You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
interviewed on Nov 11th, was offered admission today at 6pm EST (5pm CT). I'm super grateful for this opportunity to study medicine and wish only the best for those still waiting to hear back 🙂
Well i'm probably ****ed then
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting, especially since it's been a longggggg wait haha. While waiting, did you happen to send them any update letters or LOI?? Just wanted to know if you did something to put yourself on their radar.interviewed on Nov 11th, was offered admission today at 6pm EST (5pm CT). I'm super grateful for this opportunity to study medicine and wish only the best for those still waiting to hear back 🙂
Don't give up hope! No news is good news (so they freaking say).Well i'm probably ****ed then
thanks to @1ightningz I did send a LOI maybe 1.5 weeks ago; I told them about a job I got after I submitted my primary appCongratulations!!!! That's so exciting, especially since it's been a longggggg wait haha. While waiting, did you happen to send them any update letters or LOI?? Just wanted to know if you did something to put yourself on their radar.
notapopstar
Full Member
placed on hold today, was under review on 1/10
readytodoc2021
Full Member
AR just now. Here we go again.
Got the AR
when did you interview?Got the AR
AR. Interviewed 11/12
11/11when did you interview?
Is this school still giving out interviews this cycle?
My question exactly 😂Is this school still giving out interviews this cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shawnmendes
Full Member
During my interview they said it would be a 7 week wait until we heard back.
But also how much do the student interview portions weigh?? because my student interviewer was in a really bad mood and was highly really rude to me. Made me not excited to go to the school. I think it would be really unfair for that to weigh into the final decision when the faculty interview went really well
But also how much do the student interview portions weigh?? because my student interviewer was in a really bad mood and was highly really rude to me. Made me not excited to go to the school. I think it would be really unfair for that to weigh into the final decision when the faculty interview went really well
When did you interview?? I don't recall anyone specifying how much the student interview scenario weighs compared to the faculty interview. Just that it's recorded so people on the admissions board can see the interaction, so maybe they'll see hoe your student interviewer behaved. I'm really sorry you had that kind of experience! Did you happen to "report" it in the survey they sent after the interview??During my interview they said it would be a 7 week wait until we heard back.
But also how much do the student interview portions weigh?? because my student interviewer was in a really bad mood and was highly really rude to me. Made me not excited to go to the school. I think it would be really unfair for that to weigh into the final decision when the faculty interview went really well
From my understanding, they're supposed to send out interviews until the end of February (stated on their website), but I'm not sure how true that is realistically this cycle...Is this school still giving out interviews this cycle?
what lol i didn't know the interview was recorded haha.When did you interview?? I don't recall anyone specifying how much the student interview scenario weighs compared to the faculty interview. Just that it's recorded so people on the admissions board can see the interaction, so maybe they'll see hoe your student interviewer behaved. I'm really sorry you had that kind of experience! Did you happen to "report" it in the survey they sent after the interview??
The guide says student interview is given as much weight as faculty interview.During my interview they said it would be a 7 week wait until we heard back.
But also how much do the student interview portions weigh?? because my student interviewer was in a really bad mood and was highly really rude to me. Made me not excited to go to the school. I think it would be really unfair for that to weigh into the final decision when the faculty interview went really well
I don't think the faculty one is but I'm pretty sure they said they record the student interaction to review and add to our file.what lol i didn't know the interview was recorded haha.
Oooooof. Yikes...... I didn't think my student interaction went all that well either 😭The guide says student interview is given as much weight as faculty interview.
D
deleted1122447
If they're 8 weeks behind like they say then they may go past that. Who knows?From my understanding, they're supposed to send out interviews until the end of February (stated on their website), but I'm not sure how true that is realistically this cycle...
mangomonkey
Full Member
Pre-II hold just now. Under review 12/1
Edit - Does anyone get off this list?
Edit - Does anyone get off this list?
Last edited:
I recall being told the same thing.The guide says student interview is given as much weight as faculty interview.
idk about others but ive been preII hold since 12/21Pre-II hold just now. Under review 12/1
Edit - Does anyone get off this list?
parlezvousmed
Full Member
I've been on hold since september and have sent 2 updates. Still nothing lol who knows how it worksidk about others but ive been preII hold since 12/21
Got the A today!! Interviewed 12.3
Has anyone been rejected after being put on hold??I've been on hold since september and have sent 2 updates. Still nothing lol who knows how it works
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG congrats!!!!!! 🩺Got the A today!! Interviewed 12.3
dawgsalltheway
Full Member
Congrats! When were you placed under review?II just now!
Under review 7/15, deferred from early decision on 8/16. Sent update letters in November and earlier this monthCongrats! When were you placed under review?
shawnmendes
Full Member
I didn't report it because I thought it wasn't anonymous. If it is anonymous I will report itWhen did you interview?? I don't recall anyone specifying how much the student interview scenario weighs compared to the faculty interview. Just that it's recorded so people on the admissions board can see the interaction, so maybe they'll see hoe your student interviewer behaved. I'm really sorry you had that kind of experience! Did you happen to "report" it in the survey they sent after the interview??
Just curious. Was it a LOI or update?thanks to @1ightningz I did send a LOI maybe 1.5 weeks ago; I told them about a job I got after I submitted my primary app
Me too!idk about others but ive been preII hold since 12/21
What’s AR?Sheesh so many ARs for november 😭😭
Acceptance Range it's their version of WLWhat’s AR?
Congratulations!!! Did you send any updates?Got the A today!! Interviewed 12.3
me, a 12/10 interviewer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1109225
Samesies 12/9 interview. Trying so hard to manage my expectations. Expect AR, hope for A. Expect AR, hope for A. Refresh, refresh, refresh.![]()
me, a 12/10 interviewer
12/03. I think I've been forgotten.Samesies 12/9 interview. Trying so hard to manage my expectations. Expect AR, hope for A. Expect AR, hope for A. Refresh, refresh, refresh.
Also 12/3. No news is good news 😭😭😭12/03. I think I've been forgotten.
potabletragedy
New Member
Wishing the best of luck to all of you who interviewed in early December!!!!