2022-2023 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i thought that was an R okok

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
non-update update email received
OOS, submitted mid-July

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I actually felt encouraged by that email... like I have a real chance... LOL!

Acceptance email about half an hour ago! Interviewed 1/20, OOS, Milwaukee campus

Reactions: 7 users
great news! fast turnaround time... you both must be great candidates. congrats!

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed 1/20, got the A at 5:59am today

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted via email a few hours ago! Interviewed 1/6

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/13. Acceptance received by email this afternoon. Congrats future docs!

MSTP status still unknown.

Anyone interview and have an interviewer that was hard to read/more uptight and get an acceptance? Stressing about one of my interviews 😅

Anyone interview and have an interviewer that was hard to read/more uptight and get an acceptance? Stressing about one of my interviews 😅
I had an interviewer who was an MD from an intense specialty. He was brilliant but very intense as a person, didn't really smile, didn't give me too many indications when he spoke. However, I stayed firm on what I knew (for example, spoke about some lessons I learned from my troubled background), and by the end of it I think we felt mutually at ease. Easier said than done, but don't stress too much.

As long as you didn't claim to be a leet 420 gamer, and come across as a good person who knows why you're in that interview room, I would say you're good.

• Care
Accepted earlier today! Interviewed 1/20. Super stoked, good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!

Last edited:
Did anyone got the application update email yesterday that say MCW is starting “the second half of the application cycle”?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone got the application update email yesterday that say MCW is starting “the second half of the application cycle”?
I got it on thursday. I've gotten three "update" emails thanking for my continued interest (generic emails). Submitted Early august.
Its interesting they say second half of cycle but there's only like 1ish months left of interviewing until early march so like ..? lol
Also does any cycle activity happen on Saturdays? sometimes i see people posting sdn stuff on Saturdays just wondering

I got it on thursday. I've gotten three "update" emails thanking for my continued interest (generic emails). Submitted Early august.
Its interesting they say second half of cycle but there's only like 1ish months left of interviewing until early march so like ..? lol
Also does any cycle activity happen on Saturdays? sometimes i see people posting sdn stuff on Saturdays just wondering
everyone got the three updates.
mcw sends ii and a's throughout anytime of the day or week! i know many people got ii on saturday or sunday.

everyone got the three updates.
mcw sends ii and a's throughout anytime of the day or week! i know many people got ii on saturday or sunday.
yeah i figured theyve been sending updates to everyone ... i appreciate the communication by mcw tbh
and thanks didn't know they did iis on weekends <3 best of luck to all xx

Got the update e-mail Thursday and got an II today in the early morning.

Complete August 20thish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
II received today for Milwaukee campus! Complete 7/15, OOS, LM 67.5

Reactions: 8 users
Can any current student answer if we get laptops/ipads? stethoscope/otoscope etc? what we need to buy vs what we get?

Congrats to everyone who got the A. Just so you know, it is typically an incoming M1 who makes the Facebook group for their class. Since there is still no FB or GroupMe, I suggest someone (preferably someone who is for sure going to be attending MCW) create that page soon

Congrats to everyone who got the A. Just so you know, it is typically an incoming M1 who makes the Facebook group for their class. Since there is still no FB or GroupMe, I suggest someone (preferably someone who is for sure going to be attending MCW) create that page soon
Second this, if any of you are committed here I recommend starting a page so y'all can start connecting and search for roommates

This one's already made

I was wondering why he is. So weird lol
He did something similar with Drexel’s accepted students group. Best to avoid them at all costs and for an accepted student who’s committed to MCW to make a legitimate page

^^ MCATBros is not affiliated with MCW, nor should they be an admin for MCW Students. That page is not a good resource, please create a new one for your own class.

I've been seeing them around every med school prospective student page, DO and MD. How do these guys have the time to do this? You can't sell MCAT stuff to people who've already been admitted anyway. They have made GroupMe's, FB pages, Discord chats, and more for incoming classes.

I've been seeing them around every med school prospective student page, DO and MD. How do these guys have the time to do this? You can't sell MCAT stuff to people who've already been admitted anyway. They have made GroupMe's, FB pages, Discord chats, and more for incoming classes.

He just tries to be involved in everything. Odd behavior fr

II yesterday for the Milwaukee campus, any tips for interview day is appreciated.

Reactions: 5 users
II yesterday for the Milwaukee campus, any tips for interview day is appreciated.
As cheesy as it sounds really just be yourself and try to relax. Obviously you'll have anxiety, but it really is a conversational interview. One thing I would say is be ready to talk about yourself with things you want to highlight. I wasn't prepared to talk about my application without a question being asked of me which lessened the information I portrayed to my interviewers. But it all turned out all right as I'm accepted at MKE.

As cheesy as it sounds really just be yourself and try to relax. Obviously you'll have anxiety, but it really is a conversational interview. One thing I would say is be ready to talk about yourself with things you want to highlight. I wasn't prepared to talk about my application without a question being asked of me which lessened the information I portrayed to my interviewers. But it all turned out all right as I'm accepted at MKE.
Thank you and congrats on the acceptance

II for milwaukee this morning! was so surprised 😲

Congrats,,When are you complete?

Last edited:
Anyone who completed their secondary in October hear back yet

Bruh even some of us August peeps are like pls tell me SOMETHING other than happy holidays, the fact that you are thankful for my interest in your school, and that you are still considering my application... :cryi: but also :lol: idek at this point

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Bruh even some of us August peeps are like pls tell me SOMETHING other than happy holidays, the fact that you are thankful for my interest in your school, and that you are still considering my application... :cryi: but also :lol: idek at this point
Lol I submitted in July

Incredibly jealous of you but Congrats!! Knock their socks off in your interview, you got this

• Care
II early today. OOS. complete in mid-Aug

Milwaukee campus

Last edited:
Has anyone submitted an update/letter of interest to this school? If so, did you upload it to the portal, or just email them? I'm wondering if it is better to use the portal or email admissions. Like does admissions get a notification that you uploaded something, or do they only notice once they decide to look at your file?

Has anyone submitted an update/letter of interest to this school? If so, did you upload it to the portal, or just email them? I'm wondering if it is better to use the portal or email admissions. Like does admissions get a notification that you uploaded something, or do they only notice once they decide to look at your file?
Usually if there's an option to submit updates on a school's portal, they literally do that because they don't want people emailing them updates. I didn't realize one of my other schools had an option on their portal, and when I emailed it, they just responded with instructions on how to upload it to their portal

Reactions: 2 users