2021-2022 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi everyone! I'm considering sending an update because I was just promoted, but I'm slightly hesitant because I don't have anything to reflect on yet. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!
I say go for it! Maybe mention what the promotion means to you and what you hope to accomplish in your new role.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here
Hey all, to those who interviewed, I'm sure it must be nerve-wracking to not have heard back yet. Rooting for all of you to get an acceptance any day now!!

I have my interview next week and do they explain when you may potentially hear back? I'm wondering how much time I should be anticipating...
 
Hey all, to those who interviewed, I'm sure it must be nerve-wracking to not have heard back yet. Rooting for all of you to get an acceptance any day now!!

I have my interview next week and do they explain when you may potentially hear back? I'm wondering how much time I should be anticipating...

I don’t recall if they gave us a timeline, but I interviewed mid October and haven’t heard back either way soooo (but if I recall correctly, others who interviewed around the same time have reported As earlier in this thread)
 
I don’t recall if they gave us a timeline, but I interviewed mid October and haven’t heard back either way soooo (but if I recall correctly, others who interviewed around the same time have reported As earlier in this thread)
ahh okay, thank you, thank you. I'm thinking the majority of students who are accepted will hear back in April when interviews are completed? Maybe I'll comb through last year's thread lol
 
Hey all, to those who interviewed, I'm sure it must be nerve-wracking to not have heard back yet. Rooting for all of you to get an acceptance any day now!!

I have my interview next week and do they explain when you may potentially hear back? I'm wondering how much time I should be anticipating...
Interviewed in early october, got accepted in late december. They straight up said youll hear back anywhere from November to May lol
 
I got the Acceptance call yesterday!! 😍 Super stoked about it! I interviewed in early January. They like to call before they send the acceptance email. It totally caught me of guard in such a wonderful way.
congrats!! mind sharing stats? are you from IE?
 
Hi SDN fam,

Just like all of you, I was also given a post-II hold. A resident I’m close with advised me I should email UCR and express my interest in the school in hopes it would make me stand out. What do y’all think? I’m sort of hesitant about it but just wanted to see other opinions.

Thank you 🙂
for a school that is both mission, and region driven.. I can definitely see how that would benefit you!
 
Hi SDN fam,

Just like all of you, I was also given a post-II hold. A resident I’m close with advised me I should email UCR and express my interest in the school in hopes it would have them look at my application sooner for an interview. What do y’all think? I’m sort of hesitant about it but just wanted to see other opinions.

Thank you 🙂
Wait was it pre II or post II?
It seems like it was pre II? A lot of applicants got that
 
I’m on the fence about reaching out but I guess it doesn’t hurt to try.. shoot, you never know! Haha thank you for this!
For what its worth, I've gotten an II at every school I reached out to. As long as its meaningful and genuine, it will not hurt you... just make sure they actually accept Updates Letters lol. I sent one to a school that said not to, and got rejected 4 days later :sour:
 
Hi SDN fam,

Just like all of you, I was also given a pre-II hold. A resident I’m close with advised me I should email UCR and express my interest in the school in hopes it would have them look at my application sooner for an interview. What do y’all think? I’m sort of hesitant about it but just wanted to see other opinions.

Thank you 🙂
UCR admin said that emailing them would not allow the admissions team to see your letters, so you’ll have to upload it on your secondary portal for the committee to see
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I been waiting since October man….. my friend who interviewed last cycle in December heard back in April about a WL and got accepted within a month of the WL. So maybe they just like taking their time with it.
The wait is torture for sure! I interviewed in Dec, so not as long. I did lurk on last year's thread and became hopeful after seeing the late movement. We got this!
 
George Clooney Film GIF by NETFLIX
 
It looks like last year, according to the sdn thread, they were interviewing till the end of March sending IIs as late as mid March. There's still hope!
Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.
 
Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.
I guess many people are not reporting it on here if they have been sending out II
 
Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.
did she say how full the class was?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.
Mid-march? Not end of March? That means the class is closer to full relatively speaking. Their timeline interviews through March... If it's now moved up to Mid-March
 
Mid-march? Not end of March? That means the class is closer to full relatively speaking. Their timeline interviews through March... If it's now moved up to Mid-March
Worst case their class is "Full"- Lets break it down. The commit to enroll date is still months away so a good amounts of these people accept will commit somewhere else. Lets recall that UCR only accepts In state students and these Instate students usually rank UCR as their last choice. Many will choose UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCI UCSF over UCR for sure so that leaves more room for us. Plus even considering private schools like USC, Kaiser, Stanford etc, people will school choose those over UCR so theres still room for people. BIG PATTERN - Because these interviews are on zoom, people aren't rejecting their interviews like in the past. So even if that UCSF accepted student has no interest in UCR, they will still show up to the interview regardless and take up "acceptance space" which they will later let go for other schools. Theres hope for lots of people.