2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also really scary knowing they’ve prob already reviewed my app with the information that people with A have provided.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To my fellow anxious gmail refreshers, which hypothesis do we think is more plausible at this point:

A. All A's have been sent and they are accepting from waitlist.
B. They are sending A's as they review.

To my fellow anxious gmail refreshers, which hypothesis do we think is more plausible at this point:

B

Reactions: 3 users

i think they are still sending out A's as people have posted they got one yesterday and a few days before. But I interviewed in dec so idk what order they are sending them out. I feel like by March 15, all A's will be out and WL/R's will start.

as a 3rd cycle re-applicant, I’m just incredibly grateful to have offers, but this was one of my only chances to stay in state. So so so grateful but still a little bummed
+1
In Cali and really wanna stay here :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

Sorry if it's been asked, but is this school pass/fail?

1678303923485.gif

When I try and tell myself every morning that it’s all going to work out

• Care

B.

Meanwhile, I've been stalking the fb group and watching number increase slowly lol (link is on page 25 or 24. There's 17 people now.)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Meanwhile, I've been stalking the fb group and watching number increase slowly lol (link is on page 25 or 24. There's 17 people now.)
OMG sameeee. i cringe every time. This has been a really difficult and exhausting journey...mentally and physically. I just want to hear the results so I can move on with my life.

Reactions: 2 users
OMG sameeee. i cringe every time. This has been a really difficult and exhausting journey...mentally and physically. I just want to hear the results so I can move on with my life.
Sameeee. But I'm a little better than how i was feeling last week thanks to my therapy session

I just want to be accepted so I can finally have this weight lifted off my shoulders.

I liked it better when I assumed all of us would find out on 3/15. Now I’m constantly checking everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I just want to be accepted so I can finally have this weight lifted off my shoulders.

I liked it better when I assumed all of us would find out on 3/15. Now I’m constantly checking everything.
This!!!!

as a 3rd cycle re-applicant, I’m just incredibly grateful to have offers, but this was one of my only chances to stay in state. So so so grateful but still a little bummed
same, my advisor told me cali schools really wanna keep cali students instate but cali schools have NOT been showing me love :/

• Care
i think they are still sending out A's as people have posted they got one yesterday and a few days before. But I interviewed in dec so idk what order they are sending them out. I feel like by March 15, all A's will be out and WL/R's will start.
It is based on a point system. Higher-ranked students receive an acceptance first. Once your application is reviewed, you are added to the list based on your rank regardless of when you interviewed. I presume all applications will have been looked at by this weekend, and final acceptances will be coming in the next few days.

same, my advisor told me cali schools really wanna keep cali students instate but cali schools have NOT been showing me love :/
haven't heard this before. Cali schools are probably the most competitive in the country. Hard to get into any school.

I check this more then my damn phone

• Haha
Any binge worthy shows y’all recommend to take my mind off this Lmao

• Haha
Dave Chappelle Crackhead GIF

Me: "yall got anymore of them acceptances"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
idk if u've seen the circle, but i've been watching that on netflix. ahahah and the perfect match.

24 (old but fantastic) -on hulu
The Blacklist just returned
If you want to cry, watch A Million Little Things
If you like superhero, the final season of The Flash just started
Snowfall
If you like ratchet, Real Housewives of Potomac, Basketball wives
Last of Us
Love is Blind -Brazil season 1 was good. I still gotta watch their second season
Harlem on Prime
Riches on Prime
All American
All American: Homecoming
The Circle

I have a long list of shows

Last edited:
I don't meet the Orgo lab 2 requirement, but I submitted the prereq table anyway, and I was told that I met the Prereq requirements.
Wait how did you fill out the org2 lab option? And did they email you back telling you that you have met the requirements? Maybe I shot myself in the foot in telling them that I didn’t not meet the requirement by not doing orgo Lab2 in my email

Snowfall
Last of Us
Love is Blind -Brazil season 1 was good. I still gotta watch their second season
Harlem on Prime
Riches on Prime
All American
The Circle

Thankyou !!!!!! I love this

Thankyou !!!!!! I love this
You're welcome! PM if you want more.
If you never watched 24, and like action FBI, CIA, stuff, there are 8 seasons of crazy action with 24 episodes each. Guaranteed to get you hooked and forget about any responsibilities 😂😂

Wait how did you fill out the org2 lab option? And did they email you back telling you that you have met the requirements? Maybe I shot myself in the foot in telling them that I didn’t not meet the requirement by not doing orgo Lab2 in my email
Their table didn't show up properly on the email they sent, so I made my own and didn't mention ochem 2 lab.

The email they sent to verify that they had received my table had the subject prerequisites met, so I assume I have met their requirements.

Did y’all hear back that you met the pre-reqs and then dead silence? What a tease 😭😭

Also, they’re not accepting all high stats first. Mcat bros posted someone was accepted with a 494 and they previously had a 489. So truly seems like a holistic selection.

Did y’all hear back that you met the pre-reqs and then dead silence? What a tease 😭😭
Some people got responses and some didn't.

It's a toss up but I was reading the CDU strategic plan the other day and Dr. Loeza is in charge of leading the application review, candidate interview, and selection processes. (of course Dr. Cortez is the assistant director of admissions helping with stuff and faculty volunteered to interview applicants)

Snowfall
Last of Us
Harlem on Prime
Riches on Prime
All American
The Circle

A couple I would add:
My two favorite-
This is Us (if you really want to cry)
Person of Interest

Because we are on a Pre-Med Board-
Greys Anatomy
ER
St Elsewhere
Chicago Med

Just because-
Greenleaf
The Steve Harvey show

Ted Lasso. Then season 3 starts next Wednesday.

Also, they’re not accepting all high stats first. Mcat bros posted someone was accepted with a 494 and they previously had a 489. So truly seems like a holistic selection.
hopefully this is true. I can see this happening only if the student was a part of their postbacc/undergraduate program and/or from South LA. There are so many factors to an application but I know they were giving priority to students who grew up here.

A couple I would add:
My two favorite-
This is Us (if you really want to cry)
Person of Interest

Because we are on a Pre-Med Board-
Greys Anatomy
ER
St Elsewhere
Chicago Med

Just because-
Greenleaf
The Steve Harvey show
Grey's is great until Cristina is gone but I still watch because I'm too loyal lol
Yesssss ER!!! The blueprint for Greys!
I did finish This Is Us.
YESSSS GREEN LEAF. Have you watched Saints and Sinners???
I just restarted Steve Harvey. Such a classic

I just finished new Amsterdam ! I love me some first seasons of greys