2022-2023 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received 12/3 complete 7/26

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Woke up to an A at the MKE campus!! Great way to start the day!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
A this morning for the Milwaukee campus as well. Interviewed 12/2!

Reactions: 4 users
Got the A! wasn’t expecting anything until 12/19!

congrats to all those getting those acceptances today!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed in November hear back yet? I’m so nervous I could cry 😩

A @ Milwaukee, interviewed on 11/18.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got the A today! It's the 1 year anniversary of me getting my own A after interviewing mid-to-late November. MCW likes to push out all decisions from that time today since it is the last day before the campus shuts down for break, so those of you with no news from November interviews should definitely be hearing back today. Those of you that will get the WL, don't worry. Our waitlist is not as good at moving as some other schools, but I have multiple friends who got in off the waitlist (in June...but STILL)

Happy Holidays!

Congrats to everyone who got the A today! It's the 1 year anniversary of me getting my own A after interviewing mid-to-late November. MCW likes to push out all decisions from that time today since it is the last day before the campus shuts down for break, so those of you with no news from November interviews should definitely be hearing back today. Those of you that will get the WL, don't worry. Our waitlist is not as good at moving as some other schools, but I have multiple friends who got in off the waitlist (in June...but STILL)

Happy Holidays!

Any hope for us simpletons who haven’t heard anything from the school yet ?

Anyone who interviewed 12/9 hear back yet? Does anyone know if we will likely hear back after the holidays?

Email

Happy Holidays!
Do you know if they send some As on the 19th or during the break? I still haven’t received any information back and it’s 5 pm

Those of you who haven't gotten an II yet, there are still invites being sent out.

All correspondence will be through email, and spam filters love MCW so be sure to check that.

Also, Rs/WLs/As can roll out in 1 day or several, so if you already interviewed and haven't heard back yet just keep your eye on the inbox.

Reactions: 6 users
A just now! OOS, LM 73. I am beyond stoked. There’s hope for us reapplicants!

• Love
For those who haven’t gotten an II yet, I got mine in February and was accepted by end of Feb. Currently an M1. There is so much time left! SDN is extremely overwhelming and seems like everyone is doing better than you. (hint it’s a lie/trap!)

Reactions: 16 users
For those who haven’t gotten an II yet, I got mine in February and was accepted by end of Feb. Currently an M1. There is so much time left! SDN is extremely overwhelming and seems like everyone is doing better than you. (hint it’s a lie/trap!)
I’m putting this one on my fridge

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Submitted primary 6/29, verified 7/29, secondaries submitted Aug 2nd...still haven't heard anything back. I have heard about a bunch of people getting II's in Jan/Feb, but should I submit a letter of interest at this point? I already sent two updates back in late October.

I am a WI resident, (felt like I) wrote strong essays, and have been in contact with a family friend who is a faculty member at their Central WI campus (which is coincidentally in my hometown).

Submitted primary 6/29, verified 7/29, secondaries submitted Aug 2nd...still haven't heard anything back. I have heard about a bunch of people getting II's in Jan/Feb, but should I submit a letter of interest at this point? I already sent two updates back in late October.

I am a WI resident, (felt like I) wrote strong essays, and have been in contact with a family friend who is a faculty member at their Central WI campus (which is coincidentally in my hometown).

Have pretty much the same story as you, know a faculty member as well, I did send an interest later and a couple updates, but nothing yet

Did you apply to the CW campus as the first ranking?

I’m almost positive the faculty at CW has no decision influence on II at the MKE campus, each campus has their own admissions people deciding who they want to sent out II too and accept.

i really needed to hear this. thank you <3

Does anyone know where to find MCW Milwaukee's Match list with location information?

Got a hat sent to me which was really nice of them! Interviewed a few weeks ago but got waitlisted and from what I’ve read the WL movement at this school is not good so I guess I got a free hat?? Yay!! Thank you MCW 😂

Reactions: 5 users
Got a hat sent to me which was really nice of them! Interviewed a few weeks ago but got waitlisted and from what I’ve read the WL movement at this school is not good so I guess I got a free hat?? Yay!! Thank you MCW 😂
I was accepted in like September and didn't get a drop of merch; I am in tears

I was accepted in like September and didn't get a drop of merch; I am in tears
If you haven't gotten the welcome package, email admissions. I'm dead serious, that package is a hallowed thing here haha.

Don't believe everything you hear. I myself heard that WL movement was bad, but several of my friends in my close circle got off the WL anytime between May and July. And that's only my friends group, we're a small subgroup out of the full 227 of us in the student body. So if you're WL'd, don't lose hope. Obviously don't expect an A, but don't write it off yet either. There's a reason even people on the WL get the merch package.

Don't believe everything you hear. I myself heard that WL movement was bad, but several of my friends in my close circle got off the WL anytime between May and July. And that's only my friends group, we're a small subgroup out of the full 227 of us in the student body. So if you're WL'd, don't lose hope. Obviously don't expect an A, but don't write it off yet either. There's a reason even people on the WL get the merch package.
Thank you! Yes it was really hard to hear that the WL movement isn’t great at this school but I won’t lose hope! Fingers crossed the mercy package means something good lol 🤞

Thank you! Yes it was really hard to hear that the WL movement isn’t great at this school but I won’t lose hope! Fingers crossed the mercy package means something good lol
MSAR states that last year 50 WL folks were accepted off a wait-list of 125 to 250.

Are the faculty interviewers at this school MDs or are there PhD interviewers too for the MD program? What's the difference between the two?

complete silence from this school since being completed 7/5. Anyone else?

Reactions: 7 users