-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
Soooooo…..Well, the "traffic rules" are just recommendations AAMC has for the programs
Per second paragraph:
"These guidelines are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of the individual schools or programs. The AAMC understands that an individual’s circumstances (e.g., delays in receiving financial aid offer or other compelling personal reasons) may warrant exception from one or more of the following protocols, and defers to each school’s judgment in such cases."
Basically,they can do what they want lol
We’re back to square one. 😓
futurodoctor
Full Member
right now there are 32 membersThere's 34 in the facebook group. Admitted folks, how many y'all have in the group me?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Got an email earlier today that financial aid package will come out 4/1/23, I think there will be more movement after then
The 3/15 date makes sense again, thanksAren't they supposed to send out at least 60 acceptances by tomorrow?
at least that is what I understand from reading this: Traffic Rules
Oooooo financial aid package.hopefully it's not gonna be an april fools' joke lolGot an email earlier today that financial aid package will come out 4/1/23, I think there will be more movement after then
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
I’m assuming they only sent that email to people with acceptances?Got an email earlier today that financial aid package will come out 4/1/23, I think there will be more movement after then
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Yes!I’m assuming they only sent that email to people with acceptances?
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
Ok good because I got sad 😅Yes!
yeah this is probably the only legitimate thread that discusses it: Post March 15 interviewsThe 3/15 date makes sense again, thanks
marriottlw
New Member
Just got the prereq request email. Any other applicants went to Berkeley? Not sure what to do since I only have 1 sem of gen chem lab, and 2 sem of ochem lab
.
Everyone didn't receive the email and CDUs secondary didn't have the prereq checklist.I haven’t received the pre req email yet but I’m confused why it’s being sent if we had to do it in the secondary. Any thoughts?
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
Anyone hear anything? 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope 🙁Anyone hear anything? 🥲
I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
I heard starting March 15th that’s why we’re all Mr crabs meme rnI am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). It would look bad on their part if they could not fill their first class. Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
so i guess wl and r might be coming soon.I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
did people who didn't get an II get rejected yet?? are they still interviewing?
I don't think so. directly from their site:I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). It would look bad on their part if they could not fill their first class. Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
- Offers of admission: Distributed starting March 15, 2023, and continues until the class is filled
Admissions said " Distributed starting March 15"I am pretty sure they said during the interview we should hear back by March 15 not starting March 15. It was written somewhere and I am trying to find it. This thread said around 200 people interview for 60 spots so I am thinking most people get in (especially URM). It would look bad on their part if they could not fill their first class. Wishing everyone the best of luck but the wait is definitely stressful!
At least 230 people interviewed by mid Feb, so they'll be good on filling a class unless the financial aid package aint hitting the way it needs to. They also had over 1000 applicants apply before the Feb 28th deadline (this number was in a few news articles)
Remember, application deadline was extended to Feb 28, so if they find someone a good fit, they'll get an interview. Interviews are being sent this month as well. And interviews through April (see admissions process site)so i guess wl and r might be coming soon.
did people who didn't get an II get rejected yet?? are they still interviewing?
Yes, I saw that. But during the interview, I think they said by March 15.I don't think so. directly from their site:
On one of the forums, they said 200 and then said 200-220 a few mins later...I'm sure they'll be able to fill 60 seats. I believe 35 have confirmed their spot already.
- Offers of admission: Distributed starting March 15, 2023, and continues until the class is filled
either way they should really be communicating with us...
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
I honestly feel like the March 15th AMCAS guideline is moot due to them not accepting applications until November, roughly six months after other universities. And if they are interviewing through April then March 15th seems implausible for any hard deadlines as well.
Well, we already know there really isn't a concrete date anymore as acceptances were sent out Feb 27. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the people on March 2nd received As, so I'd anticipate As tomorrow like how As came out this past Monday.
Just buckle up, have a Snicker, and take a nap.
Just buckle up, have a Snicker, and take a nap.
Remember to also give them some grace, I'm sure both Dr. Cortez and Dr. Loeza are inundated on top of whatever other jobs they have. We'll hear something in time.either way they should really be communicating with us...
I could be wrong, but I feel like all 60 have been given considering when they started.
oh they def did give 60 i feel like, but maybe some declined the A already!I could be wrong, but I feel like all 60 have been given considering when they started.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Original goal was to interview 300. I think it’s possible that number gets reached since dates were pushed back. The 200ish number was before app dates were extended.
Haven’t gone back to check where it was mentioned but ‘sometime in March’ was the most recent goal for starting to notify applicants. Some applicants were notified a couple days before March and I think it’s going to continue in small spurts throughout the rest of the month, or maybe they send out the rest today, but don’t think there’s a hard deadline they’re looking at.
It’s a new program, everything is fluid at this point.
Wishing everyone continued luck and love seeing people post that they got in!! 😊
Haven’t gone back to check where it was mentioned but ‘sometime in March’ was the most recent goal for starting to notify applicants. Some applicants were notified a couple days before March and I think it’s going to continue in small spurts throughout the rest of the month, or maybe they send out the rest today, but don’t think there’s a hard deadline they’re looking at.
It’s a new program, everything is fluid at this point.
Wishing everyone continued luck and love seeing people post that they got in!! 😊
AnApple365
Full Member
Imma need something to shake by tomorrow
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
Just keep hitting that refresh
strawberryjam13
Full Member
forgot to post, but got the A on monday morning! Wishing everyone who hasn’t heard back yet good luck, you got this!
60 seats for this year's class?I don't think so. directly from their site:
On one of the forums, they said 200 and then said 200-220 a few mins later...I'm sure they'll be able to fill 60 seats. I believe 35 have confirmed their spot already.
- Offers of admission: Distributed starting March 15, 2023, and continues until the class is filled
DrFireFlies
Full Member
60 seats for this year's class?
Yeah
Wow so little. Interested to see the data from this class on MSARYeah
forgot to post, but got the A on monday morning! Wishing everyone who hasn’t heard back yet good luck, you got this!
Ayeeee
DrFireFlies
Full Member
We’re gonna get A’s y’all! Mark my words [emoji56]
I feel like some people received it around 11-1130PM PST but I could be imagining that from somewhere else...Do they ever sent A's late in the day?
You're correctI feel like some people received it around 11-1130PM PST but I could be imagining that from somewhere else...
Acceptances will probably keep trickling in between now and early next week. Probably even the weekend.🤞 Especially as more of the offers sent out get declinedDo they ever sent A's late in the day?
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
Hi everyone! Another day...another refresh of the email.
Idk why I'm refreshing my email as if my gmail is not synced to my phone and instantly sends me a notification 😂😂Hi everyone! Another day...another refresh of the email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lmao same, also checking promotions, social and spam folders lmao. and sdn.Idk why I'm refreshing my email as if my gmail is not synced to my phone and instantly sends me a notification 😂😂
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
It could glitch! You don't know!Idk why I'm refreshing my email as if my gmail is not synced to my phone and instantly sends me a notification 😂😂
I have a Pixel 7. So, if my gmail glitches, on this google phone, when this important email comes thru, google will have to catch some hands asap🤣It could glitch! You don't know!
NotTheActualLizTaylor
Full Member
I have a Pixel 7. So, if my gmail glitches, on this google phone, when this important email comes thru, google will have to catch some hands asap🤣
We take the 5 to San Jose then left on the 280 to their headquarters
Ahhhh so you'll be my public transportation buddy because I'm definitely OOS.View attachment 367813
We take the 5 to San Jose then left on the 280 to their headquarters