2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahhhh so you'll be my public transportation buddy because I'm definitely OOS.
this sounds like team work again if anyone from admissions is reading ;)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The waiting is agonizing I wish they never gave a date

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone attending the virtual open house on Saturday? It's for all of CDU, but they are including the new med school. (I saw the flier on their IG and the CDU website)

I looked at the events calendar and CDU MD second look is scheduled for April 14th at noon

So...does this mean for those who are waiting, our apps won't be evaluated until then?
I highly doubt they're just gonna stop looking at apps. It means if people attend second look and have multiple acceptances, second look could sway their decision, resulting in declining an acceptance and a seat for one of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
nothing at all :( idk why i thought by march 15 i would hear something at least.

Reactions: 1 users

Here it is darlings

• Haha

Here it is darlings
thank you bc i was still looking for y’all n couldn’t find it even tho i’m can’t go 😭

If it helps ease your mind, no new members added to the FB group this week lol

Reactions: 3 users
A’s still need to be distributed. Just pray and relax guys everything will work out

If anyone is interested in watching the CDU/UCLA match is live rn! These match days always make me so happy:)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
So CDU/ucla had their match day on the Charles drew campus today. This makes me wonder just how this new medical school differs much from the drew ucla program… in terms of curriculum, and rotations

So CDU/ucla had their match day on the Charles drew campus today. This makes me wonder just how this new medical school differs much from the drew ucla program… in terms of curriculum, and rotations
it is a whole different school (different rotations, curriculum). I was told during my interview that we would not interact at all with the students from the other program. The LCME apparently wants no overlapping.

I do think they will take inspiration from the CDU/UCLA program though and take insight from the professors as to what works and what doesn’t

I do think they will take inspiration from the CDU/UCLA program though and take insight from the professors as to what works and what doesn’t
Possibly but the only thing we know is a fact is that they are two different programs.

Would it be weird to ask for an update or is it too early?

I’d wait till like mom or Tuesday. You’ll most likely not get a response due to all the buzz for match day and if you send it to early it might get lost in among other mails they’ll receive throughout the weekend

My bet is the committee met these past few days and will probably meet through the weekend. I think we will get a response soon. Almost certainly before March 31st

Dr. Loeza said that she offered admissions to more than 60 students but she can’t admit anymore until people drop off and strongly encourage people with A’s to let them know if they want to decline their offer. & Dr. Cortez said that they still require the prerequisites for people who have an A.

Dr. Loeza said that she offered admissions to more than 60 students but she can’t admit anymore until people drop off and strongly encourage people with A’s to let them know if they want to decline their offer. & Dr. Cortez said that they still require the prerequisites for people who have an A.
wow thanks. how many people are logged onto the admitted students day rn? also could u ask when they plan to send rejections and WL?

There were about 55 people in our zoom meeting and I know a few people were unable to join. But I would expect a lot of movement coming in the next few weeks, so don’t be discouraged!!

• Care
wow thanks. how many people are logged onto the admitted students day rn? also could u ask when they plan to send rejections and WL?

We just logged off. I’m not sure about WL, but I highly doubt R’s are coming because Loeza even. said “I’m sure some of you have multiple acceptances”, so I’m sure she expects a few people to decline their A eventually.

There were about 55 people in our zoom meeting and I know a few people were unable to join. But I would expect a lot of movement coming in the next few weeks, so don’t be discouraged!!
I agree with this, as WL movement happens and scholarships and financials at CDU and other schools get figured out there will be movement. I know for me finances is a big concern with the high COL and it may not be economically feasible to attend CDU, even if it is my preferred choice.

Reactions: 4 users
When will financial aid become available?
I think initial financial packages will be available in April, with other scholarships awarded at end of April or later. They’re still figuring it out.