2021-2022 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But also LOVE the support in this thread y'all. Bringing tears to my eyes ❤️

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Happy to host an anti-WashU anti UChicago processing space at the end of all this lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
as reality sets in, I'm not unhappy if I don't end up getting into a T20. I'm super thankful to have an acceptance and no matter where we end up I believe that we all have the potential to become great physicians... good luck to all!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
also, I had the opportunity to talk with some med students at a networking event... apparently like half of the incoming class comes off the waitlist. I can't tell if they were exaggerating to make me feel better. also I feel like the covid applicant pool could affect things but I thought I'd share

• Wow
Happy to host an anti-WashU anti UChicago processing space at the end of all this lmao

Anti-Yale and anti-Cornell and anti-UCLA, not quite anti WashU yet but………….there’s just…..so many silence and waitlists in the T20s….

Reactions: 1 user
also, I had the opportunity to talk with some med students at a networking event... apparently like half of the incoming class comes off the waitlist. I can't tell if they were exaggerating to make me feel better. also I feel like the covid applicant pool could affect things but I thought I'd share
I hope so!!! Ik WashU has yield problems due to location. I don't want to resign myself to another WL but I hope this one actually has movement rather than basically being an R

I hope so!!! Ik WashU has yield problems due to location. I don't want to resign myself to another WL but I hope this one actually has movement rather than basically being an R
Am I the only one who the location is one of the best factors? Like….I love the cheapness and actually having some nature nearby while I’m the Midwest….

For the WashU ADCOM skimming, Interviewed Feb 16th, MSTP reject turned MD only hopeful, love me plz

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'm scared of Columbia and honestly thankful they rejected me so we are anti-Columbia too
Honestly same, I would’ve had too much cognitive dissonance trying to rationalize why tf I was there when my interviewer basically berated me for 30 straight minutes 😭 WashU def had the best vibes

Am I the only one who the location is one of the best factors? Like….I love the cheapness and actually having some nature nearby while I’m the Midwest….

For the WashU ADCOM skimming, Interviewed Feb 16th, MSTP reject turned MD only hopeful, love me plz
St Louis is very okay. But the allure of coastal cities gets most of us in the end. Damn you, schools, if I only had the choice! Also even if WashU doesn't love you I will 🥺

• Care
Honestly same, I would’ve had too much cognitive dissonance trying to rationalize why tf I was there when my interviewer basically berated me for 30 straight minutes 😭 WashU def had the best vibes
This happened??? That is freaking awful. I had an iffy WashU interview which is why my outlook is so negative, but that's bc they didn't let me speak during my 1 hr+ interview lmao

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
+1

• Care
Just a reminder that not every day where people get acceptances is reported on SDN - I have personally received both interviews and acceptances when no one else has reported. It is likely not the end :)

I interviewed the same week as you and was told files from that week would be discussed early march so the earliest we'd hear back is mid march, so it's not over yet!

For any adcoms lurking...I also love the location for the same reasons and have no issues leaving the northeast for washu

For those accepted, how long did it take for a confirmation email/status update to arrive after getting the call?

I interviewed the same week as you and was told files from that week would be discussed early march so the earliest we'd hear back is mid march, so it's not over yet!

For any adcoms lurking...I also love the location for the same reasons and have no issues leaving the northeast for washu
Damn I didn’t get that. What am I even stressing over?

Bruh i interviewed in early november :cryi:. On another note beepbeep, I FINALLY HAVE AN A and its from my top choice TX school!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Bruh i interviewed in early november :cryi:. On another note beepbeep, I FINALLY HAVE AN A and its from my top choice TX school!!
CONGRATSSSSS I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

DREAMR---> DR

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
My little rodent brain just went schmucknugget. Nugget of schmuck. I offer you this, WashU thread.

Early November Interview Gang, got a lot riding on this decision :(((
Sammeeee. Two interviews all season, other school was a W on oct 15. Interviewed mid Nov for WashU

This nervous wait is gonna have my hairline recede into nothingness I swear 😕

BUT *SOMEHOW* WE ALL GOT THIS!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Come on WashU, I need the pick-me-up after the UCLA R

• Care
Who gives the calls? Is it our interviewers?

Queue The Waiting by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Call Me by Blondie
can’t forget exile by taylor swift…I think i’ve seen this film before and I didn’t like the ending

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I got the A call yesterday at around 5pm. Good luck to everyone.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
So are we counting this as a definite wave yet or no lol
ya bc I bet only a fraction of those accepted actually post to sdn.

there were at least as many As as were reported here, and most likely a lot more

ACCEPTED! Interviewed mid Feb :) so happy about this

From yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if there is a second look weekend?
When I got the call I thought they said something about a visit day in April. I honestly didn't catch all the details in the moment, I'm assuming we'll get an email with more info on Monday/Tuesday?

I interviewed at the beginning of October.
Congrats!! I interviewed early November so thats good to hear. If you dont mind, could you share your stats/ORM-URM/etc? Im just trying to get a feel for who's getting the A's rn. If not, no worries, i get it