Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some TMDSAS schools stop sending interview invitations out in November, but more of them carry on through December, January, or even early February.Mathematically speaking is pretty much over.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Some TMDSAS schools stop sending interview invitations out in November, but more of them carry on through December, January, or even early February.Mathematically speaking is pretty much over.
Appreciate the positivity! I sent my secondary in very early, so I believe they've reviewed my app. But I will continue to hold on to a sliver of hope!
I second this, fresh also has great Sushi!As a former Tyler resident, (who will most likely not be returning since the med school doesn't seem interested in my app) you will LOVE Fresh! It's definitely on the pricy end, but they have amazing fresh juice and great specialty products. I miss that place!
And yes, time to start scouting roommates ready for this grind for the next 4 years!They need to hurry up and start sending acceptances so I can fill up my Pinterest board with room decoration ideas and start planning where I’ll shop for groceries if I’m not bogged down with studying haha.
All other TMDSAS have ore than 40 spots to give out.Some TMDSAS schools stop sending interview invitations out in November, but more of them carry on through December, January, or even early February.
House so you can have a Dog to give you hugs and kisses when studying for USMLE....I’d wait until after the match to start thinking about roommates, or trying to figure out whether you want to rent or buy a house or things of that nature.
Haha true. I’ve lived in tyler my whole life and went to college here and UTT is my top choice and only acceptance currently, but just thinking it’s exciting to see who else is going to be apart of the cohort!I’d wait until after the match to start thinking about roommates, or trying to figure out whether you want to rent or buy a house or things of that nature.
I’m tryna be a part of that cohort shawty 😭Haha true. I’ve lived in tyler my whole life and went to college here and UTT is my top choice and only acceptance currently, but just thinking it’s exciting to see who else is going to be apart of the cohort!
Wasabi is a good place for Sushi!I second this, fresh also has great Sushi!
And yes, time to start scouting roommates ready for this grind for the next 4 years!
Congratulations! Offers and such are handled directly with the school, so either use their portal or email UT Tyler admissions.Hello everyone! Sorry to be late to the party. I am fortunate to have recieved an offer from UTT last Monday. I was wondering for those that have been accepted, have you been able to accept the offer on the UTT secondary portal or/and on TMDSAS?
Both me and the other student known to be accepted haven’t seen anything yet! We reached out to the school to accept the offer since it hasn’t shown in the portal and they said they will let us know when it is updated with the prematch offer!Hello everyone! Sorry to be late to the party. I am fortunate to have recieved an offer from UTT last Monday. I was wondering for those that have been accepted, have you been able to accept the offer on the UTT secondary portal or/and on TMDSAS?
Ah, thats reassuring. Thank you for that information. I did the same thing to accept the offer, as I know there is a 2wk response timeline. Also, congratulations to you!Both me and the other student known to be accepted haven’t seen anything yet! We reached out to the school to accept the offer since it hasn’t shown in the portal and they said they will let us know when it is updated with the prematch offer!
Did you hear something just now or just hoping they release news?TOOOMORROOOWWWWW! Fingers crossed for everyone! And remember- you don't have to be one of the first few called, you just have to be in the top 40!
hoping lol... manifesting maybe (?)Did you hear something just now or just hoping they release news?
Tomorrow is just the day they said they would begin releasing more updatesDid you hear something just now or just hoping they release news?
don’t they have to send rejections once they’ve given out all their interview invites?Do y’all think interview spots have already filled up?
I think they just wait until matchdon’t they have to send rejections once they’ve given out all their interview invites?
I really hope we hear back tomorrow.. or at least someone on the thread does. The wait is driving me crazy.hoping lol... manifesting maybe (?)
Nobody can say for certain! But I would assume the last of them would be going out soonSo last II Batch if any should go out this week as well?
They just said December though....not a particular day. I am hoping it is early in the month and not right before the holidays!Tomorrow is just the day they said they would begin releasing more updates
They just said December though....not a particular day. I am hoping it is early in the month and not right before the holidays!
I feel like especially since they started earlier than they said they were going to, they’ll send out pre-matches in the next week if not tomorrow.I have a feeling it will be this week or next week for the next round of pre-matches, I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned how admissions committee said “early December” and before the holidays. But you’re right they could come at any time it is just a waiting game now.
MSAR says december 1 and they said during the AMCAS fair they said that was the earliest dayThey just said December though....not a particular day. I am hoping it is early in the month and not right before the holidays!
Is this ok to call and ask?Hello! Y’all I’m currently an applicant to UT Tyler with ties to East Texas (been complete since September). I haven’t heard anything about an interview and was wondering if y’all believe they are done sending them out? Lastly, for those who interviewed - did you catch any Black or Hispanic applicants at any of the interviews?
I did. I was told my application was sent in for interview consideration.Is this ok to call and ask?
I saw a couple of Hispanic students during my interview (only 12 people on that day). This school, like every medical school in the country, is definitely committed to diversity. If you look at their scoring “rubric” or Pillars, you can see they give weight to URM status, 1st Gen, disadvantaged, etc.Hello! Y’all I’m currently an applicant to UT Tyler with ties to East Texas (been complete since September). I haven’t heard anything about an interview and was wondering if y’all believe they are done sending them out? Lastly, for those who interviewed - did you catch any Black or Hispanic applicants at any of the interviews?
There was both at my interview! And they are required to let applicants know when there’s no spots left.Hello! Y’all I’m currently an applicant to UT Tyler with ties to East Texas (been complete since September). I haven’t heard anything about an interview and was wondering if y’all believe they are done sending them out? Lastly, for those who interviewed - did you catch any Black or Hispanic applicants at any of the interviews?
my friend is ETX local and submitted in October and got an IIRyker, I am Hispanic....completed mid-September. I honestly think completed it late. 🙁 I think they may have gotten flooded early and maybe later completed apps are just too late. Just my opinion though.
Love that for them!my friend is ETX local and submitted in October and got an II
Let's get it man! Hope it works out for youThank you! For replying back. This is my first time applying. Been out of school for about three years now so I’m just ready to get the ball rolling on this next stage lol.
I can only speak for my interview, but there was like 2 Black people and like maybe 2 Hispanics.Hello! Y’all I’m currently an applicant to UT Tyler with ties to East Texas (been complete since September). I haven’t heard anything about an interview and was wondering if y’all believe they are done sending them out? Lastly, for those who interviewed - did you catch any Black or Hispanic applicants at any of the interviews?
One of the problems with the process is that same candidates are usually attractive to all the schools. So if there are some great URM applicants, they get all the interviews as well as admissions. Hopefully there is enough of them to go around for all the schools.I can only speak for my interview, but there was like 2 Black people and like maybe 2 Hispanics.
Not sure, but UTT is showing in my rank preference list as of this morning! Do you not have it still?They are still trying to fix some people's portals- I wonder if they're going to delay until TMDSAS fixes the bug.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.