2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a secondary complete email Aug 6 but no under review email yet. On portal, it just has all check marked and says my app is ready. Does anyone know if it is under review or not until I get an email?
They will send you an email but just know that you’re complete

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you will get an email saying that your application is under review. There is no defined time when your application is reviewed, as it depends on how busy the reviewer(s) you are assigned are, linkage programs, legacy etc. Hang tight and congrats to those who received II. You all worked hard to get to where you are, so I hope to see you all at TUSOM next year :)

Is it worth it to submit the 2 at this point? I got it a few days ago and am finishing it up but I heard that they LOVE their earlies. I was verified on 7/13 and I guess due to tech problems did not get it until Aug. Pretty torn rn. Thoughts? Not a stellar applicant, just an avg MCAT with a decent GPA, but a lot of service.

Is it worth it to submit the 2 at this point? I got it a few days ago and am finishing it up but I heard that they LOVE their earlies. I was verified on 7/13 and I guess due to tech problems did not get it until Aug. Pretty torn rn. Thoughts? Not a stellar applicant, just an avg MCAT with a decent GPA, but a lot of service.
Not entirely sure how much applying early will play a factor this year given that they had technical difficulties that HEAVILY delayed secondary invites for most regular decision students. I think if Tulane is a place you'd like to be and can see yourself thriving in for the next couple years, then shoot for it!

Reactions: 3 users
Not entirely sure how much applying early will play a factor this year given that they had technical difficulties that HEAVILY delayed secondary invites for most regular decision students. I think if Tulane is a place you'd like to be and can see yourself thriving in for the next couple years, then shoot for it!
Tulane was one of my top choices, so I will definitely shoot my shot. Just getting frustrated lol. Thanks!

Tulane was one of my top choices, so I will definitely shoot my shot. Just getting frustrated lol. Thanks!
I 100% feel you on this one. Specifically pre-wrote this one first because of how much I heard they liked early apps, but alas didn't receive secondary until 07/29. Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone. I saw that Tulane gives a secondary to everyone, but I still haven't received one. Should I be worried it got lost somewhere? My primary app didn't process until July 21.

I 100% feel you on this one. Specifically pre-wrote this one first because of how much I heard they liked early apps, but alas didn't receive secondary until 07/29. Best of luck to you!
Same and put on hold so quick too

Hi everyone. I saw that Tulane gives a secondary to everyone, but I still haven't received one. Should I be worried it got lost somewhere? My primary app didn't process until July 21.
They have been very slow in sending out secondaries this year, so give it some time!

They have been very slow in sending out secondaries this year, so give it some time!
Thank you for your reply. This is my first time on SDN and i was starting to get very nervous seeing all of these secondaries and even interview invites :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary: 7/26
Under review: 8/4
II: 8/12
not ED

On hold for interview, is this a soft r?

516 3.75 cgpa 3.80 sgpa
I'm reading through last year's thread for prep reasons and it seems like there's a few people who get off this list but for most it's just a soft R. I do kinda remember the people getting on hold for an interview who got it earlier in the cycle did have a better chance of getting off

Anyone who submitted secondary 8/6 under review yet? I got complete email but no under review one yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to hear it. They’re known for yield protecting and when I previously applied I still got into a bunch of other schools so You’ll be fine

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone experience any delays in receiving the secondary? I added Tulane to my list on Aug 16th and haven't received anything. Wondering if I should reach out or not...
Thanks in advance!!

Anyone experience any delays in receiving the secondary? I added Tulane to my list on Aug 16th and haven't received anything. Wondering if I should reach out or not...
Thanks in advance!!
I added Tulane in Mid-July and it took two weeks longer than all of the other schools for them to send the secondary. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I hate to be a debbie downer, but from my experience a "hold for possible" interview is a soft R. Some people definitely get off it, but I would say that's the minority not the majority. It basically means you're good but not great. If you really want to get into Tulane and you received a "hold for possible interview" that means you would have a good shot at the interview if you applied to Tulane even earlier next cycle, or you apply early decision next cycle. Just my two cents on the matter!

• Hmm
Received my complete email on 8/5 but not seeing any changes on the portal in the sense of under review or anything on the portal.

Where did you guys see changes in your status?

Received my complete email on 8/5 but not seeing any changes on the portal in the sense of under review or anything on the portal.

I got an email that said under review but on the portal it still just says complete

Under review status notification came via email.

I got an email saying that my app is now under review. I submitted on 7/28 and only just got the email on 8/18.

Just received under review email, submitted secondary 07/29.

II today, secondary submitted 7/20, under review 8/9, RD

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
The MSAR says Tulane does not require CASper yet its listed on the CASPer website as a school you can distribute your results to. Can anyone provide clarification?

The MSAR says Tulane does not require CASper yet its listed on the CASPer website as a school you can distribute your results to. Can anyone provide clarification?
They probably will accept it but it isn’t mandatory

II today
Submitted 07/24
Under Review 08/13

• Love
Reactions: 5 users