2023-2024 Charles R Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 Charles R Drew Secondary Prompts

1. The university’s vision statement is “Excellent health and wellness for all in a world without health disparities”. Describe how you envision yourself contributing to the CDU vision statement. (1200 characters)

2. Describe your commitment to transforming the health of diverse and underserved communities. (800 characters)

3. Detail the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to the CDU MD Program. (1200 characters)

4. Please describe a personal experience in which you have encountered discrimination. (800 characters)

5. How will you utilize your medical knowledge and skills to contribute positively to your community after completing medical school? (800 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If anyone has noticed, they got bullied into reducing the Biochem requirement from a year down to 6 months. So yay!

Reactions: 6 users
If anyone has noticed, they got bullied into reducing the Biochem requirement from a year down to 6 months. So yay!
Bullied ==> prehealth advisors and faculty point out two-semester sequences of undergraduate biochemistry... no one does this. One goal of admissions is to get applications to review, and screening out apps for insufficient biochemistry was a very bad idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email saying my app was received and under review.

Just received secondary and realized I never took calculus which is one of their prereqs LOL. How much time am I wasting if I submit secondary anyways? I thought they would've screened me out.

I received OOS secondary today as well but it's not letting me sign in. I will call support tomorrow about it, but can someone please post the secondary questions so I can start working on it while they fix my account? Thanks, sm, and good luck to everyone!!

Has anyone been able to login into their Applicant Gateway portal to submit their secondary? I've been having issues despite following the prompt and calling practically every CDU number available

Can someone please post the prompts thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The university’s vision statement is “Excellent health and wellness for all in a world without health disparities”. Describe how you envision yourself contributing to the CDU vision statement. (1200 characters)

Describe your commitment to transforming the health of diverse and underserved communities. (800 characters)

Detail the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to the CDU MD Program. (1200 characters)

Please describe a personal experience in which you have encountered discrimination. (800 characters)

How will you utilize your medical knowledge and skills to contribute positively to your community after completing medical school? (800 characters)

@wysdoc @chilly_md

Is anyone else having trouble answering the lass secondary prompt? 1, 2, and 5 all sound the same to me

Is anyone else having trouble answering the lass secondary prompt? 1, 2, and 5 all sound the same to me
The first prompt is a general statement of contribution to health equity while the fifth specifies contribution your community. I used the fifth to talk about the specifics of my community. The 2nd prompt I think is about talking about the strength of your commitment. How committed are you to underserved communities, and why is that so.

Reactions: 1 users
How long after you submitted your primary did you guys received the secondary

Just got an email moments ago that CDU received my verified app and that it is under review. How long do they take to send out secondary after sending this email?

Just got an email moments ago that CDU received my verified app and that it is under review. How long do they take to send out secondary after sending this email?
How long after you submitted your primary did you guys received the secondary
6/30 got the confirmation email, secondary on 7/3

Got the confirmation email 6/30 and received my secondary 07/3

Who else is waiting to receive the secondary ? I got confirmation e-mail July 14.

Anyone else still waiting on the secondary? I got the confirmation email 7/22.

Reactions: 4 users
How are you guys approaching this question? 2. Describe your commitment to transforming the health of diverse and underserved communities. (800 characters)

Would we answer demonstrating our past, current, or future plans to transforming the health of diverse/underserved communities?

Has anyone received regular MD interview? IS or OOS

Last edited:
Does anyone want to take a lot at my secondary for this school? I want to make sure I’m answering these questions!

Based on the AAMC they do screen
Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 4.58.35 PM.png

Looks like last year their class was only like 26 seats (based off the SDN last year), does anyone know how many seats they have for this year?

Is it worrisome that I got a verification email from CDU on 8/10 but still no secondary?

The website states it will send out interviews in August. Although I recently submitted in August I keep checking my email too often 😅😅😅😅

Reactions: 2 users
How did that work
apologies, I wasn’t clear. I interviewed last cycle and was subsequently waitlisted. I sent in my AMCAS app for this current cycle and I’m still waiting for a secondary.

Does anyone know if CDU has strong in-state bias? I can’t find much info about this. Thanks!