2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's 34 in the facebook group. Admitted folks, how many y'all have in the group me?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, the "traffic rules" are just recommendations AAMC has for the programs

Per second paragraph:
"These guidelines are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of the individual schools or programs. The AAMC understands that an individual’s circumstances (e.g., delays in receiving financial aid offer or other compelling personal reasons) may warrant exception from one or more of the following protocols, and defers to each school’s judgment in such cases."

Basically,they can do what they want lol
Soooooo…..

We’re back to square one. 😓

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email earlier today that financial aid package will come out 4/1/23, I think there will be more movement after then

Just got the prereq request email. Any other applicants went to Berkeley? Not sure what to do since I only have 1 sem of gen chem lab, and 2 sem of ochem lab

I haven’t received the pre req email yet but I’m confused why it’s being sent if we had to do it in the secondary. Any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t received the pre req email yet but I’m confused why it’s being sent if we had to do it in the secondary. Any thoughts?
Everyone didn't receive the email and CDUs secondary didn't have the prereq checklist.

Reactions: 3 users
I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!

I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). It would look bad on their part if they could not fill their first class. Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
I heard starting March 15th that’s why we’re all Mr crabs meme rn

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
so i guess wl and r might be coming soon.

did people who didn't get an II get rejected yet?? are they still interviewing?

I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). It would look bad on their part if they could not fill their first class. Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
I don't think so. directly from their site:
  • Offers of admission: Distributed starting March 15, 2023, and continues until the class is filled
On one of the forums, they said 200 and then said 200-220 a few mins later...I'm sure they'll be able to fill 60 seats. I believe 35 have confirmed their spot already.

Admissions said " Distributed starting March 15"

At least 230 people interviewed by mid Feb, so they'll be good on filling a class unless the financial aid package aint hitting the way it needs to. They also had over 1000 applicants apply before the Feb 28th deadline (this number was in a few news articles)

so i guess wl and r might be coming soon.

did people who didn't get an II get rejected yet?? are they still interviewing?
Remember, application deadline was extended to Feb 28, so if they find someone a good fit, they'll get an interview. Interviews are being sent this month as well. And interviews through April (see admissions process site)

• Offers of admission: Distributed starting March 15, 2023, and continues until the class is filled
On one of the forums, they said 200 and then said 200-220 a few mins later...I'm sure they'll be able to fill 60 seats. I believe 35 have confirmed their spot already.
Yes, I saw that. But during the interview, I think they said by March 15.

either way they should really be communicating with us...

I honestly feel like the March 15th AMCAS guideline is moot due to them not accepting applications until November, roughly six months after other universities. And if they are interviewing through April then March 15th seems implausible for any hard deadlines as well.

Well, we already know there really isn't a concrete date anymore as acceptances were sent out Feb 27. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the people on March 2nd received As, so I'd anticipate As tomorrow like how As came out this past Monday.

Just buckle up, have a Snicker, and take a nap.

either way they should really be communicating with us...
Remember to also give them some grace, I'm sure both Dr. Cortez and Dr. Loeza are inundated on top of whatever other jobs they have. We'll hear something in time.

Reactions: 5 users
I could be wrong, but I feel like all 60 have been given considering when they started.

Original goal was to interview 300. I think it’s possible that number gets reached since dates were pushed back. The 200ish number was before app dates were extended.
Haven’t gone back to check where it was mentioned but ‘sometime in March’ was the most recent goal for starting to notify applicants. Some applicants were notified a couple days before March and I think it’s going to continue in small spurts throughout the rest of the month, or maybe they send out the rest today, but don’t think there’s a hard deadline they’re looking at.
It’s a new program, everything is fluid at this point.
Wishing everyone continued luck and love seeing people post that they got in!! 😊

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Imma need something to shake by tomorrow
giphy.gif

• Haha
forgot to post, but got the A on monday morning! Wishing everyone who hasn’t heard back yet good luck, you got this!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
60 seats for this year's class?

Do they ever sent A's late in the day?
Acceptances will probably keep trickling in between now and early next week. Probably even the weekend.🤞 Especially as more of the offers sent out get declined