-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone who interviewed 10/7 heard anything yet?
goatboy5611
Full Member
I interviewed on 9/23 without word. You might be waiting a bit.Anyone who interviewed 10/7 heard anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interviewed the second week of September and silence so farAnyone who interviewed 10/7 heard anything yet?
D
deleted853360
Is anyone else who was complete early August still not under review yet?
Anyone who interviewed 10/7 heard anything yet?
I interviewed on 9/23 without word. You might be waiting a bit.interviewed the second week of September and silence so far
Yeah, one more data point - I interviewed 09/09. Haven't heard back yet.
Same here. I guess we just have to keep hanging in there?? ;-;Is anyone else who was complete early August still not under review yet?
Can anyone who’s interviewed already talk about how the vibe was? Tulane is one of my top schools for sure because of its community commitment, so I’m getting nervous. I’ve heard that during the one on ones they genuinely try to get to know you, how true is this?
goatboy5611
Full Member
They are great people who are more concerned about getting to know you than they are about grilling you for meaningless information. I appreciated it.Can anyone who’s interviewed already talk about how the vibe was? Tulane is one of my top schools for sure because of its community commitment, so I’m getting nervous. I’ve heard that during the one on ones they genuinely try to get to know you, how true is this?
Thanks so much for this! This really calms my nerves hahaThey are great people who are more concerned about getting to know you than they are about grilling you for meaningless information. I appreciated it.
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
:/, when were you under review, if you do not mind me asking.Put on hold yesterday
D
deleted853360
Finally under review. Complete early August
A today! Interviewed 9/15, sent an update on 10/27
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Any Canadian students under review yet? Been complete since August and haven't heard anything
workingpremed
New Member
Congrats!!! Can I ask what you updated them on? I feel like until grades come out, I don't have anything newsworthyA today! Interviewed 9/15, sent an update on 10/27
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Similar to @workingpremed 's question, I was wondering if a poster presentation that I have done recently is enough for an update?
yepAre all interviews virtual again this year?
Publication and I raised thousands of dollars for my neighbors who lost their roof during Hurricane IdaCongrats!!! Can I ask what you updated them on? I feel like until grades come out, I don't have anything newsworthy
Emoryorbust
Full Member
Does anybody have any idea how many applicants get put on hold for II and of those how many actually get interviews? Also, how do I become one of them?
My application was complete 8/12. Should I expect to get an email saying I am under review? I noticed in the complete email it says that there will be a red exclamation point that remains until I'm assigned a screener, at which point the exclamation point will turn to a green check mark and I will be considered under review. It only says I will receive an email once a decision is made on my application. Am I under review because I have the green check mark, or not under review because I never got an under review email? Thanks!
Just got my pre-II hold email today. I got the under review email on October 11th.Hello! Any Canadian students under review yet? Been complete since August and haven't heard anything
They seem to have re-designed their portal so those same graphics are no longer a part of it.My application was complete 8/12. Should I expect to get an email saying I am under review? I noticed in the complete email it says that there will be a red exclamation point that remains until I'm assigned a screener, at which point the exclamation point will turn to a green check mark and I will be considered under review. It only says I will receive an email once a decision is made on my application. Am I under review because I have the green check mark, or not under review because I never got an under review email? Thanks!
See earlier comment here: #967
treblemaker97
Full Member
under review today, complete 8/11
To those who interviewed, approximately what time did you receive your zoom links? Interviewing 11/11 and still haven't received mine... emailed admissions and they said they would still send them out today but i mean it's already past the end of the business day so 🤷♂️
EDIT: lol well they decided to send them out at 10 pm
EDIT: lol well they decided to send them out at 10 pm
Last edited:
I got mine in the middle of the day one week before my interview, which was today. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Probably just reach out tomorrow if they don’t send one by tonight.To those who interviewed, approximately what time did you receive your zoom links? Interviewing 11/11 and still haven't received mine... emailed admissions and they said they would still send them out today but i mean it's already past the end of the business day so 🤷♂️
Jesus Christ, almost 3 months lol. I submitted 10/8 so I should just come back to this thread in 2022 huh? lmaounder review today, complete 8/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
They never said you could/could not, but I emailed one anyway though they did not reply, which is expected.Anyone who has already had their II send a thank you letter to their interviewers? Does Tulane even accept them?
D
deleted1075526
For real! Submitted secondary in early September and I've almost forgotten that I even applied here. Our time will come soon, we just have to be patient🙂Jesus Christ, almost 3 months lol. I submitted 10/8 so I should just come back to this thread in 2022 huh? lmao
Singular Banana
Full Member
Is it bad if I don't see a red exclamation mark? Where exactly do I find that?
Is it bad if I don't see a red exclamation mark? Where exactly do I find that?
Don’t pay attention to that this year. It’s a remnant from last year. They will email you when you are under review
Singular Banana
Full Member
Ahhh I see. Appreciate you 🙂Don’t pay attention to that this year. It’s a remnant from last year. They will email you when you are under review
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
Does anyone know how the patient thing works?
Esp now that its online how do they have that set up?
Thanks
Esp now that its online how do they have that set up?
Thanks
I emailed thank you notes (interviewers gave me their emails). Never heard back but it doesn’t hurtAnyone who has already had their II send a thank you letter to their interviewers? Does Tulane even accept them?
Complete 10/04. II 10/19. Where can I find interview prep info? Not sure how SDN works lol
Tulane University School of Medicine Admissions, Tuition & Student Feedback | SDN
Admissions data, tuition, program details, interview feedback, essay prompts, and forum links for Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA.
Complete 10/04. II 10/19. Where can I find interview prep info? Not sure how SDN works lol
2 week turnaround?? Wth lol. Are you IS?
First week interview... still waitingany other early-mid September interview people still waiting to hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We signed a NDA so cannot answer anything about it - Also to save you (or anyone else wondering) some time, there's no info about it for the past 4 years of SDN threads. I had my interview a couple of months ago. It's very relaxed and nothing to worry about. I'm not sure how much it really weighs into the final decision either... I didn't think I did well and still got acceptedDoes anyone know how the patient thing works?
Esp now that its online how do they have that set up?
Thanks
When did you interview/hear back?We signed a NDA so cannot answer anything about it - Also to save you (or anyone else wondering) some time, there's no info about it for the past 4 years of SDN threads. I had my interview a couple of months ago. It's very relaxed and nothing to worry about. I'm not sure how much it really weighs into the final decision either... I didn't think I did well and still got accepted
Interviewed 9/9 and got an email 10/21When did you interview/hear back?
No. I can PM you what I think may have helped. Reach out.2 week turnaround?? Wth lol. Are you IS?
cjjj192379
New Member
Anyone else complete 8/12 and still not under review? Any suggestions on if I should I reach out?