You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
meowmix2099
Full Member
Also interviewed January but haven’t received any emails today…Have any January interviewees gotten an A yet? I don't have a WL, hoping I didn't get an R.
Yes, I got separate emails decisions from PRIME and GeffenFor those who interviewed for PRIME and regular geffen, did you get a separate admissions email for geffen?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
poopydoopy
New Member
Okay good to know! I assumed my PRIME WL was also for geffen, after you accepted your WL for PRIME, did your portal say it was for class of 2021 or is mine trippen lmaoYes, I got separate emails decisions from PRIME and Geffen
Might be sending them in waves?Also interviewed January but haven’t received any emails today…
Movement went past "top of WL" for last cycle and the cycle before, but it totally depends on how many students with As decide to matriculate here.Thank you! Does anyone know if there is movement past the folks who have been told they’re at the top 🤔
fwiw like the first 5-10 people that posted abt WL (without top of WL designation) all got in last yr, i'm a reapplicant and remember seeing tons of ppl get in during the first week of May so fingers crossed!Movement went past "top of WL" for last cycle and the cycle before, but it totally depends on how many students with As decide to matriculate here.
Yeah I have two "Admissions Decision" tabs on my portal, and my PRIME one says 2021 entering class lolOkay good to know! I assumed my PRIME WL was also for geffen, after you accepted your WL for PRIME, did your portal say it was for class of 2021 or is mine trippen lmao
siperbigbowl
Full Member
I checked my portal and found that I am waitlisted, but I did not receive an email! Check your portal guys there maybe news!
Where do you see that on your portal?I checked my portal and found that I am waitlisted, but I did not receive an email! Check your portal guys there maybe news!
siperbigbowl
Full Member
Next to the Interview tab, it popped up an Admission Decision tab, I clicked it, then it allows me to choose accept or decline waitlist
Damn, no such tab on my portal!Next to the Interview tab, it popped up an Admission Decision tab, I clicked it, then it allows me to choose accept or decline waitlist
siperbigbowl
Full Member
Damn, no such tab on my portal!
I’m sure they haven’t done sending out waitlists! There will be more coming!
D
deleted1017183
You hold on to your second choice and when/if you get accepted to UCLA you can then choose them as your medical school.So what do we do about other acceptances if UCLA is our top choice and we’re on the waitlist until May (looks like that’s when movement is)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
man feeling not so good about WL 🙁 does anyone know if ucla will take letter of interest or if there's anything to do at this point ??
I’m wondering, we’re these classmates all in regular MD?Anecdotally from classmates, some got a straight A (no prior alt list or anything like that) in April around 2nd look time.
D
deleted1139705
No waitlist, likely R. I’m starting to think medical schools found out who I was from my SDN.
Yes, from traditional DGSOM track.I’m wondering, we’re these classmates all in regular MD?
Have there been any January As (as in, those who interviewed in January) given at all this year so far?
siperbigbowl
Full Member
What do you guys think of sending a letter of interest/intent? When ucla said multiple times they don’t consider it
I wouldn't. Only makes you look like you can't follow directions or are too desperate. Only send those to schools that enjoy making students beg lolWhat do you guys think of sending a letter of interest/intent? When ucla said multiple times they don’t consider it
*cough* Mayo *cough*I wouldn't. Only makes you look like you can't follow directions or are too desperate. Only send those to schools that enjoy making students beg lol
Probably? Though I may be unrealistically hoping for one more round of As tomorrow or Friday.... [emoji1782]So is there a pattern to this at all..? Like they've sent out their WL wave so now if you haven't heard back it's just R's?
[emoji445][emoji444] hello Thursday, my old friend [emoji444][emoji445]
ladoctora100
Full Member
For those waitlisted to PRIME, does it finally show on the CYMS tool on AMCAS?
Maximus0703
Full Member
It shows up for regular MDFor those waitlisted to PRIME, does it finally show on the CYMS tool on AMCAS?
ladoctora100
Full Member
okay cool thanks I interviewed for both programs but haven't heard back from Geffen so was just curious >.<It shows up for regular MD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1154868
Interested to see if WLs being sent out means no more As until May...
Historically that seems to be the case. But who knows! I've heard of some people getting offers from WL in AprilInterested to see if WLs being sent out means no more As until May...
It was As on Thursdays at 3pm PST or Friday at 10am PST for awhile, but then they sent the WLs on Tuesday. For those who haven't yet heard back, it's probably an R, but there's still a chance for an A, I think, based on previous years threads.i really don’t understand the pattern that dgsom is sending these decisions out - does that mean if you haven’t heard back you could get a straight A??
I would think there are more WL's coming out since this Tuesday was the first WL wave, no?It was As on Thursdays at 3pm PST or Friday at 10am PST for awhile, but then they sent the WLs on Tuesday. For those who haven't yet heard back, it's probably an R, but there's still a chance for an A, I think, based on previous years threads.
BTW, in case anybody in WL was unaware, we probably won't see any movement from the WL until May 1st according to their waitlist procedures that you can check out below.
Also according to their WL procedures, around 50 acceptance offers go out from ~150 WL positions.
+1 to WL from Tuesday 3/7 btw.
Also according to their WL procedures, around 50 acceptance offers go out from ~150 WL positions.
+1 to WL from Tuesday 3/7 btw.
Last edited:
Interviewed in September and still radio silence 🙃
Just got a call for full tuition scholarship 🙂
Same . Interviewed 9/19.Interviewed in September and still radio silence 🙃
Also got a call for a full ride scholarship 😭
JonoProBono
New Member
got the call for a full tuition scholarship!!!
D
deleted1154868
Wait, weren't you saying a few days ago that you were waitlisted?Also got a call for a full ride scholarship 😭
Linus_Van_Pelt
New Member
I got the call for the DGSOM Impact and Distinction full-ride Scholarship!!! 😭 This is truly one of the most amazing moments ever. I am SO THANKFUL! Looking forward to seeing you all this fall!
Yes, waitlisted for PRIME, but accepted to Geffen 😊Wait, weren't you saying a few days ago that you were waitlisted?
+1 for full tuition!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
xxcrepesxx
Full Member
mannn 😢. do y'all think so? last year I saw that there were some calls the following Monday. but I might just be delusionalI wonder if that’s the end for their scholarship offers
mannn 😢. do y'all think so? last year I saw that there were some calls the following Monday. but I might just be delusional
Saw that too, but idk, hopefully some more come out.
do you happen to know if is this just for prime-LA or DGSOM too?Contacted prime-La and they said all As and WLs have gone out 😭 and that Rs should be going out next week. How devastating 😭