2021-2022 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was the email for those on hold or for those who are still under review? I haven't heard anything since going under review ~5 months ago
It was for being still under review, but then again I did complete my app in October so I guess it makes sense. Seems like a lot of people are still under review though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
realistically those of us on hold won’t be getting re reviewed since there still people yet to be reviewed 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1-4 months. Or even longer idk lol.
Just for the record I'll have been under review for 6 month pretty soon! I've moved on from Tulane but figured people might be interested, my guess is someone forgot to click a button to put me on hold, especially seeing as I was under review during the hurricane and I bet that screwed up some of their systems.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Huh? Well they haven't gotten to 11/11 yet so their pile system must suck if that's the case
I mean your file is probably on someone’s desk, and they haven’t gotten to it. Those who are being put in AR right now maybe just got picked up by someone recently. I hope they get back to you soon.
 
I mean your file is probably on someone’s desk, and they haven’t gotten to it. Those who are being put in AR right now maybe just got picked up by someone recently. I hope they get back to you soon.
For a second, I read this as "I mean your life is probably on someone's desk"...
 
For a second, I read this as "I mean your life is probably on someone's desk"...
Haha…but for real though.

I was also speculating that maybe they’re collecting acceptances before sending out a bolus of A emails since we haven’t seen much. So if you’re being skipped over for AR, might be a good thing…?
 
For anyone who is worried because you haven't heard anything post interview yet-- during my interview last week, they said they are SUPER far behind. I believe they said something along the lines of "our normal time period is 6-8 weeks post interview, but we are beyond the 8 week point at the moment. Hopefully by the time we get to this interview date, we will be back on track. But Mardi Gras is coming up, so actually, it may still be closer to the 8 week mark." So basically, they are just super far behind reviewing post interview and they are trying really hard to catch back up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who is worried because you haven't heard anything post interview yet-- during my interview last week, they said they are SUPER far behind. I believe they said something along the lines of "our normal time period is 6-8 weeks post interview, but we are beyond the 8 week point at the moment. Hopefully by the time we get to this interview date, we will be back on track. But Mardi Gras is coming up, so actually, it may still be closer to the 8 week mark." So basically, they are just super far behind reviewing post interview and they are trying really hard to catch back up!
Thanks for letting us know! Totally appreciated!
 
For anyone who is worried because you haven't heard anything post interview yet-- during my interview last week, they said they are SUPER far behind. I believe they said something along the lines of "our normal time period is 6-8 weeks post interview, but we are beyond the 8 week point at the moment. Hopefully by the time we get to this interview date, we will be back on track. But Mardi Gras is coming up, so actually, it may still be closer to the 8 week mark." So basically, they are just super far behind reviewing post interview and they are trying really hard to catch back up!
Thank you for sharing. Gives some relief to my aging heart!
 
From neurotically looking back through this thread and last year's thread:

A lot of people from September interviews heard back after people from October interviews - Several egregious ones: 09/09 heard back 14 weeks later (AR). 9/15 heard back 16 weeks later (accepted)

2020-21 thread: They straight up skipped half of November and all of December (these people all heard back in March) and started accepting January people instead.