2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who is worried because you haven't heard anything post interview yet-- during my interview last week, they said they are SUPER far behind. I believe they said something along the lines of "our normal time period is 6-8 weeks post interview, but we are beyond the 8 week point at the moment. Hopefully by the time we get to this interview date, we will be back on track. But Mardi Gras is coming up, so actually, it may still be closer to the 8 week mark." So basically, they are just super far behind reviewing post interview and they are trying really hard to catch back up!
Thanks for letting us know! Totally appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who is worried because you haven't heard anything post interview yet-- during my interview last week, they said they are SUPER far behind. I believe they said something along the lines of "our normal time period is 6-8 weeks post interview, but we are beyond the 8 week point at the moment. Hopefully by the time we get to this interview date, we will be back on track. But Mardi Gras is coming up, so actually, it may still be closer to the 8 week mark." So basically, they are just super far behind reviewing post interview and they are trying really hard to catch back up!
Thank you for sharing. Gives some relief to my aging heart!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any wisdom regarding whether there are still IIs being handed out?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From neurotically looking back through this thread and last year's thread:

A lot of people from September interviews heard back after people from October interviews - Several egregious ones: 09/09 heard back 14 weeks later (AR). 9/15 heard back 16 weeks later (accepted)

2020-21 thread: They straight up skipped half of November and all of December (these people all heard back in March) and started accepting January people instead.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just got placed on hold this morning. Secondary submitted 08/15. Received under review email on 11/19.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
interviewed on Nov 11th, was offered admission today at 6pm EST (5pm CT). I'm super grateful for this opportunity to study medicine and wish only the best for those still waiting to hear back :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
interviewed on Nov 11th, was offered admission today at 6pm EST (5pm CT). I'm super grateful for this opportunity to study medicine and wish only the best for those still waiting to hear back :)
Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting, especially since it's been a longggggg wait haha. While waiting, did you happen to send them any update letters or LOI?? Just wanted to know if you did something to put yourself on their radar.

Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting, especially since it's been a longggggg wait haha. While waiting, did you happen to send them any update letters or LOI?? Just wanted to know if you did something to put yourself on their radar.
thanks to @1ightningz I did send a LOI maybe 1.5 weeks ago; I told them about a job I got after I submitted my primary app

Members don't see this ad :)
The cycles going to be over and they’re still going to be putting people under review 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
During my interview they said it would be a 7 week wait until we heard back.

But also how much do the student interview portions weigh?? because my student interviewer was in a really bad mood and was highly really rude to me. Made me not excited to go to the school. I think it would be really unfair for that to weigh into the final decision when the faculty interview went really well

But also how much do the student interview portions weigh?? because my student interviewer was in a really bad mood and was highly really rude to me. Made me not excited to go to the school. I think it would be really unfair for that to weigh into the final decision when the faculty interview went really well
When did you interview?? I don't recall anyone specifying how much the student interview scenario weighs compared to the faculty interview. Just that it's recorded so people on the admissions board can see the interaction, so maybe they'll see hoe your student interviewer behaved. I'm really sorry you had that kind of experience! Did you happen to "report" it in the survey they sent after the interview??

Is this school still giving out interviews this cycle?
From my understanding, they're supposed to send out interviews until the end of February (stated on their website), but I'm not sure how true that is realistically this cycle...

When did you interview?? I don't recall anyone specifying how much the student interview scenario weighs compared to the faculty interview. Just that it's recorded so people on the admissions board can see the interaction, so maybe they'll see hoe your student interviewer behaved. I'm really sorry you had that kind of experience! Did you happen to "report" it in the survey they sent after the interview??
what lol i didn't know the interview was recorded haha.

The guide says student interview is given as much weight as faculty interview.

• Wow
From my understanding, they're supposed to send out interviews until the end of February (stated on their website), but I'm not sure how true that is realistically this cycle...
If they're 8 weeks behind like they say then they may go past that. Who knows?

Pre-II hold just now. Under review 12/1

Edit - Does anyone get off this list?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
When does Tulane finish sending their post-II decisions? Waiting for the next 7-8 weeks will be tough.

I didn't report it because I thought it wasn't anonymous. If it is anonymous I will report it

I just got put on a pre-II hold a few days ago, is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting an II at this point?

excited doctor who GIF

me, a 12/10 interviewer

• Care