2022-2023 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahh okay, makes sense. It’s been over four weeks for me which is why I’m getting a little antsy lol
was hoping to back this week, also getting antsy

Members don't see this ad.

Just got waitlisted, ouch! Congrats to anyone getting the A rn :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A! My first one so I'm pretty excited :) I interviewed 10/31

• Love
To everyone who is getting that A today... HYFR!!!!! CELEBRATE

Any one being waitlisted...you interviewed with a school that interviews ~6-10% of their applicant pool and there's still a chance. It aint over till it's over, gots to see it through my boy

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
To everyone who is getting that A today... HYFR!!!!! CELEBRATE

Any one being waitlisted...you interviewed with a school that interviews ~6-10% of their applicant pool and there's still a chance. It aint over till it's over, gots to see it through my boy

Is 6-10% a lot?

Is 6-10% a lot?
From what I can remember during interview day, they receive over 6000 apps, and interview about 500, I personally feel like being part of the percentage that interviews is a great accomplishment. Congratulations again on your acceptance future doc:love:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
From what I can remember during interview day, they receive over 6000 apps, and interview about 500, I personally feel like being part of the percentage that interviews is a great accomplishment. Congratulations again on your acceptance future doc:love:

Thank you so much:)

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.25.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.25.35 PM.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 153
Can any accepted/current students PM me? Just have a quick question

Can any accepted/current students PM me? Just have a quick question
One of my college friends is an OMS-1 there if you can’t find anyone, I can always relay!

For my fellow 11/14 interview peeps, when do you think we'll get a final decision? I know they told us 3-4 weeks, but with Thanksgiving week delaying things I'm thinking the week before Xmas?

For my fellow 11/14 interview peeps, when do you think we'll get a final decision? I know they told us 3-4 weeks, but with Thanksgiving week delaying things I'm thinking the week before Xmas?
I’ve literally been thinking about this like I get paid 😭

I’m going to a Billie Eilish concert next week so I need decisions to come out before then.

If it’s an R I’m going to sing the entire set with my full chest

• Care
I interviewed on 11/11, so I’m hoping they will get back soon 🤞🏽

II just now! I didn’t think I had a chance anymore since I submitted my application in July. OOS if anyone wonders.

II just now! I didn’t think I had a chance anymore since I submitted my application in July. OOS if anyone wonders.
Congrats!

I submitted my secondary late November when I applied 2 years ago and interviewed in February so everyone still has a chance

+1, and i feel the same exact way!! completed in August

• Love
Hey guys! I am interviewing here next Monday! Just wondering, if those of you that have previously interviewed here could shed some light onto some of the details. For example, how long is the interview precisely, is it open file, etc. I would greatly appreciate any insight! Thank you!

Hey guys! I am interviewing here next Monday! Just wondering, if those of you that have previously interviewed here could shed some light onto some of the details. For example, how long is the interview precisely, is it open file, etc. I would greatly appreciate any insight! Thank you!
Closed file. 30 min interview with 2 faculty.
Pretty chill interview, it was more conversational than anything else.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Any current students on here that could message me for a few quick questions? Would be most appreciated!

just withdrew my acceptance here. good luck everyone:)
submitted secondary 9/3 , invited for interview 9/16, interviewed 9/29, and received acceptance about 4-5 weeks later. LM about 69. hope this helps someone:)

just withdrew my acceptance here. good luck everyone:)
submitted secondary 9/3 , invited for interview 9/16, interviewed 9/29, and received acceptance about 4-5 weeks later. LM about 69. hope this helps someone:)
I'll take it out of your hands. hahaha

• Haha
11/14 gang, is today the day
GIF by BOXYCHARM
11/11 here. Still haven’t heard anything☠️
I’m hoping by Friday I’ll hear something. Because of the holiday, I think they added 1 more week on their timeline.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I just emailed them because I’m inpatient. The only update is that they are waiting the final decision from different levels of approval. 🥲
I’m assuming they are waiting on the dean’s decision.

Okay peeps, I think this is the week. Praying we all get those A's!

• Care
Got the A!!! First A im so happy! 😭😭

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got the A!!! 😭 I’m crying like a baby as a write this. I’m so happy omg

• Care
  • Love
I’ve been sobbing for 37 min, got the A 🫶🏽

• Love
The biggest and warmest virtual hug to all of you getting the news today♥

• Love
Hey everyone I know I’m late to the party but wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I submitted my app in June and received my secondary in July. Then I submitted my secondary on July 16th. On November 7th I received an invite for an interview and the only available date was January 25th. Is this a little late? Should I attempt to call and move it up?