2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning but the March 30th day, the only one available, says its deadline has passed?? did I legit miss it or will there be others?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning but the March 30th day, the only one available, says its deadline has passed?? did I legit miss it or will there be others?
Seems like the March 30 slots got filled up because they were available when I scheduled my interview this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, is the panel interview that long? Usually they last an hour at the most
I had my interview back in January and it was 3 hrs- the interview itself was only 30 mins but the rest of the time was like informational sessions

I had my interview back in January and it was 3 hrs- the interview itself was only 30 mins but the rest of the time was like informational sessions
Alright, that breakdown definitely makes sense. Thank you! :)

when are those who interviewed 2/24 expected to hear back?

Reactions: 3 users
when are those who interviewed 2/24 expected to hear back?
Also interviewed 2/24 and haven’t heard anything! I was assuming sometime this week, based on what they said at the interview

Anyone else doing the ISAC program? I just received an acceptance for it 😬

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, is the panel interview that long? Usually they last an hour at the most
So the interview itself was 30 mins(mine ended in about 20-25 mins). You may or may not get multiple interviewers. MMI was like 15 mins(2 stations)

So the interview itself was 30 mins(mine ended in about 20-25 mins). You may or may not get multiple interviewers. MMI was like 15 mins(2 stations)
That doesn't sound too bad then. That's really helpful to know, thank you!

Anyone here planning to move to Pomona?? Have you searched for any housing options? Daumier seems like the best option but would like to know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad :)
Daumier is very expensive and gives you the college freshman experience. The only attraction is that it’s close to/on campus so getting to classes is easier (if you choose to go).

A lot of ppl live in cities surrounding Pomona(Pomona itself isn’t the best area). Chino, chino hills, Montclair, upland, Ontario, Rancho, and more western cities are all good options. Just depends on your willingness to drive.

Hey everyone, I was recently accepted to the ISAC program but I'm unsure if I’m gonna attend Western yet (still waiting for decisions from other schools). Does anyone know if it's possible for me to accept the offer now and withdraw (before ISAC begins) if I decide to attend another school later?

Hey everyone, I was recently accepted to the ISAC program but I'm unsure if I’m gonna attend Western yet (still waiting for decisions from other schools). Does anyone know if it's possible for me to accept the offer now and withdraw (before ISAC begins) if I decide to attend another school later?
I’m in the same boat. They keep a waitlist for ISAC so I think they expect some last-minute withdrawals if we end up attending elsewhere.

I’m in the same boat. They keep a waitlist for ISAC so I think they expect some last-minute withdrawals if we end up attending elsewhere.
yeah I think so too, I'm probably gonna accept now and withdraw later if anything changes.

Alternate list just now. Interviewed 2/24 :(

Does anyone what are the chances of getting accepted from the alternate list?

• Care
Status update via email and letter on the portal. The letter said the class was full as of now and I was added to the waitlist.

Alternate list just now. Interviewed 2/24 :(

Does anyone what are the chances of getting accepted from the alternate list?
+1
At the interview day, they mentioned that it's varies a lot, sometimes they take a lot of people off the alternate list, and some years very few

Status update via email and letter on the portal. The letter said the class was full as of now and I was added to the waitlist.
I’m interviewing at the end of March. Does it mean all interviews are for the waitlist now?

Wow lol….that hurts cuz I was going to get an earlier interview date but I delayed it a bit too long and I was only able to get mid March…..

Hi everyone!

Just to let everyone feel better, they are interviewing through MAY!
Also, I was told the class is not full...

EDIT: This is just what I was told. Sounds like a lot of conflicting information is being told though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone!

Just to let everyone feel better, they are interviewing through MAY!
Also, I was told the class is not full...
Omg, thanks!! That's such a relief to know. Were you told recently about the class not being full yet?

I have an interview scheduled for later this month and was also told conflicting information, but latest I was told was that the class is not full at this time. Thus, the post interview decisions do not make sense if this is the case. I wonder if someone can confirm this for us in any way. It seems like there has always been a lot of movement come May--July, so we should have our hopes up either way if we made it to the interview!

Reactions: 2 users
FYI I also emailed Judith Mauricio, the admissions counselor listed on the application site, about interview dates.
I heard from a reliable source they are interviewing through May, and someone else just said only through March.

I have an interview scheduled for later this month and was also told conflicting information, but latest I was told was that the class is not full at this time. Thus, the post interview decisions do not make sense if this is the case. I wonder if someone can confirm this for us in any way. It seems like there has always been a lot of movement come May--July, so we should have our hopes up either way if we made it to the interview!
At my interview this morning, they said they interview ~800 people and give about 500 offers. I wonder if the "class is full" statement just means they've given out the same # of As as the anticipated matriculating class size (around 220). This is just a theory please take it with a mountain of salt.

At my interview this morning, they said they interview ~800 people and give about 500 offers. I wonder if the "class is full" statement just means they've given out the same # of As as the anticipated matriculating class size (around 220). This is just a theory please take it with a mountain of salt.
That somewhat makes sense though. So, I’m assuming that in addition to 500 direct acceptances, they waitlist a lot of people or put them on the alternate list?

I am guessing the phrasing means COMP currently has a full class worth of people who confirmed their intent to enroll (maybe also paid the seat deposit) or have already given the 500 acceptance offers out. So until applicants officially withdraw their applications, maybe COMP can’t offer any more spots? This is guaranteed to happen a lot in the coming months as those people get last minute MD acceptances, off of other WL’s, etc. Idk if the class is actually full, that’s just what the status update said but they could just be trying to make waitlisted people feel better lol

*Edited for clarity

Last edited:
1679092609918.png

where decision

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Finally got a response from admissions:

Interviews are being held through April and acceptances are on a rolling basis.

Is anyone looking into living at the Daumier? I was thinking of signing a lease but not sure yet

Heard it’s actually 93% match, the rest SOAPed
93% pre-soap, 100% post-soap. They also count ppl who only partially matched tho (ie: match your prelim/ty year but no advance program)

Think most DO schools do this

Is anyone looking into living at the Daumier? I was thinking of signing a lease but not sure yet
Worth if you actually plan on going to class, vast majority of students don’t ever or give up on it by the second semester. Or if you want college dorm vibes.

It’s $$$$, esp for Pomona….

no but u can go thru their yt video and get a sense of their matches
We had option to not go on stage or not even go to match day so some matches are not on the video. Think my class is collecting unofficial list so whenever that is published, it will probably be shared here

We had option to not go on stage or not even go to match day so some matches are not on the video. Think my class is collecting unofficial list so whenever that is published, it will probably be shared here
ok thats good, cause I saw in the video that they only announced like three individuals who matched anesthesia, and I'm like... I hoped they matched more than 3 for Anesthesia:rofl:

ok thats good, cause I saw in the video that they only announced like three individuals who matched anesthesia, and I'm like... I hoped they matched more than 3 for Anesthesia:rofl:
Based off what I’ve heard/seen: 4 RUHS, 1 RCH, 1 LLU, 1 UC Davis, 2 Indiana university. Could be missing a few from ppl who I’m not friends with.

Others who interviewed on 3/7... am I crazy or did they say we should be hearing back today? Maybe I hallucinated all that.

Others who interviewed on 3/7... am I crazy or did they say we should be hearing back today? Maybe I hallucinated all that.
correct me if im wrong but i think they say something along the lines of 3 weeks after your interview