
That's plausible. Thanks for the reply!This is 100% all speculation and probably wrong but
Maybe there aren’t that many schools with those stat ranges in the south, compared to the northeast or the west?
So they will get more apps cause there’s less schools to apply to for someone who has good stats and wants to live in a “desirable” area in the south.
Most of their class is out of state, they're a relatively good school in a desirable location, and they take a wide variety of stats. A lot of people just add Tulane when they're applying to apply broadly for these reasons. For a similar reason, Miami has numbers very close to Tulane I think. They're considered a low yield school like Rush, Drexel, Rosalind Franklin ect, who also get a lot of applications.This is 100% all speculation and probably wrong but
Maybe there aren’t that many schools with those stat ranges in the south, compared to the northeast or the west?
So they will get more apps cause there’s less schools to apply to for someone who has good stats and wants to live in a “desirable” area in the sout
In the South, if you exclude Texas, there is UAB (which is a state school), Emory and Vanderbilt (very high stat schools) as the high ranking schools with relatively desirable living areas to name a few.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II hold today 🙁
complete date?Pre-II hold today 🙁
Pre-II hold today as well. Complete 8/2 and went under review 9/28
complete 9/8, under review email yesterday 11/14
shawnmendes
Full Member
complete 8/12 under review 11/3
hello, pls excuse my ignorance but what does "acceptance range" mean?Acceptance range just now, interviewed first week of September
D
deleted1109225
Another way to say hold, I believe.hello, pls excuse my ignorance but what does "acceptance range" mean?
Another way to say hold, I believe.
think it's more like a waitlist if anything else.hello, pls excuse my ignorance but what does "acceptance range" mean?
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
It's a waitlist (according to the tulane med website)hello, pls excuse my ignorance but what does "acceptance range" mean?
student306
Full Member
yepany other early-mid September interview people still waiting to hear back?
student306
Full Member
After y'all got the under review email how long did it take to hear back anything else
like 3-4 weeks ishAfter y'all got the under review email how long did it take to hear back anything else
I've been under review for two months nowAfter y'all got the under review email how long did it take to hear back anything else
I've been under review for almost 1.5 months as wellI've been under review for two months now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
narrowlytailored
Full Member
Any early-October interviewees hear anything per chance?
II today! complete 8/7 under review 10/11 LM 75
nopeAny early-October interviewees hear anything per chance?
msssjuicybabayy
Full Member
same....complete 8/19 and still not under review, should i call / email?