2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not but I will How long should we keep the LOI?
Generally, one page is recommended. I checked the Shemmassian page; it really helped.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Look I just gotta post memes or cry and I'm dehydrated

But I am working on my LOI. These things give me such bad anxiety.
Creating and hitting the send button for my LOI gave me so much anxiety lol just tell them this

greys anatomy love GIF

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an LOI on Monday and no response yet *cries in neglect*

• Sad
I sent a letter of intent on Monday in the early afternoon and received a pre-req email later that night. So I think it helps.

The class size may be small but they’re likely sending 3 times the number of acceptances

There are multiple schools that have classes twice as big and the Dean makes all of the calls. Whether it’s 2x or 3x the size of the actual class, the calls get made by one person.

There are multiple schools that have classes twice as big and the Dean makes all of the calls. Whether it’s 2x or 3x the size of the actual class, the calls get made by one person.
The argument was: small class = easy to call everyone. I just offered some more details that the number isn’t particularly small.

Schools doing it do it because they want to, regardless of class size.

I submitted 1/20 and they responded saying ii's will be sent thru April. I wonder if that's still true or if I should just stop stressing about this lol

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone lmk what email they use to reach admissions? I feel like I receive no response with the email I use so I wanted to check to see if I am using the wrong one

Members don't see this ad :)
this might be stupid and i’m probably an idiot LOL but i applied last month (primary) after seeing mcat bros post that the deadline was extended to the 2/28. i had no clue about cdu starting a non UCLA affiliated program until then. am i reaching in thinking i’ll actually hear back after applying so late 🫣

this might be stupid and i’m probably an idiot LOL but i applied last month (primary) after seeing mcat bros post that the deadline was extended to the 2/28. i had no clue about cdu starting a non UCLA affiliated program until then. am i reaching in thinking i’ll actually hear back after applying so late 🫣

That is a great question and honestly I have no idea. But if they are in fact interviewing through April then why not?

I think its possible. I don’t think they’d extend the deadline if they had no intentions on considering those people who applied during the extension.

That's the email for CDU/UCLA (even tho they gave it for the confidentiality agreement). They'd probably forward the email to the CDU MD program

CDU email is [email protected]
Oh no....now I'm freaking out if they never got my update letter...i mean i guess they probably did forward it but maybe I should send it to the other email just so that I feel like I've done everything I can.

Question: has anyone gotten accepted with prerequisites still in progress? I'm still finishing up 3 and just wondering if this was ok.

Question: has anyone gotten accepted with prerequisites still in progress? I'm still finishing up 3 and just wondering if this was ok.
They said they would send conditional offers and expect them met by July

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Time changed and the anxiety bus leaves at 8am PST
8C7BD0DF-C34F-458A-BD8E-61E9950C2B67.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
They said they would send conditional offers and expect them met by July
Got it. Was this something they mentioned in an information session or email? I'm just wondering because the MSAR says something else.

I GOT ACCEPTED! OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU JESUS!!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
congrats to everyone! i hope me and the others waiting can celebrate soon too

Reactions: 3 users
I received an email telling me to check my portal. (no congrats subject heading) so I thought I was gonna be waitlisted or something.
Did they send you a link to the portal in the email?

CONGRATS EVERYONE! Despite my personal anxiety, I am really excited and happy for you. This journey has been rough for all.

Happy Sad GIFs | Tenor

Reactions: 7 users
They emailed me at ~12:30EST. The email was a link to Applicant Gateway where we submitted the secondary, and thats where my congratulations note was. My email headings didn’t mention anything about an acceptance. They just said I had a message in applicant gateway.

Reactions: 4 users
hey y'all! congratulations to those accepted today :) does it seem like cdu releases acceptances around the same time, e.g. mornings?

hey y'all! congratulations to those accepted today :) does it seem like cdu releases acceptances around the same time, e.g. mornings?
a couple people got it in the evening and at night so honestly seems like it varies a lot

If it helps, it's been exactly 2 weeks since the first As were sent out. (Applicants have 2 weeks to accept or decline offer)

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone who recently sent an LOI get accepted? I wanna know if it’s worth the energy or not