2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not but I will [emoji1488] How long should we keep the LOI?
Generally, one page is recommended. I checked the Shemmassian page; it really helped.

 
Look I just gotta post memes or cry and I'm dehydrated

But I am working on my LOI. These things give me such bad anxiety.
Creating and hitting the send button for my LOI gave me so much anxiety lol just tell them this


greys anatomy love GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a letter of intent on Monday in the early afternoon and received a pre-req email later that night. So I think it helps.
 
There are multiple schools that have classes twice as big and the Dean makes all of the calls. Whether it’s 2x or 3x the size of the actual class, the calls get made by one person.
The argument was: small class = easy to call everyone. I just offered some more details that the number isn’t particularly small.

Schools doing it do it because they want to, regardless of class size.
 
Can someone lmk what email they use to reach admissions? I feel like I receive no response with the email I use so I wanted to check to see if I am using the wrong one
 
this might be stupid and i’m probably an idiot LOL but i applied last month (primary) after seeing mcat bros post that the deadline was extended to the 2/28. i had no clue about cdu starting a non UCLA affiliated program until then. am i reaching in thinking i’ll actually hear back after applying so late 🫣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this might be stupid and i’m probably an idiot LOL but i applied last month (primary) after seeing mcat bros post that the deadline was extended to the 2/28. i had no clue about cdu starting a non UCLA affiliated program until then. am i reaching in thinking i’ll actually hear back after applying so late 🫣

That is a great question and honestly I have no idea. But if they are in fact interviewing through April then why not?
 
this might be stupid and i’m probably an idiot LOL but i applied last month (primary) after seeing mcat bros post that the deadline was extended to the 2/28. i had no clue about cdu starting a non UCLA affiliated program until then. am i reaching in thinking i’ll actually hear back after applying so late 🫣

I think its possible. I don’t think they’d extend the deadline if they had no intentions on considering those people who applied during the extension.
 
That's the email for CDU/UCLA (even tho they gave it for the confidentiality agreement). They'd probably forward the email to the CDU MD program

CDU email is [email protected]
Oh no....now I'm freaking out if they never got my update letter...i mean i guess they probably did forward it but maybe I should send it to the other email just so that I feel like I've done everything I can.
 
Question: has anyone gotten accepted with prerequisites still in progress? I'm still finishing up 3 and just wondering if this was ok.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey y'all! congratulations to those accepted today 🙂 does it seem like cdu releases acceptances around the same time, e.g. mornings?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad