2021-2022 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also wanna second this by saying I was placed on hold on 1/20 and received an II today. It was a very nice surprise! Wishing everyone the best if you're on a hold!
What dates are available

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I'm considering sending an update because I was just promoted, but I'm slightly hesitant because I don't have anything to reflect on yet. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!
I say go for it! Maybe mention what the promotion means to you and what you hope to accomplish in your new role.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any Nov/Dec Interview people hear back yet? Going crazy rn

On pre-II hold haven’t gotten a II from anywhere :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
same here
Hey all, to those who interviewed, I'm sure it must be nerve-wracking to not have heard back yet. Rooting for all of you to get an acceptance any day now!!

I have my interview next week and do they explain when you may potentially hear back? I'm wondering how much time I should be anticipating...

Hey all, to those who interviewed, I'm sure it must be nerve-wracking to not have heard back yet. Rooting for all of you to get an acceptance any day now!!

I have my interview next week and do they explain when you may potentially hear back? I'm wondering how much time I should be anticipating...

I don’t recall if they gave us a timeline, but I interviewed mid October and haven’t heard back either way soooo (but if I recall correctly, others who interviewed around the same time have reported As earlier in this thread)

I don’t recall if they gave us a timeline, but I interviewed mid October and haven’t heard back either way soooo (but if I recall correctly, others who interviewed around the same time have reported As earlier in this thread)
ahh okay, thank you, thank you. I'm thinking the majority of students who are accepted will hear back in April when interviews are completed? Maybe I'll comb through last year's thread lol

Interviewed in early october, got accepted in late december. They straight up said youll hear back anywhere from November to May lol

I got the Acceptance call yesterday!! :love: Super stoked about it! I interviewed in early January. They like to call before they send the acceptance email. It totally caught me of guard in such a wonderful way.

I got the Acceptance call yesterday!! :love: Super stoked about it! I interviewed in early January. They like to call before they send the acceptance email. It totally caught me of guard in such a wonderful way.
Congrats! Are you a Haider applicant?

congrats!! mind sharing stats? are you from IE?

Hi SDN fam,

Just like all of you, I was also given a pre-II hold. A resident I’m close with advised me I should email UCR and express my interest in the school in hopes it would have them look at my application sooner for an interview. What do y’all think? I’m sort of hesitant about it but just wanted to see other opinions.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hi SDN fam,

Just like all of you, I was also given a post-II hold. A resident I’m close with advised me I should email UCR and express my interest in the school in hopes it would make me stand out. What do y’all think? I’m sort of hesitant about it but just wanted to see other opinions.

for a school that is both mission, and region driven.. I can definitely see how that would benefit you!

Hi SDN fam,

Just like all of you, I was also given a post-II hold. A resident I’m close with advised me I should email UCR and express my interest in the school in hopes it would have them look at my application sooner for an interview. What do y’all think? I’m sort of hesitant about it but just wanted to see other opinions.

Wait was it pre II or post II?
It seems like it was pre II? A lot of applicants got that

Wait was it pre II or post II?
It seems like it was pre II? A lot of applicants got that
Oops, I edited my original post 🤣 I meant to write pre haha. Yes lots of applicants got placed on hold.. just wondering if I should wait it out or reach out.

for a school that is both mission, and region driven.. I can definitely see how that would benefit you!
I’m on the fence about reaching out but I guess it doesn’t hurt to try.. shoot, you never know! Haha thank you for this!

I’m on the fence about reaching out but I guess it doesn’t hurt to try.. shoot, you never know! Haha thank you for this!
For what its worth, I've gotten an II at every school I reached out to. As long as its meaningful and genuine, it will not hurt you... just make sure they actually accept Updates Letters lol. I sent one to a school that said not to, and got rejected 4 days later :sour:

• Care
Hi SDN fam,

Just like all of you, I was also given a pre-II hold. A resident I’m close with advised me I should email UCR and express my interest in the school in hopes it would have them look at my application sooner for an interview. What do y’all think? I’m sort of hesitant about it but just wanted to see other opinions.

UCR admin said that emailing them would not allow the admissions team to see your letters, so you’ll have to upload it on your secondary portal for the committee to see

• Care
For what its worth, I've gotten an II at every school I reached out to. As long as its meaningful and genuine, it will not hurt you... just make sure they actually accept Updates Letters lol. I sent one to a school that said not to, and got rejected 4 days later :sour:
Perfect, thank you! This actually helps a ton ♥️ And oh shoot, I’m sorry about your rejection!! Wishing you the best in your journey ♥️

UCR admin said that emailing them would not allow the admissions team to see your letters, so you’ll have to upload it on your secondary portal for the committee to see
This is good to know! I’ll be sure to upload it to the portal. Thank you so much ♥️

What did UCR admin say about the massive number of pre-II holds? Silent R?

What did UCR admin say about the massive number of pre-II holds? Silent R?
I didn’t ask about that. I interviewed back in October so I was more concerned about how I can send updates. They did tell me they are accepting students up till June and that no news is good news. Stay hopeful the cycle hasn’t ended yet!

• Care
Does anyone know if the class has almost been filled or if few acceptances have gone out?

• Hmm
if we havent been accepted within a month or 2months of our interview, should we just take it as an R or WL the wait is driving me nuts

Wondering the same!
I been waiting since October man….. my friend who interviewed last cycle in December heard back in April about a WL and got accepted within a month of the WL. So maybe they just like taking their time with it.

I been waiting since October man….. my friend who interviewed last cycle in December heard back in April about a WL and got accepted within a month of the WL. So maybe they just like taking their time with it.
The wait is torture for sure! I interviewed in Dec, so not as long. I did lurk on last year's thread and became hopeful after seeing the late movement. We got this!

George Clooney Film GIF by NETFLIX

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
It looks like last year, according to the sdn thread, they were interviewing till the end of March sending IIs as late as mid March. There's still hope!
Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.
I guess many people are not reporting it on here if they have been sending out II

• Hmm