2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take to receive that email after submission? I submitted secondary 8/2 and have not received an email under review yet.
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Under review can almost take weeks or for some even months in previous cycles. My first cycle I went complete to under review in 6-7 days, my second it took almost a month and a half. I applied later my first cycle than my second.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Under review can almost take weeks or for some even months in previous cycles. My first cycle I went complete to under review in 6-7 days, my second it took almost a month and a half. I applied later my first cycle than my second.
This is your third cycle?

How long did it take to receive that email after submission? I submitted secondary 8/2 and have not received an email under review yet.
I sent in my primary 6/1, verified 6/25, received and submitted secondary 7/20, and just received the email that my app is under review

recieved an II 8/10!! verified before transmission and under review 7/22

Reactions: 12 users
recieved an II 8/10!! verified before transmission and under review 7/22
congrats you're going to kill it !! are you ED or IS/strong ties ? also would you mind sharing stats?

Also received II today. Avg stats, my EC's probably carried. Idt IS makes a difference even if I was, Tulane is private

Reactions: 3 users
Also received II today. Avg stats, my EC's probably carried. Idt IS makes a difference even if I was, Tulane is private
Congrats!!! When were you under review and were you ED or RD?

congrats you're going to kill it !! are you ED or IS/strong ties ? also would you mind sharing stats?
TYSM!! 🥰 I'm RD, but I did go to Tulane for undergrad. My GPA is 3.5 and my MCAT is 508. I think that I got that II bc my ECs were very community service heavy and New Orleans specific.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the hold notification. This is basically a soft R right?

+1 Not sure if it's a soft R because I have heard of people getting converted to II but yeah I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: 1 users
+1 Not sure if it's a soft R because I have heard of people getting converted to II but yeah I'm not holding my breath.
+1 on hold; it’s interesting I just read through like 15 pages of last year‘s thread and everyone says “last years thread said it’s basically a soft R…” it seems like a lot of people make that assumption based on the thread of the year before… who made that assumption based on the thread of the year before. 😂and considering a lot of people got hard R’s in this round it’s 💫not as bad as it could be💫lol i got a hard R in this wave last year so i’m taking it as they don’t hate me as much as they did last year. 😂also, I looked at the profiles of people who got put on hold at Tulane and they either got in at Tulane or elsewhere so taking that as a grain of hope as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 on hold; it’s interesting I just read through like 15 pages of last year‘s thread and everyone says “last years thread said it’s basically a soft R…” it seems like a lot of people make that assumption based on the thread of the year before… who made that assumption based on the thread of the year before. 😂and considering a lot of people got hard R’s in this round it’s 💫not as bad as it could be💫lol i got a hard R in this wave last year so i’m taking it as they don’t hate me as much as they did last year. 😂also, I looked at the profiles of people who got put on hold at Tulane and they either got in at Tulane or elsewhere so taking that as a grain of hope as well.
Tulane didn’t give out hard Rs this round?

with the amount of apps they receive, it’s an R. I just got on hold too

Definitely not a soft R! Last cycle I was invited for an interview in January after being put on hold in November.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is there a separate email after the application complete email informing you that your application is under review?

• Hmm
Omg no way, so do they actually send our Rs though?
As of 2019-2020, yes. I got a hard R during that cycle without being put on hold first (this is my third cycle o_O)

Reactions: 2 users
Yes you will receive an “under review” email
I never received an under review email. I even checked the Communication Status tab in the application portal and there was no communication between submission of my secondary and the interview hold...

I never received an under review email. I even checked the Communication Status tab in the application portal and there was no communication between submission of my secondary and the interview hold...
This is going to feed into my obsessive paranoid behavior lol. I've been complete since July and haven't heard a thing. Status has not changed either :/

Last edited:
Did anyone go under review recently? I was complete 8/2 so I'm trying to gauge where they're at with apps. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Did anyone go under review recently? I was complete 8/2 so I'm trying to gauge where they're at with apps. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
I was complete July 19th and received the under review email August 9th.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a friend who was accepted last cycle after being put on hold for an interview! (And also waitlisted)

• Love
When you're under review but didn’t get the II or put on hold :rofl:

6E4A57E2-3FFD-41DA-A09D-434864FC69B5_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Y’all got the R? Or just quiet ?
Just quiet. I'm not actually gonna worry about it since there's no way of knowing what's happening on their side, just gotta wait and see what happens!

this may be a dumb question but for the following: "Is a member of your family a graduate of Tulane School of Medicine?" do they mean just immediate family or extended? I have an uncle that went to Tulane and I'm just wondering if I should mention it

this may be a dumb question but for the following: "Is a member of your family a graduate of Tulane School of Medicine?" do they mean just immediate family or extended? I have an uncle that went to Tulane and I'm just wondering if I should mention it
It can't hurt to mention it IMO

II today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
II today, still early september spots available
lizzy m 71.9

Reactions: 6 users
Received update today (8/13): Hold for Possible Interview: Stats - 3.92 cGPA, 3.94 sGPA, 508, 1291 service hours, 737 research hours, 192 teaching hours, 828 paid work hours, current rising senior. I was under review: 8/06

I got a secondary complete email Aug 6 but no under review email yet. On portal, it just has all check marked and says my app is ready. Does anyone know if it is under review or not until I get an email?